• Published 25th Sep 2018
  • 11,386 Views, 2,116 Comments

Prank War! - Ashfur



A crafty human and two alicorn princesses get into shenanigans together.

  • ...
12
 2,116
 11,386

PreviousChapters Next
Market Street Mad Dash

“Catch me if you can, girls! I'm no gingerbread man but I'm still faster than an eight-legged pony pair!”

“Get thine flank back here this instant, Nicholas!”

“Fat chance!”

Nick had the lead by a decent margin, but the two princesses hot on his heels were gaining fast. Granted, both had their rumps glued to a bench, but years of charging into battle allowed them to gallop in sync and gain ground. It also looked ridiculous, as they weren't moving at top speed due to the awkward moves they had to use to run while sticking their butts in the air to avoid dragging the bench along.

So naturally, Nick did the one thing he knew the princesses couldn't coordinate: he grabbed a light post and used it to make a u-turn, dashing past the shocked princesses as they tried to skid to a stop.

“Sister, we must turn around! Nicholas is getting away!”

“I'm trying, Luna! But you're trying to turn the other way!”

“Enough of this! Let us see if we can still do this…” With the grace not many ponies could manage, Luna leaped into the air and spread her wings out for one of her old combat tactics: the instant mid air u-turn. Unfortunately, while she had done it in full plate armor dozens if not hundreds of times on the battlefield, she had never done it with another pony glued to her. Having a weight throwing her off balance, she and Celestia flipped over, landing helplessly on their backs with the bench sticking up in the air.

“Sister! Why didst thou not flip with us? We taught thee how to do so decades before we were consumed by Nightmare Moon!”

“Luna, I haven't needed that move for over 600 years, I'm out of practice. And you didn't warn me!”

“Well, we suppose this will have to be done the more direct way.” Luna lit her horn, and in an instant the bench was reduced to splinters. “We are willing to play along with Nicholas's pranks for a little while, yes. But ‘tis always fun to, as they say, turn the tables?”

“Oh, certainly!”


Nick, meanwhile, was running down the street towards the center of the market, hoping to lose is bench-bound pursuers, when he felt the form of a small equine land on his back and grip his shoulders for an impromptu piggyback ride.

“Hello strange creature! Why are we running?”

“Gah! What the heck!?” Nick staggered to the left from the impact, but kept running. “I'm running away from the princesses! I might have pulled a prank on them, and they might be mad at me for it!”

“Oh, okay! Need any help? I know this city like the back of my hoof!”

“Sure! Know any shortcuts?”

“Take that alleyway to your right! We can hide there, then take the other alley to jump over to Second Avenue!”

Nick dove into the alley and not ten seconds later, two VERY pissed off alicorns scurried down the street, screaming for Nick to surrender or face a second swim in the moat. Nick and his impromptu passenger darted across the street and through the narrow passage to find himself hidden in the shadows of the buildings along Second Avenue. Nick stepped back and plucked the pony off his back.

“I've never seen a creature like you before. Are you that hyoo-man I hear about on occasion?”

“Yup,” he replied setting the pony down and ruffling his bright purple mane. “It's pronounced ‘human’, though. But don't worry about it, everypony messes it up from time to time, even the princesses used to.”

The pony nodded enthusiastically. “Well, I'm glad you aren't mad! I know a few creatures who get really fussy if you pronounce their species wrong.”

“Oh, yeah! I almost forgot, thanks for the save back there. I'm Nick. Who are you? And… while I'm at it, what's with the getup? I don't know many ponies who wear clothes.” Nick extended a hand in greeting.

The orange unicorn adjusted his lab coat and shook appendages with his new friend. “Nice to meetcha, Nick! I'm the royal alchemist, Arcane Catalyst! But you can call me Arca!”

Author's Note:

OH LAWD
HOLD ONTO YER BUTTS, EVERYONE!

And also a note from my wonderful editor:

WOO! THEY FINALLY MET!!

PreviousChapters Next