• Published 25th Sep 2018
  • 11,397 Views, 2,116 Comments

Prank War! - Ashfur



A crafty human and two alicorn princesses get into shenanigans together.

  • ...
12
 2,116
 11,397

PreviousChapters Next
Redecoration

Luna and Celestia tried not to giggle as a very irate, very pink, and VERY sparkly human stormed into the evening dining hall. Without even acknowledging the sisters, he took his seat and began eating his grilled chicken before finally glancing in their direction.

“Have thou any luck getting that color off of thee, fair Nicholas?” Luna asked mirthfully. “Tis been ages since we have laughed that hard at thou, or anypony. Why, the great bards and jesters of yore would weep to know they were outclassed by a biped and some paint!” The lunar alicorn fell over laughing as Nick gave her the best death glare he could manage, but being covered head to toe in pink glitter glue that just refused to come off didn't add much to the intimidation factor.

“Yeah, go ahead and laugh it up, Luna. I'll get you back for this, both of you. But I really hope you have a plan for fixing my room, Celly.” He paused to take a bite and chew for a moment. “I kinda need that place.”

Celestia grinned. “Oh, do not worry, Nick. I have hired some of the best interior decorators available to handle setting up a new room for you. I told them that you are a stallion of slightly different proportions than average, and they should take that into account when setting up. They should be done by now, actually. Here, I have the key right here. It's in the west hall, by the tower.” she levitated a key over to Nick in her magic, and the human happily accepted.

“Nice! Thanks Celly, I knew I could count on you. You're a great friend.” With that, he set off to find his new place to try and wash off his pink coloring.

“I bet 50 bits he'll be back in 5 minutes,” Luna wagered.

“Ten minutes. You're on.”

Twelve minutes later, Nick walked back through the dining hall. “Right. West is THAT way.” As he left, a fifty-bit coin silently transferred between rulers.

Celestia huffed after he left, tossing a second fifty-bit coin into the air and letting it clatter to the table. “Double or nothing, he takes an hour to even find the door.”

“Deal.”

“Honestly Luna, I think we overdid it this time. Whatever Nick retaliates with, I say we roll with it.”

“That… seems acceptable, Sister.”

Nick finally managed to reach the residential section of the west hall. Lucky for him, he noticed some worker ponies leaving a certain room. He silently thanked his good fortune that he didn't need to try every single door, and went to unlock it- and failed. He cursed under his breath as this clearly wasn't the right room, so he began his one at a time search for the right door.


“And do tell your family I said hello, miss Pie.”

“Alright. Goodbye, Princess," came the monotone reply. The gray earth mare made to exit the throne room, the last day court appointment for the day, when the doors swung wide and an irate sparkly biped stormed in, with a mop stuck to his head. “Nice color. You look like my sister.” Maud left without another word, her face devoid of expression.

“Ah, hello Nick. Is there a problem?”

“This key,” he held up his ‘room key’ for emphasis, “Lead to a BROOM CLOSET! And on top of that, when they all fell over on me, I found that somepony dipped the mop head in superglue. Aren't you proud of yourself.”

“Yes, yes I am. Here's your actual room key.”

Nick took the floating key indignantly. “Thank you!” he replied sarcastically as he stormed out.


“Sir Nick, we can accept asserting your authority to bypass our post, but this borders on extreme, sir.” One guard whimpered this in a hushed tone, and the others present agreed. They shut up when they saw their ruler open her eyes and wink at them before falling ‘asleep’ again.

Atop the bridge over the moat, Nick struggled to carry the sleeping Celestia from the Bathmobiletm to the edge. “Too bad,” he replied. “She sabotages my prank, glued a mop to my head, and arranges for my room to be filled with furniture made for a smaller-than-average pony? She earned this. She, rgh, is getting tossed in the moat, like it or not, and you all won't stop me.” Nick appeared to be putting in a herculean effort to hoist the oversized pony into a throwing position, and eventually he relented. “...And since I can't seem to lift her over the railing, there's only one way she's getting tossed in the moat. Together. GERONIMO!”

Author's Note:

Ah, the bathmobiletm. I missed it.

And thanks to my editor for catching my mistakes, I made Maud say something out of character at first.

PreviousChapters Next