• Published 31st Dec 2018
  • 3,944 Views, 1,221 Comments

Azure Edge - Leaf Blade



Rarity is a Slayer. Her life is devoted to hunting the bloodthirsty beasts and magical monsters that would threaten the sleepy winter homes of Equestria, but that doesn't mean she can't flirt with the cute librarian during her days off. [Omniship]

  • ...
22
 1,221
 3,944

PreviousChapters Next
238. You Ever Feel So Gay It Makes You Feel Like An Oaf???

Fluttershy walked through the train to the Crystal Empire. It was a good thing not a lot of ponies were headed there, because Fluttershy had to walk through cabin after cabin after cabin until she finally realized she wasn’t going to find what she was looking for. Or ‘who’, rather.

One might think it would be difficult for a mare as large as Applejack to just disappear, especially on a nearly empty train, but alas that was the situation Fluttershy found herself in as she searched for her.

Fluttershy was starting to worry that something may have happened to Applejack, and she wondered if perhaps she should ask one of the others where she went, but then Fluttershy decided she was probably just being silly and worrying over nothing like she always does and that she didn’t want to bother any of the others and besides they’d probably make fun of her for worrying anyway.

But then, what if Applejack was in trouble? What if she needed help? And Fluttershy was the only one who noticed she was missing and she wasn’t helping at all and now something horrible was going to happen to Applejack and it was all her fault cuz she was too embarrassed to ask someone for help!

And what if she said that to one of the others and they laughed at her for being silly? And what if—

Actually, as Fluttershy sat curled into a ball in the corner of the eerily vacant dining cabin, she thought to herself ‘what if I just use my magic that’s good at finding people’. And now she felt silly.

Granted, even with her face turning a painful, burning red, she felt more relieved than silly once she was able to easily detect Applejack’s presence nearby, and confirm that she wasn’t hurt or anything. That sense of relief was even enough to override the anxiety that Fluttershy had originally felt about talking to Applejack at all.

It was also enough for Fluttershy to not question where she detected Applejack’s presence, and why she was there. Fluttershy just exited out of one of the cabins and spread her wings, flying on top of the roof of the train where Applejack was sitting.

Fluttershy wasn’t used to the wind speed though and as soon as she flew above the train, the wind slammed her into one of the cars like a pancake hitting the wall, Fluttershy splatting flat against it and feeling a throbbing pain in her everything.

“Fluttershy!” Applejack cried out as she looked over and saw the flattened dragon trying to claw her way onto Applejack’s car.

Applejack came over to help Fluttershy up, and as Fluttershy stood to her feet, Applejack held her in her arms to help Fluttershy remain centered, and not only was the massive wall of beef that made up Applejack’s body a very good deterrent from the wind, it was also warm and soft and Fluttershy was gay.

Fluttershy absolutely loathed to admit it, but she couldn’t stop thinking about Applejack after their battle the other night. And not in the way that Fluttershy had been thinking of her— with contempt and jealousy— no, now Fluttershy was thinking of Applejack taking Fluttershy’s tiny frail pony body in her massive arms and just snapping her like a twig.

“Isn’t it dangerous? To be up here, I mean.” Fluttershy asked, using a small tinge of magic not only so that Applejack could hear her over the roar of the wind as the train they stood on galloped through the tundra leading to the Crystal Empire, but also so that same wind wouldn’t blow away the old hat resting on Fluttershy’s head.

“Not for me it ain’t,” Applejack shrugged. She looked back over to where she had been sitting, then looked out ahead toward where the train was going; Fluttershy turned to look too, but there weren’t any tunnels or low hanging bridges or anything in their future. “At least as long as I don’t fall off, I guess.”

“But you wouldn’t do that,” Fluttershy giggled, “cuz you’re too tough, right?”

“I dunno if I’d say that,” Applejack chuckled, and she was still holding tightly to Fluttershy to make sure she didn’t lose her balance or something, and Fluttershy was about ready to start freaking out cuz her brain was full of too much gay. “But I been climbin’ up on top of trains since I was a filly. Don’t really bother me none.”

“That’s so cool,” Fluttershy cooed, and at the sound of Applejack’s laughter, Fluttershy felt that familiar stinging sensation of embarrassment burning her cheeks, and the tips of her ears at that.

“Thank ye kindly, Fluttershy!” Applejack said with a big grin. “I think you’re cool too!”

Oh gosh, she complimented me!

Fluttershy bit her lip and put a hand on her cheek as she turned her gaze away from Applejack. This was so asinine! Why now was she suddenly acting like such a smitten kitten—oh, kittens, Fluttershy would love to play with some kittens— ahem, such a smitten kitten around Applejack?!

But then Fluttershy looked up and got her answer in the form of a giant, muscled mare with a gleaming smile that sucker punched all the worries straight out of Fluttershy’s brain space. When she was in Applejack’s arms, there was only Applejack.

“Oh, Applejack!” Fluttershy chirped, remembering she was still wearing the pony’s hat.

“Yes, hon?” Applejack said sweetly, Fluttershy feeling weak at the knees like a damn idiot.

“Uhhh, your hat!” Fluttershy took the hat off her head and handed it to Applejack, only for her to take it and place it right back on Fluttershy’s head.

“You hold onto it for a bit, sugarcube,” Applejack smiled, and Fluttershy bit her tongue to stop herself from erupting into a fit of smitten giggles. “Think of it as like a token of our friendship!”

Fluttershy let her fingers trace the edge of the hat as a smitten smile spread across her lips.

“O-okay,” she said bashfully, a warm glow washing over her like settling into a hot bath after a long day, “I would be honored to.”

Author's Note:

the title was originally just gonna be the author's notes but,, it's too perfect. crushes are hard yo

If you enjoyed this chapter, please let me know by leaving a comment! I absolutely adore reading them!
Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed!

PreviousChapters Next