• Published 25th Sep 2018
  • 11,419 Views, 2,116 Comments

Prank War! - Ashfur



A crafty human and two alicorn princesses get into shenanigans together.

  • ...
12
 2,116
 11,419

PreviousChapters Next
Bad luck charm

Nick soaked in the poision joke water, the two sisters holding him in their magic so he couldn't even try to escape his fate. Relenting, Nick dunked his head under the water and shook off, admitting defeat.

"Fine, you win. But if this stuff gets me hurt, you're paying the hospital bill."

Luna chuckled. "For a chance to see the poision joke prankster receive due punishment? 'Tis a risk we are willing to take."

Celestia grinned. "Yes, and just to be doubly sure you don't sneak out of this, we had all of our poision joke antidote except one dose shipped to ponyville, so you will have to take the train in the morning. The one dose is of course, in case of an adverse reaction, and will only be used if such an event occurs. It's under more security than my cakes tongiht."

Nick slumped down in the raised hot tub, eye level with the royal sisters. "Rgh, fine... shouldn't it have kicked in by now? I'm all wrinkly from sitting in here too long."

Celestia pondered her answer. "It is strange... we put enough in there it should have had a near-instantaneous effect." As soon as she finished those words, the side of the hot tub collapsed, sending poision joke water everywhere and drenching those present. True to her word, it took effect immediately, the most notable change being the then-setting sun turning a lime green and the rising moon shifting to a blue hue. Other staff members around the castle spa began experiencing various effects as well, and Nick was left shivering from the sudden exposure to colder air. In the ensuing chaos of ponies freaking out, several clean towels landed on him, as well as a few bits.

"Wow, lucky me! Wait..." he mused. "Did the poision joke make me super lucky? That or it took everyone else's luck. Either way, I can't let this go to waste!"

Meanwhile, Celestia and Luna were arguing. "My moon is set to be up the rest of the night, so I should get the cure!"

Celestia responded to her sister, irritated. "And a green sun is how everypony wants to wake up tomorrow. Plus, I know the combination to the lock, you don't."

Nick decided to test his newfound luck a bit. "Is it 37-52-04?" He figured he had the right answer when Celestia's jaw dropped to the floor, ber eyes wide with shock, then anger.

"You stole it, didn't you?!"

He shrugged. "Nah, just a lucky guess. Although with your bad luck from getting doused in joke juice, I wish you two the best of luck in finding it!" And with that, he jumped out the window and landed in a soft bed of flowers below.


It had been an eventful night, for all parties involved. Nick had used his newfound ability to literally take the luck out of situations, putting most of the castle staff in the crossfire of his biggest pranking spree yet, even if it was accidental. The sisters, on the other hand, had personally flown to ponyville to retrieve the spare cures. The only issue was that there wouldn't be enough cure for the entire spa staff for another month, so time off and compensation would likely be in order. Still, there was one person who they needed to get cured as soon as possible, lest the elements of harmony decide Nick had become an accidental villain.

Racing back to Canterlot castle at top speed (and hitting several cloudbanks on the way), the sisters were greeted with a massive crater and a pile of bits ten feet tall where the courtyard used to be. And atop it all sat Nick, curled up in a ball and waiting for their return.

"Celestia! Luna! Be careful, this joke stuff was WAY too strong! I didn't mean to do... all this, I just wanted to prank the two of you for a while! Please, just give me the antidote so we can end this!"

Celestia and Luna managed to lift Nick in their magic for only a few moments before an errant flock of birds flew by, distracting them enough to break their hold, dropping Nick unharmed into the hedge maze, which proceeded to be ripped apart by a strong wind so Nick could simply walk out. Subsequent attempts yielded similar results, and with each failure the damage to the castle grounds only grew.

It took Twilight, who was leaving for Ponyville the next morning, to come up with the proper solution. Mixing all the antidote to create the cure bath in the one place Nick's luck always led him, the few was simply one thing left to do. Approaching their friend with their guard dropped, they gave their order.

"Nicholas Abernathy, this prank is over. We demand you enact your traditional punishment, the cure waits there."

His eyes widened, then he solemnly nodded. "Heh, figured I'd need to do it myself one of these days. Hey, no more poision joke after this, ok? I don't think the treasury can take it! But enough talk... CANNONBALL!"

And with that, Nick jumped into the cure-filled moat of his own volition, and the madness ended. From then on, Nick and the sisters regarded that night as 'The prank that went way too far.'

Author's Note:

Sometimes, being too lucky is pretty unlucky...

See you all next chapter!

PreviousChapters Next