• Published 31st Dec 2018
  • 3,943 Views, 1,221 Comments

Azure Edge - Leaf Blade



Rarity is a Slayer. Her life is devoted to hunting the bloodthirsty beasts and magical monsters that would threaten the sleepy winter homes of Equestria, but that doesn't mean she can't flirt with the cute librarian during her days off. [Omniship]

  • ...
22
 1,221
 3,943

PreviousChapters Next
259. Train Hives

“Well,” Trixie hummed as she sat at the empty Crystal Empire train station beside Twilight Sparkle, the pair having just seen with their own eyes a bigass prison where dragons are being detained and tortured, “that sucks.”

“Yeah, it sure does,” Twilight laughed helplessly and Trixie just sighed. Laughter was probably a better response but bleugh.

“What do we do?” Twilight asked, her ears flopping against her head.

“You’re asking me?” Trixie balked, practically hissing at the prospect of taking responsibility for anything.

“I guess you’re right,” Twilight chuckled. “It’s about time I got off my ass and started helping… I just uhhh… need to think about—”

Twilight paused. Her eyes flickered with some kinda recognition, Trixie supposed but she wasn’t a mind reader so she had no clue. Twilight put a claw up to her lips and hummed, before nodding assertively.

“You figure something out?” Trixie asked, oh so nosy and demanding to be let in on the situation.

“I think so,” Twilight said coldly, though she immediately let out an awkward laugh and lightened up her tone. “I mean, I think I know where to start, which frankly is good enough for now.”

“Yeah?” Trixie grinned sinisterly, wanting to get her mucky little claws on the secrets. Okay maybe not ‘sinister’ so much as ‘nosy’. “Let me in, I wanna know!”

“Uhh, I don’t think I will,” Twilight said awkwardly, her face turning bright red as she rubbed the back of her neck. Suspicious. “At least, not yet. If I start talking about my plan, I’ll psyche myself out of it, I know I will. So just let me do this.”

“Okay,” Trixie shrugged. She didn’t wanna know the secrets that bad anyway. “So you wanna grab some lunch then?”

“Practically dinner, now,” Twilight said, looking up at the yellow tinted sky.

“Ew, where does the time go?” Trixie groaned. “Oh well,” she shrugged, “let’s just go someplace else, this train station is starting to make me break out into hives or something.”

“How is that possible?” Twilight asked flatly.

“Uh, TRAIN HIVES, Twilight?” Trixie scoffed at Twilight’s completely buffoonish ignorance. “You ever hear of train hives?”

“I haven’t.”

“Wow, okay,” Trixie rolled her eyes. “Guess you’re not so smart after all.”

“I’m pretty sure you just made up ‘train hives’. That’s not a real thing.”

“No, my humility and my respect for you are not real things,” Trixie harrumphed, flicking up her tail at Twilight as she trotted toward the Empire. She’d have to go back to pony form, which was annoying, but she could save it for the last minute.



BAM! Cut to restaurant! The great and powerful Trixie, and to a much lesser degree Twilight Sparkle, walked into the modestly spacious and mostly completely empty little restaurant and took stock of the place. It was quaint, the end.

They chose it cuz Twilight’s friends were hanging out here, and Twilight wanted to spend time with them. Trixie came along for the ride, though she knew she was probably gonna have to bounce as soon as that pink one made a fuss about her, which was fine.

And there they were, all of Twilight’s little friends, such as Apple Horse, Yellow Horse, Pink Horse, and Child Horse. Also Maud was there, and Trixie got butterflies in her stomach as soon as she saw her.

The little ponies and Yellow Horse who Trixie had briefly forgotten was not a pony were all very excited to see Twilight, waving and hollering to her, and even getting up and hugging her when she approached. Trixie hung back, cuz like, no one wanted to hug her so that’s cool.

Trixie just kinda moved back and forth on her hooves as she waited for Twilight to be done with her mushy gushy bullshit, and she wasn’t really paying any attention to them, so she didn’t see Maud approaching until the pony grabbed her hand and made her jump out of her skin.

“Hey,” Maud said.

“Hey,” Trixie replied, feeling like her guts were a freshly shaken up soda can.

“Sit next to me,” Maud said.

“Y-yeah,” Trixie nodded, smiling like an idiot and trying not to tear up, “okay.”

Author's Note:

sorry for the wait,, part of it's just, y'know, Life, but ALSO i'm at the Final Push(tm) for a new pony fic project that i've been working hard on for the last couple months, so that's taking alot of my energy atm. that should be coming out in early august, so plz look forward to it :3c

If you enjoyed this chapter, please let me know by leaving a comment! I absolutely adore reading them!
Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed!

PreviousChapters Next