• Published 25th Sep 2018
  • 11,397 Views, 2,116 Comments

Prank War! - Ashfur



A crafty human and two alicorn princesses get into shenanigans together.

  • ...
12
 2,116
 11,397

PreviousChapters Next
Business as unusual

"Well, your order is finished, mister Nick, but I'm worried about this. What if the princesses get mad at me? What if they send the guards after me and shut down my shop?"

"Riiiiight. Not gonna happen, buddy. I even brought a special royal pardon for pranks Celestia pre-signed. All I have to do is write out what I'm up to and sign off on it. Then you won't face any legal action! Let me see here… 'Provided materials for annoying prank on Blueblood.' There we go, just hang onto this and they can't touch you."

The yellow unicorn shied away for a moment, but accepted the scroll regardless. "T-thanks."

"No problem, mister Light Heart! Alright, I'm gonna go bother blueblood with this."


Prince Blueblood, first of his name and the most perfect pony to ever walk the Earth (according to him, at least) was taking his daily walk through the garden when he came across a hastily built snack stand made of driftwood directly in his usual path.

"Lemonade! Get your ice cold lemonade here! Right here and nowhere else!" Nick called out to the empty garden, long since abandoned for the hour to avoid Blueblood's ire.

"APE!" Blueblood stormed up to the lemonade stand and Nick angrily. "What in the name of the sun and moon are you doing? Get your hobo shack out of my walkway!"

Nick grinned, seeming more like a used car salesman than a child selling drinks. "Ah, Bluey! No need to worry, I have all the paperwork right here to allow me to build this place. All approved by Celestia AND Luna." He pulled out a fast food napkin that read 'yeah u can do that nick' along with the royal seals of both princesses. Blueblood scowled as Nick put the paper away.

"Fine, if it will get you to move, I will purchase some of your wretched lemonade. And then you will move, you sub-equine."

"Oh, sorry. We're out of that."

"Are you serious, you wretched ape?! I debase myself to offer you the chance of selling your filth to me, and you are out? I want to speak to your manager!"

"Okie-dokie." Nick ducked down beneath the table, and up rose a likelike doll of Nicholas. It was nearly perfect, although it didn't move or change expression. "Hello there! I'm the manager. I hear you had a complaint about my employee?"

"Oh, great. I should have known this was another one if your gimmicks, ape!" Blueblood stamped a hoof on the ground angrily. "Stop this nonsense at once!"

"Oh, hey! Lemonade!" Blueblood spun around in shock as Nick meandered up behind him to the lemonade stand, the real Nick looking at the fake Nick as though nothing was wrong. "Hello there, my good man! Might I have some lemonade?

"Certainly! Here you are, on the house!" A cup of lemonade was pushed up through a hole in the wood just enough for Nick to take it, but not enough to see who was offering it. Nick took it and chugged the liquid while Blueblood glared at the fake Nick.

"This is preposterous! Show yourself, whoever you are!" He demanded angrily.

"Well, if you insist," Came what sounded like a bad impression of a certain chaotic entity. Sure enough, a near-perfect, life-size model of Discord popped up from behind the counter, and the fake Nick fell lifeless to the ground. "You ask for me, and so I appear!"

"Don't be ridiculous," Blueblood growled. "I command you to show yourself!"

"Geez, Celestia, your Discord impression needs work. There goes the rest of the prank," lamented Nick. "You might as well come out."

"Oh, I think the prank is going SWIMMINGLY, my dear boy." Discord, the actual Discord, rose from behind the table, with no Celestia in sight.

"Wait, WHAT?! Where is Celly, Discord! What are you doing here?"

"Filling in. It seems someone, and by someone I mean me, replaced all her cakes with crab cakes. So I generously decided to take her part in this prank for her! I didn't even tell her. Now, who wants a free sample of my lemonade?" He snapped his talons, vanishing in a puff of smoke, and a sound caused Blueblood and Nick to turn around. Rushing toward them at incredible speed was a flood of lemonade.

Nick glanced at Blueblood. "...I don't know how, but this is your fault."

Author's Note:

Thanks to Light Heart101 for all the ideas he's given me for this story, more suggestions than any other. He appears in this chapter. Want some lemonade, friend?

PreviousChapters Next