• Published 25th Sep 2018
  • 11,392 Views, 2,116 Comments

Prank War! - Ashfur



A crafty human and two alicorn princesses get into shenanigans together.

  • ...
12
 2,116
 11,392

PreviousChapters Next
My Mane is Inigo Munchoya

“Celestia, you called for me? What's up?” Nick asked as he strode into one of the more secluded conference rooms of Canterlot Castle, coming face to muzzle with not only Celestia, but also Twilight Sparkle. Laid out on the table were two slices of very appetizing cake, adorned with decorations and frosting so delicious looking that it made Nick's mouth water just looking at it. “Whoa. That for me?”

Celestia smiled her usual motherly smile. “One is. And I'll even let you choose which slice you want. But since you've been so devious recently, I thought I might add an extra filling to the mix.” She levitated a vial into Nick's view, waiting for him to read it.

Arca's lava java nine alarm oh goddess no here it comes dragon breath hot sauce? Hoo boy. You know I don't do spicy too well. Let me guess, you spiked one of the slices with it?”

“Yes, my little human, I have added it to one of the cakes. Now, choose your fate.”

Nick let his gaze carefully wander over both slices, scanning for any irregularities or indications of tampering. He found none. For all intents and purposes, they were the exact same slices of cake. One in front of Celestia, and one in front of the chair he proceeded to sit in.

“Hmmm… so which one has the hot sauce? Naturally, the easiest form of this is to put it in the other person's food. But you told me about the fact one of these is spiked with hot sauce, so clearly it can't be that simple.”

“Well, anypony could tell you that,” Twilight chimed in.

“Shush, I'm thinking, Sparky. Now, if she expected me to think it was simple, Celly would have spiked her cake, expecting me to take it. But in a formal setting, she knows I would never steal her food, so she planned and held this in a private room where I could take her cake, fully expecting me to take hers, so I can't take hers since it might have the sauce!”

Twilight turned to her fellow princess. “Are all humans this loony?”

“If they are, it's a miracle they get anything done.”

“...but it's Tuesday! The cafeteria usually serves spicy foods on Tuesday, so it stands to reason that you have spiked the cake in front of me, having already eaten spicy food today, yet it also stands to reason that you spiked your cake, gambling on the fact that having spicy food already today made you more acclimated to the spicy flavor! Twilight, what were the chefs serving today?”

Twilight swayed in her seat alittle, eyes closed in thought. “I think it was hay and daisy sandwiches.”

“AHA!” Nick slammed his hand on the table dramatically, pointing his finger at Celestia. “You knew that I avoid lunch on Tuesdays, ordering special from the chefs, so you clearly had bland food today to prep for the potential of eating spicy food, which would mean you likely spiked your own cake… But you don't eat in the dining hall! So you clearly spiked my cake, thinking that I wouldn't remember that fact!”

Celestia giggled. It was a very formal and regal giggle, hiding her smile behind her wing. “It seems your memory is better than I expected, Nick.”

“Hey! You hid your smile! You're still hiding something! You hid a third slice around here, didn't you?”

“No, Nick. I promise these are the only slices of cake in the room. Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.” Celestia quickly repeated the motions of the Pinkie Promise.

“Then there's only one possible answer!” Nick lunged forward and grabbed the slice of cake in front of Celestia, shoveling it into his mouth. He chewed, chewed some more, and swallowed triumphantly. “Ha HA! I win, Celly! Now I get to watch so you eat the spiked caaaAAAAAAAAA!” Nick began screaming in pain as he stuck out his tongue and tried to scrape the taste off. When that failed, he grabbed the other slice of cake and stuffed that in his mouth. He seemed relieved.

“Mmmmmm… mmm? MmmmMMMAAARRRGGGH!” ...or not, as he spat the cake onto the floor and bolted out of the room, red faced and sweating, to find something to stop the burning pain his mouth.

“Wow, Celestia,” Twilight began. She didn't notice, but the solar alicorn’s mirthful expression saddened a bit as her former student refused to use informal names. “how did you know he'd take yours?”

“I didn't. Both had hot sauce. When you control an object so hot as the sun…” she paused to take a sip of hot sauce straight from the bottle. “...you can handle any amount of heat. Mmm, this one's a good batch, you should try some.”

Twilight shied away a little. “I think I'll pass. But you said you only spiked one with hot sauce! You lied!”

Celestia giggled, less refined this time. “Loopholes, my little princess. I only spiked one cake, mine to be precise, with this hot sauce. I spiked the other cake slice with this one,” she explained. “Remember, just because you have two identical objects does not mean they have to be called the same thing. I added a bit of human flair Nick told me about to make this other bottle a little different.” She then levitated a second bottle for Twilight to inspect. She read the label aloud.

Arca's lava java nine alarm oh goddess no here it comes dragon breath hot sauce… & Knuckles?”

Author's Note:

...you ate my cake.
Prepare to pie!

PreviousChapters Next