• Published 31st Dec 2018
  • 3,949 Views, 1,221 Comments

Azure Edge - Leaf Blade



Rarity is a Slayer. Her life is devoted to hunting the bloodthirsty beasts and magical monsters that would threaten the sleepy winter homes of Equestria, but that doesn't mean she can't flirt with the cute librarian during her days off. [Omniship]

  • ...
22
 1,221
 3,949

PreviousChapters Next
240. In Which Rainbow Dash is Gay (again)

“So, explain to me,” Pinkie Pie hummed as Rainbow meandered behind her and Fluttershy, trotting through the eerily empty streets of the Crystal Empire, “what’s the deal with this Cadance lady?”

“I know what the deal is,” Fluttershy giggled and looked back at Rainbow with a coy smirk. “Rainbow’s got a cruuuuush.”

“Shut up! You are!” Rainbow said bashfully, steaming mad as her face got all red and sunburned-feeling.

“She are what?” Pinkie asked confusedly, looking up at Fluttershy who just shrugged with a smile on her face.

“Yeah, Rainbow?” Fluttershy looked at Rainbow and blinked innocently, and Rainbow cursed her for being so damn cute. “What are I?”

“You’re— y’know— fu— uhh— cool and I like you, shut up,” Rainbow muttered, crossing her arms in a huff.

“You’re cool and I like you too,” Fluttershy daintily skipped over to Rainbow and planted a kiss on her cheek, Rainbow’s head exploding from the sudden deluge of gay feelings.

“Truth is—” Rainbow rubbed the back of her neck and paused. She looked around and realized that it was actually like super weird that there weren’t ponies on the streets. “Hey, where is everyone?”

“In their homes, probably,” Fluttershy said. “It’s almost sundown already, and there’s a curfew.”

“Oh,” Rainbow said. “Are we gonna get in trouble for being on the streets?”

“No,” Fluttershy shook her head, “it’s not enforced, just ‘encouraged’.”

“How do you know all this?” Pinkie asked confusedly, mirroring Rainbow’s sentiments exactly.

“Weren’t you guys listening to Twilight’s lecture on the habits and rituals of the Crystal Empire citizenry this morning?”

Pinkie and Rainbow looked at each other, Rainbow vaguely remembering Twilight getting them all together to talk about some boring stuff that she slept through.

“No,” Rainbow said flatly.

“I was still thinking about Applejack’s cock,” Pinkie added, Rainbow nodding in agreement.

“I see,” Fluttershy blushed and tapped her fingers together. “Well I paid attention, and it was fascinating.”

Rainbow looked around a bit more; the Crystal Empire was like one part crystal buildings and statues and stuff, one part nature with big trees and stuff. And kinda like Green Neigh, the winter chill didn’t penetrate the magic of this place, at least not much. It was still cold, and there was a hint of ice dripping off the trees and rooftops, but the grass and stuff was still green as hell.

Anyway, Rainbow wanted to get off the streets so the gals set up camp at a nearby park, Rainbow starfishing on the grass as the other two sat on a bench.

“So like I was saying,” Rainbow sat up to explain herself. “The truth is, I used to have—well, hell still have—a huge crush on Cadance. When I first became a Slayer, I was basically a laughingstock, and she was really nice to me, and it meant so much for Celestia’s star pupil to show me that kinda kindness.

“She was like everything I wanted to be, y’know? Cool and heroic, and sexy and— I dunno, just nice, I guess. Plus, y’know, alicorns are kinda sexy.”

“Is that right?” Cadance said sweetly, standing behind the bench with a coy smile, Pinkie and Fluttershy jumping as they noticed her presence and just all the color draining from Rainbow’s uhhhh everything. She was gonna have to change her name. “That’s really sweet of you to say that, hotshot.”

“Thanks,” Rainbow croaked, wishing she was dead.

“You didn’t hear anything!” Pinkie stood up like a shot and pointed a finger at Cadance, who just laughed softly in return.

“I heard everything, actually,” Cadance said, and as she turned her attention back to Rainbow, the pegasus felt like her bones were melting and seeping out through her pores. “And I’m flattered! I knew you had a bit of a crush, but I didn’t know that I had helped you like that, I’m really glad to hear it. And it seems like everything’s worked out pretty well for you.”

“Well, I got kicked out of the Slayers,” Rainbow grumbled, curling up into a ball and holding her legs in front of her like a shield.

“So like I said,” Cadance said flatly, and Rainbow let out a little laugh at that. “You’re doing great.” Cadance sighed and walked over beside Rainbow Dash, sitting at a comfortable distance from her and mirroring her legs-curled-up position. “I was hoping we might be able to hang out sometime. Like, maybe tomorrow? Over coffee? I’ve heard a lot about you from Rarity, and I’ve always wanted a chance to meet you myself.”

Cadance extended her hand.

“What do you say?”

Rainbow looked over to Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie, who were both nodding excitedly with Pinkie even clasping her hands and her eyes were glittering with stars, and Rainbow smiled.

“Cadance?” Rainbow said, and she put her hand in Cadance’s, and the two women smiled brightly at each other. “I would really like that.”

Author's Note:

listen up NERDS! i just wanna say?? shoutout to the ppl who comment on like every chapter with big long comments pointing out individual passages they like. rly can't stress enough how much comments like that (and all the other nice comments too) help keep me motivated and make it way easier to keep making fanned fiction :>

Speaking of, if you enjoyed this chapter, please let me know by leaving a comment! I absolutely adore reading them!
Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed!

PreviousChapters Next