• Published 31st Dec 2018
  • 3,951 Views, 1,221 Comments

Azure Edge - Leaf Blade



Rarity is a Slayer. Her life is devoted to hunting the bloodthirsty beasts and magical monsters that would threaten the sleepy winter homes of Equestria, but that doesn't mean she can't flirt with the cute librarian during her days off. [Omniship]

  • ...
22
 1,221
 3,951

PreviousChapters Next
166. Same Page

Pinkie’s legs dangled off the bench as she sat in the middle of the eerily deserted outdoor eating area just around the corner from Bitsburgh’s town square. With her legs completely busted from her battle with Trixie, there wasn’t much else her legs could do.

Applejack took a deep breath as she sat next to Pinkie, her busted arms still limp and a little shaky, but they weren’t bleeding anymore thanks to Big Mac’s healing goop.

It looked like things were mostly taken care of now; Twilight was headed to the forest to recuperate after pushing herself a little too hard, Big Mac was off to find Shining Armor and to tell Spike that everyone was okay, and Applejack and Pinkie were just gonna have to sit down for a spell until Twilight or Fluttershy could actually heal their wounds for real.

But at the very least, the worst of things was over now.

Hopefully, at least. Once word got out of not just a dragon in Bitsburgh, but two dragons, fighting each other, who knows what Celestia would do. But if Pinkie started worrying about that now, her head would explode. So, she just hoped that nopony saw Twilight’s part of the fight, and she focused on Applejack instead.

And to be fair, focusing on Applejack was pretty easy. Pinkie was in full ‘gay thoughts, head full’ mode, and she found herself sighing dreamily as she looked up at the pretty mare.

“You okay, hon?” Applejack smiled at Pinkie, whose heart practically melted. If Pinkie was thinking about Applejack in a lesbians way before, Applejack pulling off a dramatic rescue and saving Pinkie’s life was like… now she was in Ultra Lesbians with Applejack.

“I’m doing great,” Pinkie said, feeling the giggles bubble up in her stomach until she couldn’t hold them back anymore. “Thanks to you.”

“Aw shucks, hon,” Applejack scoffed, and her arm twitched like she meant to gesticulate with it, but that wasn’t happening with her injuries. “I didn’t do nothin’ special. Nothin’ anypony else couldn’t’ve done.”

“You’re so modest,” Pinkie laughed, and she couldn’t believe how gay she was feeling. “But you did rescue me, and you looked super cool doing it, so thank you.”

“Anytime, Pinkie,” Applejack leaned over and gave Pinkie Pie a kiss on the cheek, short-circuiting the poor pink pony’s brain instantly. “I love you, and I ain’t gonna let anything happen to ya.”

Pinkie’s brain was sparking and fizzing with gay feelings as she looked up at Applejack’s warm smile, and Pinkie swore she was gonna LITERALLY explode if she didn’t find an outlet for ‘em.

And y’know? She did almost just get killed by a dragon… so hey, maybe it was worth risking some embarrassment and swinging for the fences to try and reach out for what she wanted in life, just in case she didn’t get another chance.

“I love you too, Applejack,” Pinkie said softly, and Applejack nodded with a bright smile. “Like. I really love you.”

“Yeah, and I love you!” Applejack beamed. “We’re on the same page!”

“I’m really not sure that we are,” Pinkie mused, scratching her cheek. “I mean that I love you in the same way that I love Fluttershy.”



The gears in Applejack’s head clacked and klonked along slowly as she took in what Pinkie Pie was saying to her.

She loves me in the same way she loves Fluttershy?

That was weird, Applejack thought. Pinkie loved Fluttershy romantically, right? Or did she? Pinkie didn’t seem too sure herself when they were talking about romance earlier, but Applejack supposed it didn’t really matter. Fluttershy made Pinkie happy and vice versa, and that was great.

And now Pinkie was saying that Applejack made her happy, right? That was all this was?

But then Applejack thought about hugging Pinkie, and sleeping in the same bed with her all curled up next to Applejack, and then she thought about that image of Pinkie in a wedding dress from earlier and oh gawd Pinkie was saying she wants to be girlfriends with Applejack isn’t she.

Which was weird! Pinkie and Applejack had known each other for years and they weren’t intimate like that! Sure, they slept naked together, and they hugged, and they joked about getting married, and they loved each other, and Pinkie was incredibly cute and attractive, and yeah of course Applejack would love to give Pinkie’s soft lips a smooch, but they were just friends!

…

Wait Applejack was bein’ a real cob for brains huh.

“Pinkie Pie,” Applejack said weakly, the realization of what she had to say hitting her like a train, “I think we really are on the same page.”

“R-really?” Pinkie whimpered, and Applejack didn’t have the heart to look her in the eye but she forced herself to do just that regardless, and it was like she was looking at Pinkie in a whole new light.

Despite Pinkie’s fear and nervousness, she still had a shaky smile. Her hair was so curly and fluffy, and her fur was so soft and pink. Her eyes were so bright and blue, and her lips looked so soft and cute. She was so adorable, Applejack was at a total loss. She never even noticed before.

“Y-yeah, Pinkie,” Applejack coughed and looked away from Pinkie, her cheeks seared red. She swore if she looked at Pinkie for even two more seconds her head would explode like an active volcano. “I really, really, really, really, really, really like you. And, uh, if it ain’t too forward of me to ask, I’d like to umm… I’d like to uhhh… I would, um—”

Applejack took a deep breath and looked at Pinkie, who was staring with big ol’ saucer eyes as she waited desperately for Applejack to finish her thought.

“I wanna kiss you, if that’s okay with you!” Applejack blurted out, and her embarrassment was completely drowned out by Pinkie’s loud gasp.

“YES YES OF COURSE THAT’S OKAY WITH ME!” Pinkie squealed. “THAT’S THE MOST OKAYEST WITH ME THING EVER OF ALL TIME!!”

Applejack nodded, trying to look confident even while she was sweatin’ and blushin’ like a big dope. She leaned into Pinkie, who leaned up to her, but they still couldn’t quite reach each other; the size difference and the fact that both of ‘em were working with busted stems made getting into a comfortable smooching position difficult.

Applejack pulled back and took a deep breath. She needed to consider what was actually important here between kissing Pinkie right here and now, when she could always just do it a mite later, and possibly exacerbating her injured arms. That wouldn’t be good for anypony.

So naturally, she said to hell with her busted arms and scooped up Pinkie with them, holding her beloved pink pal in her arms and gently pressing their noses together, the soft giggling of Pinkie soothing Applejack enough to forget the pain in her arms.

Applejack pressed her lips up against Pinkie’s, and they were so soft and so warm. Pinkie smelled kinda like cotton candy, which wasn’t unusual for her but right now it smelled a lot sweeter than usual. Their kiss was over in a second, but Applejack’s lips still tingled even after, and when she looked into Pinkie’s sweet blue eyes, she felt like everything was right in her world.

“I love you so much, Applejack,” Pinkie said with a beaming smile.

Applejack sighed, pressing her snoot against Pinkie’s and holding Pinkie close to her.

“I love you too, hon. So, so much.”

Author's Note:

THE S.S. APPLEPIE IS READY TO SET SAIL!! ALL RISE FOR ITS MAIDEN VOYAGE!!!!

If you enjoyed this chapter, please let me know by leaving a comment! I absolutely adore reading them!
Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed!

PreviousChapters Next