• Published 31st Dec 2018
  • 3,950 Views, 1,221 Comments

Azure Edge - Leaf Blade



Rarity is a Slayer. Her life is devoted to hunting the bloodthirsty beasts and magical monsters that would threaten the sleepy winter homes of Equestria, but that doesn't mean she can't flirt with the cute librarian during her days off. [Omniship]

  • ...
22
 1,221
 3,950

PreviousChapters Next
118. Cookies on the Train

Twilight was leaned against the window of the train as the snowy hills of Equestria rolled by, her eyes darting back and forth between the scenery outside and Spike, who was sitting across from her and just had so many questions about the Crystal Empire.

Unfortunately for Spike, Twilight couldn’t actually answer most of his questions, as she hadn't ever actually been there; but she didn’t want to tell him that, so she just tried to be coy and answer his questions in as teasing a tone as possible.

Granted, trying to be playful with her son was not super easy considering all Twilight really wanted to do was curl up into a ball and lie on the ground for the rest of her life, so she was somewhat relieved to see Pinkie Pie poking her head into their cabin.

“Knock-knock!” Pinkie chirped. “Anypony in here? Er, wait—anycreature? Anyp—uhh what’s the term here?”

“’Anyone’ is fine,” Twilight chuckled.

“Oh yeah,” Pinkie conked herself on the noggin, “duh! Anyhoo, I brought many cookies!”

“Oooh, come on in, Pinkie!” Spike cooed, slapping his hands against the seat.

Pinkie did exactly as asked and bounced into the cabin, holding two big plastic bags full to bursting with cookies and throwing one over to Spike, who audibly grunted from the weight as he caught it, and he yelped and covered his face with his arms as Pinkie pulled a third bag out of her mane and tossed it to him.

“Hey, Spike,” Pinkie said as she took a seat next to him, “be a dear and split those cookies with Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy? I forgot to hand those off to them!”

“I hope you made enough for Applejack and Rarity,” Twilight said listlessly, staring vacantly out the window.

“Of course, silly!” Pinkie blew a raspberry. “But they aren’t here right now so I’ve got their cookies stuffed away in my secret pouch!”

“So wait,” Spike said, holding up a bag of cookies and licking his lips, “does that mean this whole bag is just for me?”

“Well as long as Twilight’s okay with it,” Pinkie nodded, “yeah!”

Spike whipped his head toward Twilight at lightning speed and looked at her with stars in his eyes, and Twilight just rolled her eyes and smirked.

“Go ahead, Spike,” she said, “but bring that other bag to Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy first, okay?”

“Will do!” Spike said with an eager salute. “Thanks Twilight, thanks Pinkie!”

Spike couldn’t bolt out of the cabin fast enough, practically leaving Twilight and Pinkie in a cloud of dust, and Twilight couldn’t help but laugh.

“Thanks, Pinkie Pie,” Twilight said. “That was really sweet of you.”

“You guys are my friends,” Pinkie shrugged and stuffed a fistful of cookies into her mouth, not even pretending to care about chewing before she started speaking again and spewing crumbs everywhere. “You want some?”

“Yeah, I’ll take a few,” Twilight said, reaching her hand out.

“Help yourself!” Pinkie chirped as she handed over the bag.

Twilight took a cookie out of the bag and bit down on it. It tasted very good, and Twilight meant to say as much, but she just sort of… zoned out.

“Hey,” Pinkie said softly, Twilight responding by looking up at her but not by speaking. “You wanna talk about, y’know, all the stuff?”

Twilight shook her head.

“That’s okay!” Pinkie kicked her legs in the air. “Do you mind if I… keep you company for a bit?”

“Actually,” Twilight hummed, tracing her fingers over her cookie, “yeah, I’d actually really like that, Pinkie.”

Pinkie beamed and reached out her hand for the cookie bag, Twilight handing it over and Pinkie wasting no time in stuffing her face with as many cookies as would fit in it.

“Don’t worry,” Pinkie said, her mouth full of cookie, “I’ll make sure I save some for you!”

Twilight chuckled but didn’t respond. She just wanted to look out the window at the scenery going by, but every so often she’d look back at Pinkie gleefully eating cookies, and it made her think about the party they all had in Twilight’s library.

That was probably the best day of Twilight’s entire life, and now the library was burned to ashes and was never coming back. Twilight’s lie was revealed, Rarity hated her now, and yet?

Pinkie Pie still wanted to be Twilight’s friend.

And suddenly, the weight of everything that had happened crashed on Twilight’s shoulders like a tidal wave, and her face scrunched up reflexively to try to stop the tears from happening, but they were coming way too strong for Twilight to fight back against them, and Twilight broke down and started weeping.

Pinkie hopped off her bench and came over onto Twilight’s, not saying a word as she just wrapped Twilight up in a hug. That just made Twilight cry even harder, but in a good way, if that makes sense.

Pinkie held up a cookie for Twilight, and Twilight took it and gave it a gentle nibble.

“These are really good, Pinkie,” Twilight said, trying to get a coherent sentence out despite her sniffling and blubbering.

“Thanks,” Pinkie said warmly, “I made them with a lotta love.”

“Pinkie Pie,” Twilight put the cookie in her mouth and embraced Pinkie, holding her tight like she was the only solid matter in a universe coming apart at the seams around Twilight, “thank you.”

“Hey,” Pinkie squeaked, starting to cry herself, “what are friends for?”

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed!

PreviousChapters Next