• Published 25th Sep 2018
  • 11,386 Views, 2,116 Comments

Prank War! - Ashfur



A crafty human and two alicorn princesses get into shenanigans together.

  • ...
12
 2,116
 11,386

PreviousChapters Next
Tell your friends or else

Canterlot was in a panic. Ponies were scrambling to give papers to anypony who wasn't holding one, and it was pandemonium. Even the princesses were shying away from anypony offering a paper to them directly. A few brave souls were taking papers from others... for the right price. Nick was walking through the market when one was shoved into his hands. "I'm so sorry, mister human!" The mare cried before running off.

Nick sighed. He didn't even need to look at the paper to know what it said, and it was a prime example of Twilight being way too gullible and bad planning on his part. He glances down at the paper. It read as follows:

'Warning! Or you will lose your magic, even if you only read the word Warning! A horrible curse has been placed upon this paper, that will cause the reader to lose all their natural magics in their sleep a week from now unless they act quickly! You must make two copies of this paper and give them to other ponies who have not yet taken one, or you lose your magic! If you do give away two copies, you will have good luck for a year. Beware! You must carry the paper with you as your good luck charm or lose your magic anyway!'

Nick let a sigh escape his lips. It had been a long few days, but soon it would be a month since this started, and ponies would begin to realize the hoax. He only prayed they never found out how it started.


"So ponies... er, people, just fall for this?" Twilight reviewed the paper and frowned. There was no way humans could be that stupid.

Nick shrugged. "People are superstitious, Sparky. Remember when you and the girls thought Zecora was gonna eat you? This is similar."

"Still, I highly doubt a... chain letter, as you call it, could prove this destructive. Regardless, no need to keep it out." Twilight rolled up the scroll Nick had written the 'cursed message' on, placing it on the table seperate from the other important scrolls she had laid out. "Rainbow or maybe some foals would fall for it, sure, but no other ponies. Come on, let's go get lunch before I head off on that monthlong trip to Marecico. I want to get a quesadilla to have a baseline for when I get there!"

"I could go for a taco, sure. Let's go, Sparky! And maybe you can bring me back something from your trip."

As the two left for a happy lunch together, Twilight called out. "Spike! I'm going to go out for that friendship summit, hold down the fort for me! There's some scrolls I need you to send to Celestia upstairs. I'll see you in a month!"

Spike entered the room in question and began sending the scrolls. As he turned to watch the train leave the station a few hours later, he noticed one seperate from the rest. "Huh, I must have missed one," he mused. And off it went.


Everything went wrong mere hours later. Celestia had found the scroll amid the ones from Twilight, and assumed it to be cursed with dark magic she couldn't detect. So she passed it off to two brave guards, who were willing to lose their magic so the sun could continue to rise, but then they chickened out and passed it on to their rivals. And their rivals didn't willingly take the 'curse', they flipped and got rid of it as soon as possible, then those ponies passed out to two more each... Before noon the next day it had reached local news, and was spreading rapidly. Nick tried to tell Celestia and the others it was a hoax, but all that got him was a response of "Nick, you don't understand magic, or the threat losing your magic poses. Leave it to the professionals."

So Nick waited, knowing that eventually somepony wouldn't be able to pass it off in time and they could all laugh it off. Discord certainly found it hilarious.

Still, there was one other hope, and it had just pulled into the train station. "Ahhh, it's good to be back in... WHAT HAPPENED TO PONYVILLE?!" Twilight cast her gaze over the pandemonium and found Nick walking towards her calmly. "Nick, what happened?"

"The ponies are being gullible as usual."

"What do you mean?" Before she could ask anything else, a blur flew by and stuffed a paper in her mouth. She took it out and read it, eyes widening in shock. "Nick..."

"I know, this is not my best moment..." he rubbed his hair abashedly.

"What are you talking about? We never showed that to anypony, this MUST have been sent by a malevolent force! I have to get to Canterlot and stop this before ponies lose their magic! ItwasgoodseeingyouNickgottagobye!" She flew off towards Canterlot like a rocket, leaving a small snow globe from her trip in Nick's hands. He idly shook it and watched the glitter fall.

"Sigh... I wonder if I should throw myself in the moat now and avoid the trouble later..."

Author's Note:

Warning! Read this story at your own risk, lest ye laugh so hard you run out of breath!

Annoying posts like that are something I used to see all the time on the internet. Clearly this would not go over well in ponyland.

Also, sorry I havent been posting but I've been on vacation and also got sick from some food :pinkiesick: but I'm better now!

PreviousChapters Next