• Published 25th Sep 2018
  • 11,412 Views, 2,116 Comments

Prank War! - Ashfur



A crafty human and two alicorn princesses get into shenanigans together.

  • ...
12
 2,116
 11,412

PreviousChapters Next
Metapranking

It was a rather slow day at Canterlot Castle, so Nick was lounging around the gardens eating a nice bowl of apple slices. Suddenly, he heard a snap, followed by several more, and decided to investigate. Soon enough, he found the only other being in Canterlot capable of that particular feat. "Hey Diz. What are you up to?"

The draconequus turned to face his good friend.
"Ah, Nick! I was just setting up a prank for some folks I know. I'm enchanting some words somewhere to do something hilarious!"

"I don't see words, or books getting changed. Are you long-range pranking Sparky again?"

Discord sighed. "No, I did that yesterday. To be honest, I'm not sure you could understand what I'm up to without a finer understanding of the multiverse and theories on alternate realities."

"So you're pranking an eldritch horror, then. Are you sure that's a good move?"

"Oh please, those guys adore a good joke! You just don'tknow them like I do. But I'm not after them this time. They'll know when it hits them.
How are you, Nick?"

The human shrugged. "A little down, honestly. I've been trying to plan another cake raid but Celly's always one step ahead! Just once, I'd like to pull a fast one on her. Any ideas?"

Discord put a talon to his chin, stroking his goatee for a moment before snapping his fingers and triumphantly declaring his answer. "Metapranking!"

"Meaning...?"

"Nick, dear boy, you need to be one step ahead of sunbutt being one step ahead of you! Next time you go after her cakes, actually make it an entirely different prank! Make going after those precious pastries an afterthought. She'll never know what hit her, and it will make her think you gave up on the prize, and she'll lower security!"

"That's... actually not a bad idea." The human thought for a moment before continuing. "Hey, what's up with you being so open and cooperative today, Diz? Normally you speak in crazy riddles, limericks and half-truths."

"That's the nature of chaos, my boy! Some days I'm more annoying than a rock stuck in your shoe, other days I'm more like a a paperclip who's far more willing to give obvious advice than you'd like. And everything in between!" He twirled in the air, corkscrewing around enthusiastically.

"Wait, did you just lowkey insult me?"

"Yes and no an no and yes. Anyhow, I better get going before my latest parnk victims come after me. Maybe I'llgo hide for a few pranks. Ta-ta, Nicky!" He held out his lion paw and Nick shook it. The two joy buzzers on each appendage met and cancelled each other out, making the pair laugh over the accidental failure. "Here, take this, Nick you'll need it." He handed Nick a grappling hook that he pulled from nowhere. And with that, the mishmash of animal parts proofed off to parts unkown.

"Heh. Well, I suppose I better get planning for the next big prank. I wonder if I can rope in Twilight.
Wait... that's genius! If I play my cards right, I can get that pony in on it! Celly won't know what hit her. But I'll need an excuse to go visit her. Oh well, I'll figure something out and-"

"Ape! What are you doing interrupting my daily walk through the gardens? I expect to not be interrupted, and I find your ugly visage in my path! Explain yourself!"

Nick turned to face a very irate Blueblood. "Uh... well, you see..." Nick shot the grappling hook at a nearby tower instead of continuing. But instead of carrying him off, the end of the chain disconnected from the firing mechanism, a piece of cloth on the end of it. Wrapping around Blueblood's flank, the chain quickly shortened, giving the prince the mother of all atomic wedgie as he dangled over the moat. It was clear that he'd end up soaked in moments if he tried to get free.

"Huh. Guess I did need this after all."

"This isn't over, ape! When I tell auntie Celestia, she will have your flank!"

"I think she'll sooner laugh hers off first, Blue!"
Nick wandered off, plans forming in his head. "Still, I wonder who Discord was pranking? It sure wasn't me."

Author's Note:

Discord is always up to some shenanigans. Don't trust him.

PreviousChapters Next