• Published 25th Sep 2018
  • 11,392 Views, 2,116 Comments

Prank War! - Ashfur



A crafty human and two alicorn princesses get into shenanigans together.

  • ...
12
 2,116
 11,392

PreviousChapters Next
Muck and Cover

“Presenting her royal majesty, princess Celestia!”

Celestia strode out onto the balcony to address her loyal subjects. She always enjoyed these public speeches, they reminded her subjects that everything was going to be alright and that there was still somepony at the metaphorical wheel, protecting them.

“My loyal subjects, I am happy to announce that a bill has been passed to ensure that the streets of Canterlot are kept clean of any detritus. With the wonderful support of several charities devoted to the environment, Canterlot will be a much cleaner, more beautiful place!” She raised her hoof to signal she was finished, and the crowd stomped the ground in applause. “Let us look forward to a new era in keeping the city clean!”

As the crowd cheered, a huge glob of mud came soaring over the castle, striking Celestia directly on the head with a mighty splat! There was a palpable silence in the air as the crowd watched in horror. Who would dare do such a thing to their beloved ruler? Celestia wiped her eyes clean of the mud, and with her mane still sagging from the wet earth stuck to it, gave them their answer.

“NIIIIIIIIICK!”

“Good grief, woman!” The castle's resident human opened his room's window a few yards away from the balcony overlooking the courtyard she had chosen for this speech. He was still wearing his full-body pajamas and a nightcap adorned with a certain fashionista's cutie mark. “It's one in the afternoon! Can't a guy get some sleep on the weekend? I've been running myself ragged pranking you all week, and-”

SPLAT! Another dollop of mud came flying over the castle, this time hitting Nick and caking his outfit in mud. Somewhere, a mare fainted onto a conveniently placed couch. “HEY!” He shut the window, and his stomping could be heard as he descended the stairs and hallways to the balcony Celestia was on. Coming out to stand beside her, he grabbed Celestia by the head and stared straight into her eyes. “What's the big idea?! Rarity is gonna kill me for ruining this outfit!”

“Hey, don't blame me for this! I thought you did it! You're the one who asked Discord for that infinite range homing mortar that targets whoever you name with mud!”

“Well it couldn't have been me, either! Luna confiscated it last week!” There was a pause, and it seemed to click for both of them.

“LUNA!”

“Don't look at us, t'was not our fault this time!” Luna stepped into view from her tower's balcony, her own coat covered in grime. “We were just about to clean up, and then accost thee for ruining our coat!” Throwing her normal regal presence to the wind, she flew down to the balcony to join Nick and Celestia, an evil glint in her eye.

Nick realized what was about to happen two seconds too late. “Luna, no!”

Luna shook off like a dog, spraying flecks of mud all over Nick, Celestia, and the crowd below. Somewhere, the aforementioned fashionista screamed into a pillow as Nick's pajamas got even dirtier. “Take that, Nicholas, you scoundrel! Thou should never ruin thy princess's coat with such substances!”

“It wasn't me, though! You took my mud mortar! I thought it was you!”

“What?” Luna questioned with a shout. “Thy weapon vanished from storage yesterday, we thought thou had stolen it back!”

“Well if it wasn't you, and it wasn't Celly, then WHO HAS MY MORTAR?!”


“Hey there, my little snowflake! What ya got there? Did you get a new toy?”

“Daddy! Wook! Fwurry Hart is masser shef!”

Shining Armor trotted over to look at his daughter, who had acquired a chef had and was playing in the mud with some odd contraption. “Making mud pies, are we? Do you need any help, sweetheart?”

“Nop! Fwurry haz gud de… dewiveree… pie senning macheen! Wook!” Flurry scooped up a glob of mud, and loaded it into the mortar. “Senn dis to aunny Twiwite, pwease!”

Thoom! The mortar fired, dooming Twilight to a rather messy afternoon. Flurry loaded another salvo, still oblivious to what she was doing.

“Senn dat one too Unca Nik! He wikes pie!”

Thoom!

“Aw, you look like you're having fun. Can I order one from master chef Flurry Heart?”

“Yeh, daddy! Here! Senn did one to daddy Shin Armurr!”

Thoom!
Splat!

Author's Note:

Suggested by, shockingly, two people! Both Pederson28 and Light Heart 101 gave me ideas of an ultra-long-range cannon, although their ideas had Nick shooting paint instead of the flurry of mud you see here.

PreviousChapters Next