• Published 25th Sep 2018
  • 11,386 Views, 2,116 Comments

Prank War! - Ashfur



A crafty human and two alicorn princesses get into shenanigans together.

  • ...
12
 2,116
 11,386

PreviousChapters Next
Ponyvision

Nick woke up in his plush bed, stretching and yawning the stiffness in his joints away. It seemed he had slept in one position all night, leaving his body awkward to start up and get going.

Still, he persevered, fighting against the urge to stay under the warm covers and wiggled his way to the edge of the bed. His room was illuminated in the morning light, its immaculate walls, decor, and carpeting reminding him he lived like a king thanks to his friendship with two wonderful pony princesses. Then the sun shone right in his eyes, and he quickly finished rolling out of bed.

Only one problem, though. As soon as he hit the floor, he fell forward flat on his face, tasting the carpet.

“Ow! Okay, legs, very funny. Now can we please start the day?” Nick forced himself to all fours and groaned. “Stupid gravity. Alright, take two…” he grasped at the side of the bed, only for his grip to fail and his limb to slide off the bed. Groaning, he tried again, flinging his front legs onto the bed to steady himself on the bed.

He let go, steadying himself on two legs, only to fall backwards and land next to a light brown earth pony who happened to be laying on the floor. Then he realized it was his standing mirror.

“Oh, somepony is gonna pay for this, big time.”

“Dost thou truly think thou can do that whilst an earth pony, Nicholas? Or should we call thee Nickel Ingot for now?” Luna poked her head in the door and chuckled at the new pony. To Nick, she looked far taller than normal. “It will wear off in a little while, but for now thou look like such a cute stallion! Now catch us if thou can, we have the antidote to turn back early!” She waggled a vial of orange liquid in front of her using her magic, then trotted off slowly. “We won't even gallop!”

“Get back here, Luna! I'm gonna-oof!” Nick scrambled to his hooves, but fell flat on his face again as he was unaccustomed to having a quadrupedal stance, no hands, and hooves in place of said hands. So, he did the next best thing. He stuck his rump in the air, pedaled his back legs, and scooted out the door and down the hall after Luna.

“Aw, aren't you just adorable like that, Nick.” Hearing the voice of princess Celestia, Nick turned and scowled. Granted, the effect was lost as he glared up at the solar alicorn from the floor, but it was still there. “Luna! Honestly, this is NOT what I had in mind when we discussed this.”

Luna poked her head out from the end of the hall. “And what did thou intend, sister? Thou suggested we turn him into a pony for a little while, how else were we supposed to do that? No known transformation spells work on humans.”

As the sisters argued, their conversation seemed to get more and more distant. Then the walls started fading, then the floor…


Nick awoke with a start. He looked left and right, only to find Celestia and Luna at his bedside.

“Wha- you!” He pointed accusingly at Luna. “You messed with my dreams!”

“Calm down, Nick,” Celestia calmly explained. “This was not what I had intended, but Luna went ahead with it before I could clarify. Here, take this potion. It should calm your nerves, among other things.”

Nick took the cup and downed it in one swig. “Thanks, Celly. I prefer just showing you two human stuff in my dreams. Next time your sister suggests pranking in dreamland, tell her I vote neigh! Wait, WHAT?” He covered his mouth, noting it sounded a little higher pitched. “Oh, oh no…” Nick felt the fingers on his hands slowly fusing together as Luna stared in shock.

Celestia chortled. “Oh, yes, Nick. I do believe you'll look quite nice as one of my subjects for a day, especially since that potion actually gives you the muscle memory you need to act the part. I should really ask my royal alchemist for help more often. Luna, I believe you'll meet him when we go to the Rainbow Falls trade exchange this spring.”

“I'm gonna get you two for this.”

That earned Nick a laugh from Luna. “Not today, Nicholas! T'would be treason to attack us unless thou were the human Nicholas! Thou art a pony! Oh, this will be splendid. Prepare for revenge for all the times thou pet us without permission, colt!”

“Uh-oh.”

Author's Note:

DON'T PANIC THIS IS ONLY TEMPORARY

Nick will be back to normal within a chapter or two.

PreviousChapters Next