• Published 31st Dec 2018
  • 3,911 Views, 1,216 Comments

Azure Edge - Leaf Blade



Rarity is a Slayer. Her life is devoted to hunting the bloodthirsty beasts and magical monsters that would threaten the sleepy winter homes of Equestria, but that doesn't mean she can't flirt with the cute librarian during her days off. [Omniship]

  • ...
22
 1,216
 3,911

PreviousChapters Next
128. My Little Assassin

Rainbow Dash stood her ground for a sec, keeping a protective stance in front of Spike to keep him safe from the assassin’s attacks, and waited for her opening.

Luckily, she wouldn’t be waiting long, cuz while Rainbow stared the assassin down, Fluttershy swung at the half-pint killer from behind with her sword, the assassin ducking and jumping back to avoid Fluttershy’s attack.

“Fluttershy,” Rainbow said coolly as Fluttershy moved behind Rainbow, “take Spike and go get Twilight. She’s on the roof of the inn.”

“But Rainbow Dash,” Fluttershy whispered in Rainbow’s ear, “that assassin is a dragon.”

“Yeah, that’s fine,” Rainbow said, a bead of cold sweat dripping down her brow; Rainbow hadn't quite caught on to that fact before Fluttershy told her, but her resolve was set. “If I can’t keep one dragon at bay, at least long enough for you to get Twilight, then I’m a completely worthless excuse for a Slayer.”

“Okay,” Fluttershy said, her tone pretty obviously worried but she tried to sound calm at least. “I’ll trust you, Rainbow Dash.”

“Like I’m gonna just let you lea—” the assassin snarled as she rushed toward Fluttershy and Spike, but Rainbow just threw a dagger into the enemy’s neck that exploded in a fury of magical energy and knocked her to the ground, blood pouring out an open wound on in her chest and tearing apart her mask.

Fluttershy didn’t waste any time, picking up Spike and heading down the stairs back to the lobby; not exactly the quickest route to the roof, but considering the assassin was blocking the only other path in this narrow hallway, they couldn’t exactly afford to be choosy.

It wasn’t until the assassin stood to her feet that Rainbow got a decent look at her without her mask on; she had an orange coat and a short-cut purple mane, with a look of total fury and disgust on her face as she locked eyes with Rainbow.

None of that mattered though; the only thing Rainbow could focus on was that the assassin wasn’t just short because whatever, she was short cuz she was a child.

“That’s not a bad trick,” the assassin chuckled as she took the dagger out of her chest and threw it on the ground. “Didn’t even blow up the walls or anything, just me.”

“I’m a Slayer,” Rainbow scoffed, “I’d be pretty terrible at protecting Equestria if I destroyed big chunks of it during all my battles.”

“It doesn’t matter,” the assassin growled, staring daggers at Rainbow. “I didn’t come all this way to die at the hands of some goddamn Slayer!”

“Well then that knife that I left behind you is about to be bad news,” Rainbow smirked, and the assassin looked behind her for a fraction of a second, falling for Rainbow’s bluff, and Rainbow took advantage of that opening to toss another explosive dagger at the assassin’s stomach.

Rainbow couldn’t afford to hesitate; her opponent’s age didn’t matter, what mattered was that this kid was trying to kill Rainbow and her friends, and Rainbow couldn’t allow that to happen, no matter what.

Besides, it’d take more than one explosion to kill a dragon… right?

Turns out that didn’t matter either, cuz the kid swiped the dagger out of the air with her blade, jumping back as the weapon detonated harmlessly. But her dodge put her in an awkward position as Rainbow charged at her, keen to cut that hole in her stomach even bigger.

The kid took some initiative and lunged at Rainbow, spreading her wings and taking flight as she aimed to slash Rainbow across the face, but Rainbow was faster, and she dashed past the kid and threw another explosive dagger into the kid’s back, blowing her up and slamming her against the wall.

“Face it, kid.” Rainbow sighed, taking absolutely zero joy in beating up a child— assassin or not. “You can’t beat me in a fight like this. I’m just outta yer league.”

“You’re wrong,” the kid said coldly, turning her head and staring back at Rainbow with blood-red eyes. “I don’t need to fight fair. I’m a dragon, and I’m tired of trying to hide in the shadows! This time, I’ll—”

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you,” Twilight’s voice was like music to Rainbow’s ears. “You might think you’re tough compared to ponies, but against two other dragons you’ll be hopelessly outmatched.”

Fluttershy was standing behind Twilight, legs shaking but eyes laser-focused solely on the assassin, though Rainbow could see tears brimming in her eyes.

“Do you think I care?!” the kid spat. “Even if you two beat me, us fighting would blow your secret wide-open, Twilight Sparkle! And think of what would happen to this inn and everyone in it! Is that what you want?!”

“No,” Twilight reached out her hand and her horn glowed with raspberry magic, “but thankfully, there’s no need for it to come to that, because I’m going to defeat you right here and now.”

Twilight’s magic grabbed the kid by her neck and lifted her off the ground, and while her body began to glow with magic as she released her transformation spell, she was too late; Twilight’s horn flashed and the kid disappeared in a crack of magical energy.

“What happened to her?” Rainbow blinked and rubbed her eyes, not sure what she just saw.

“I sent her back to the dragon lands,” Twilight explained calmly. “It’s a spell that I worked to perfection for a long time, just in case anyone pursued me to Equestria. This isn’t the first time it’s come in handy.”

“I have a bad feeling,” Fluttershy sighed, “that it won’t be the last, either.”

“Fluttershy,” Twilight groaned and cricked her neck, “will you go see to Spike and Pinkie Pie? Tell them everything’s okay?”

“Sure,” Fluttershy nodded and retreated back up the stairs.

“Geez,” Rainbow collapsed and leaned her back against the door. “Who trains a child to fight like that? If that kid had been just a couple years older and had that extra experience, this could’ve gone way worse for all of us.”

“Children learning to fight isn’t that uncommon,” Twilight said, sliding down the wall until she was sitting right next to Rainbow. “Rarity told me she’d been training to become a Slayer since she could physically hold a sword. I imagine that girl we just ran into had some similar experiences.”

“Any idea why she’d wanna kill you specifically?” Rainbow asked.

“Honestly?” Twilight sighed and crossed her arms over her curled up legs, before burying her face in them. “I have no idea.”

Author's Note:

toot toot it's scoot

Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed!

PreviousChapters Next