• Published 31st Dec 2018
  • 3,947 Views, 1,221 Comments

Azure Edge - Leaf Blade



Rarity is a Slayer. Her life is devoted to hunting the bloodthirsty beasts and magical monsters that would threaten the sleepy winter homes of Equestria, but that doesn't mean she can't flirt with the cute librarian during her days off. [Omniship]

  • ...
22
 1,221
 3,947

PreviousChapters Next
56. Tell Me About Her

Rarity rested her head in her hand, her elbow on the armrest of her seat, as she stared out at the winter scenery rolling past the train window. Sitting across the cabin from her was Celestia, Hunter Queen of Equestria; one of Rarity’s very favorite ponies and her mentor.

And while normally, Rarity’s time spent with Celestia had her attention completely rapt by the alicorn Queen, on this day, a different pony held Rarity’s thoughts in her hands, and Rarity sighed contentedly as she idly stared out the window and daydreamed about her precious librarian, Twilight Sparkle.

“Why, Rarity,” Celestia said coyly, tapping a finger against her lips, “if I didn’t know better, I might think there was something on your mind. Or somepony, rather.”

Rarity laughed nervously. “Is it really that obvious?”

“I’d love to tell you it isn’t,” Celestia smirked devilishly, “but I can’t lie to you.”

“Alright,” Rarity rolled her eyes, sighing again as she thought about Twilight, “I admit it, I have a crush on a mare I met in Canterlot recently.”

“Oh?” Celestia gave a catlike smile. “Do tell.”

“She’s the local librarian,” Rarity said. “Did you know that? A library opened up in the Moon District very recently, about a couple months ago, I believe.”

“I had heard something to that effect,” Celestia pondered, “though I haven’t been able to visit myself quite yet. It’s good news though, libraries are wonderful places, and I’m certain the ponies of the Moon District will benefit greatly from its presence.”

I certainly have,” Rarity giggled, stopping just short of snorting as memories of Twilight flooded her heart. “You should come by sometime. I think you and Twilight Sparkle would get along fiendishly well.”

“Ooh, I like the sound of that,” Celestia laughed softly. “Tell me about her?”

“Well,” Rarity beamed ear to ear, “if you insist.”

The next two hours were filled by Rarity’s nonstop gushing about Twilight Sparkle; about how smart she was, and beautiful, and adorable. How she seemed to know nearly everything, and if she didn’t know something, she knew how to learn it.

Rarity gushed about the way Twilight made everything seem so incredible and fascinating and interesting, and Rarity wished she had the same ability as she was certain that she was practically putting Celestia to sleep with all her nonstop rambling.

“Oh, don’t worry about me, Rarity,” Celestia scoffed, batting away Rarity’s concerns. “I enjoy listening to you ramble, and I’m very pleased that you’ve found a special somepony to share your affections with.”

“Well, let’s not get ahead of ourselves quite yet,” Rarity said bashfully. “It’s just a little crush at the moment—”

“I’m not sure you could spend an entire train ride gushing about a ‘little’ crush, Rarity,” Celestia said teasingly.

“Have you met me, darling?” Rarity shot back, fluttering her eyelashes and getting a laugh out of the Queen.

“Fair enough,” Celestia smirked. “Still though, she sounds lovely, and I’m glad that you’re able to enjoy your ‘little’ crush.”

“So am I,” Rarity sighed. “Have you ever had a crush, darling?”

“No,” Celestia said somberly, “I’m afraid I haven’t. I’ve always been far too busy with the whole ‘monster hunting’ thing to worry about romance or the like.”

“That’s too bad,” Rarity said sadly. “You deserve to be happy just as anypony else.”

“I am happy, Rarity,” Celestia rolled her eyes teasingly. “I don’t need to be in a relationship with somepony for me to be happy. For me, just knowing that the ponies under my protection are safe, cared for, and happy— that’s enough.”

“You’re absolutely right,” Rarity said, “and I apologize, for jumping to conclusions.”

“Think nothing of it, Rarity,” Celestia smiled. “Now, we have maybe another half hour before we reach our destination; is there anything else you’d like to share about your Twilight Sparkle?”

Well…” Rarity tapped her fingers together and prepared a round of gushing that would easily last much longer than a single half hour.

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed!

PreviousChapters Next