• Published 31st Dec 2018
  • 3,911 Views, 1,216 Comments

Azure Edge - Leaf Blade



Rarity is a Slayer. Her life is devoted to hunting the bloodthirsty beasts and magical monsters that would threaten the sleepy winter homes of Equestria, but that doesn't mean she can't flirt with the cute librarian during her days off. [Omniship]

  • ...
22
 1,216
 3,911

PreviousChapters Next
278. Sword Lesbians

A lot of stuff was going through Apple Bloom’s brain as she stood at the Appleloosa train station, hopping excitedly and punching the air to hype herself up, Granny Smith and Big Mac chatting it up beside her. Well to be honest Granny was doing most of the chatting, but y’know whatever.

So anyway, the brain stuff huh? Most of it was nervousness! There was a lot to be nervous about! She hadn't travelled in like, ever. And she was going to the Crystal Empire! She was gonna get to see Applejack again, which she couldn’t wait for, but she was also gonna see dragons for the first time and that was pretty scary.

But scarier than that was meeting Rarity’s family for the first time. Rarity was practically an Apple herself, least as far as Bloom was concerned, so she wanted to make a good impression on the family. Especially the sister, Sweetie Belle. Bloom’d never met her before, but she’d seen a few pictures and heard some stories from Rarity about this girl Bloom’s age who was so good with a sword she could land a strike even on Queen Celestia.

She seemed pretty cool.

Apple Bloom was crushing so hard holy shit holy piss!!

But it’d be fine! Apple Bloom prepared a bunch of stuff to say, she’d been up like all night practicing her small talk and stuff. Oh wait, but what if Sweetie Belle wasn’t as cool as Apple Bloom thought? Oh no, what if she was even cooler?! ABORT ABORT!! ABANDON BATTLE STATIONS!

“You okay there, hon?” Granny Smith asked, and Apple Bloom laughed at an awkwardly loud volume.

“Yeah, I’m great!” she said, sweating bullets.

“Oookay,” Granny hummed, and turned to look down the train tracks and pointed at the oncoming train. “That’s us.”

Pit in Bloom’s stomach now. She was trying to breathe in and out all calm like, but this was it! Moment of truth and stuff!

Big Mac tapped her on the shoulder, and smiled when she looked up at him, so she smiled back. He held out his fist and Apple Bloom gave it a gentle pound, which did wonders for her nerves. Her family had her back no matter what, and honestly that’s what was important.

She could still be a little nervous though. Just a little bit.

The train rolled into the station and after all the huffery of getting the passengers off and stuff, the people the Apples were really waiting for disembarked. Rarity’s mom and dad were whatever, and they stepped onto the platform and introduced themselves or something, Bloom wasn’t paying attention.

But there was Sweetie Belle right behind ‘em, and Bloom swore she was hearing church bells or… something. Was that romantic? Anyway, Sweetie looked really cool and Apple Bloom wanted to protect her from monsters and bad guys.

Sweetie turned to look at Apple Bloom and smiled at her, and Apple Bloom’s little transgender girl brain completely short-circuited. All the other kids she’d played with were boys, and she was still figuring out how to be a girl, much less talk to ‘em!

“Hey, you’re Apple Bloom, right?!” Sweetie rushed excitedly over and roughly shook Apple Bloom’s hand, Bloom kinda just drifting off into space inside her own head.

“Y-yeah, that’s me,” she mumbled awkwardly, unable to even look at Sweetie Belle without thinking impure thoughts like ‘I wanna hold her hand’ or ‘I wanna give her an apple’.

“Check this out!” Sweetie threw her backpack on the ground and dug through it before producing a big freaking SWORD!! Apple Bloom’s eyes widened in amazement and she started drooling like she was looking at the juiciest apple she’d ever seen. “Rarity told me you like swords, right? This one’s mine! Isn’t it COOL!?”

“That’s YERS?!” Apple Bloom yelled excitedly, and Sweetie nodded with a huge smile on her face. Okay, Sweetie was officially the coolest girl in the whole world, but she wasn’t half as cool as that GOSH DARN SWORD!!!!!!!!!

“Yeah, it’s brand new too!” Sweetie said, swinging the blade around with effortless grace. “I made sure to get one for myself once I heard I was finally gonna meet you, cuz Rarity told me you like swords and I wanted a cool sword to show you cuz I wanted to make a good first impression and when I saw this bad boy I was like ‘oh she’s gonna LOVE this’!”

“And you were right!” Apple Bloom yelled, glittering eyes still glued to the sword. “And that’s mighty sweet of ya to be thinking of me.”

“No problem!” Sweetie beamed and put down the sword, extending her sword hand to Apple Bloom, which was a mighty high honor in Bloom’s opinion, so she took the hand gently, Sweetie then shaking it like she was trying to knock a prize loose. “Pleasure to meetcha, Apple Bloom! I can already tell, we’re gonna be the best of friends!”

“Couldn’t be happier!” Apple Bloom replied, smiling at Sweetie Belle…

…and her really cool sword.

Author's Note:

writing kids is difficult lmao
i was trying to think of what kinda stuff i liked as a kid, and the answer was "girls" and "swords"
...
i haven't changed much

If you enjoyed this chapter, please let me know by leaving a comment! I absolutely adore reading them!
Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed!

PreviousChapters Next