• Published 31st Dec 2018
  • 3,950 Views, 1,221 Comments

Azure Edge - Leaf Blade



Rarity is a Slayer. Her life is devoted to hunting the bloodthirsty beasts and magical monsters that would threaten the sleepy winter homes of Equestria, but that doesn't mean she can't flirt with the cute librarian during her days off. [Omniship]

  • ...
22
 1,221
 3,950

PreviousChapters Next
47. Sometimes You Just Gotta Lie on the Ground and Eat Cookies

Twilight had written a mile-long list of preparations she needed to handle today before the library would be ready for the party tonight, but after approximately one thousand hours of executive dysfunction, she decided the best way she could prepare was by lounging around on the floor and eating cookies with her best friend.

“You were right, Spike,” she said, not even caring about all the crumbs around her face and on her chest, “this was the best way to prepare.”

“Told’ja,” Spike laughed and affected a pretty haughty little smirk as he shoved another cookie into his mouth. “Honestly, I don’t know why you ever doubt me.”

“Me either,” Twilight rolled her eyes with a smile. “So, are you nervous about the party? All of our new friends inside the library at the same time? Could be a lot.”

“No way,” Spike scoffed, spewing cookie crumbs everywhere. “I’m super excited! Really, I should be asking you that question!”

“Fair enough,” Twilight chuckled and took another cookie, putting it up to her lips and taking a tiny nibble out of it. “Actually, I’m really excited about it too. It might be a bit overwhelming, at least at first, but I can’t wait to see Applejack and Pinkie Pie again, and having Rainbow and Rarity there-“ Twilight took a deep breath, feeling both exhilarated and terrified as she thought about Rainbow, and especially Rarity “-I think it’ll be a lot of fun. And I think I’m ready for it.”

“Y’know, you’ve changed a lot since we moved into the Golden Oaks,” Spike said, grabbing two cookies and preparing for the kill. “For the better, I mean.”

“You think so?” Twilight laughed. She didn’t really think she’d changed very much at all, but she appreciated the compliment.

“I do!” Spike insisted, shoving both cookies in his mouth and chewing on them while he talked. “I wonder what Zecora would say if she could see how far you’ve come in the friend-making department! She was always super worried you’d never be able to do it!”

“She was not!” Twilight scoffed, lurching up and watching as a bunch of crumbs fell off her onto the ground, but she just harrumphed at Spike’s comment instead of paying attention to that. “Zecora believed in my friend making skills!”

“Sure she did, Twilight,” Spike chuckled and rolled his eyes.

“Well, I guess we’ll just have to ask her next time we see her,” Twilight stuck her tongue out at Spike, who returned the gesture. “Granted, I don’t know when that’s going to be. Not exactly a walk down the street to get to Zebrica from here.”

“We should plan a trip sometime,” Spike suggested. “I bet Rarity would really like Zebrica!”

“Zebrica’s pretty big, Spike,” Twilight said, “I think it would be pretty implausible for Rarity to like all of—wait, why are you singling out Rarity?!”

“Oh, I dunno,” Spike giggled and stuffed his mouth full of cookies before Twilight could question him any further.

Besides which, Twilight’s attention was suddenly rapt by something else; a tingling feeling on the back of her neck that brought a smile to her lips.

“They’re here,” Twilight stood up and straightened herself, wiping crumbs off her clothes and onto the floor. “Are you ready, Spike?”

“Yup!” Spike gave a thumbs-up as crumbs flew out of his mouth, Twilight just rolling her eyes and making a note to give him another lecture on proper table manners sometime soon. Surely this one would be the one that sticks!

Twilight approached the door and looked out the window, biting down a smile as she saw the four ponies chatting amongst themselves as they drew close to the library.

When Twilight opened the door, she was greeted by the smiling faces of Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Applejack, and she returned their affection with a bright smile of her own.

“Hello, everyone!” Twilight beamed. “Welcome to the Golden Oaks Library! I hope you enjoy the party we have planned!”

Author's Note:

originally i was gonna set this fic in like Pony Tamriel instead of equestria, and i only bring this up cuz the draft for this chapter mentioned the absolutely excellent pun Hammerfoal and i want everyone to hear that

Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed!

PreviousChapters Next