• Published 31st Dec 2018
  • 3,949 Views, 1,221 Comments

Azure Edge - Leaf Blade



Rarity is a Slayer. Her life is devoted to hunting the bloodthirsty beasts and magical monsters that would threaten the sleepy winter homes of Equestria, but that doesn't mean she can't flirt with the cute librarian during her days off. [Omniship]

  • ...
22
 1,221
 3,949

PreviousChapters Next
268. Whatever Manner We're Able

Rarity stood on the shore of the Luna Bay, letting the cold waves wash over her hooves. Her eyes were tightly shut, and her breathing was slow and deliberate. Her mind was ready to crack under the pressure of the tasks ahead of her, so she needed to center herself and regroup before continuing.

“I’m not going to ask if you’re ready for this,” Rarity said, opening her eyes and turning to Rain Shine, who smiled softly at her, “or if you’re sure about it.”

“Just as well,” Rain Shine said calmly, and Rarity envied her demeanor, “because I am both, and you appear to be neither.”

“Do you think…” Rarity said, losing her sentence to the heavy sheet of static in her brain.

“Sometimes,” Rain Shine said pleasantly, drawing a genuine laugh from Rarity.

“Do you think we’ll ever be rid of people like the Pristine Army?” Rarity asked, looking to Rain Shine for some kind of guidance. “For real, I mean. Do you think there will ever be a time when our world is truly free of such cruelty and needless hatred?”

“I do,” Rain Shine said without hesitation, bringing another smile to Rarity’s lips. “Though, perhaps not in our lifetimes.”

“I suppose,” Rarity sighed. It wasn’t exactly what she wanted to hear, but she supposed it was something.

“Who knows?” Rain Shine shrugged, not exactly bolstering Rarity’s confidence or her mood. “Perhaps we will indeed live to see a land free from bigotry someday. But either way, we owe it to ourselves, to the people we love, and to the people who cannot bear arms for themselves, to fight every day for what’s right. In whatever manner that we’re able.”

That was something to think about. For right now, Rarity’s manner was to force the Pristine Army out of this village. But perhaps going forward, she could learn to pick up a new skill that wouldn’t land her in quite so many deadly situations.

And maybe that would be okay, for her to pass the torch of the frontline warrior to someone else.

“YO, Rarity!” Rainbow called out and waved to Rarity as she and Autumn Blaze approached them, walking along the shore. “Are you ready to GO?!”

“Just about,” Rarity said, trying to affect a smile under the weight of her increasingly fragile mental state.

“Only one order of business left, am I right?” Rain Shine slithered up beside Rarity and rested her head on steepled fingers, smirking seductively at Rarity. There were certainly less pleasant things Rarity could think to do to gain magic than kissing a beautiful woman, so Rarity considered herself lucky.

Rarity put her hands on Rain Shine’s snout and took a deep breath. It wasn’t exactly her first time kissing a dragon, but it never stopped being overwhelming, especially when all these damn dragons were so hot all the time.

Rain Shine nudged forward, bumping her nose against Rarity’s and making her giggle, and then Rarity pressed her lips against Rain Shine’s and kissed her.

It was like being revived. Like drinking water after the end of a long, parched work day. Rarity could feel herself glowing and could feel her body and mind being refreshed as if they were brand new. As Rarity’s lips parted with the dragon’s she breathed another sigh, and a smile crept onto her face.

Now she was ready.

“How do you feel?” Rain Shine arched her back and shook her mane, and Rarity licked her lips as she watched.

“I’m ready to go on a damn rampage,” Rarity snarled, clenching her fists as her body was overflowing with magic.

“Ah,” Rain Shine laughed softly into her hand, “I can see I have entrusted my power to the right person.”

Author's Note:

reminder that i'm not updating on sundays for the time being, so no update tomorrow. but on monday we'll finally start the actual battle with the pristine army.

If you enjoyed this chapter, please let me know by leaving a comment! I absolutely adore reading them!
Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed!

PreviousChapters Next