• Published 25th Sep 2018
  • 11,386 Views, 2,116 Comments

Prank War! - Ashfur



A crafty human and two alicorn princesses get into shenanigans together.

  • ...
12
 2,116
 11,386

PreviousChapters Next
Nightmare Night...

Nick finished drawing the last of the cartoony hairs on his chin before looking over his costume. Sure, it was low-budget, but there were no specialty stores for humans, even for his basic clothing, so he had to improvise. At the very least, it had given him a chance to try growing a thin beard, but after some annoying shaving sessions with a straight razor he decided to just stick with body paint to do the job of imitating it.

Regardless, he was excited. Nightmare night meant spending time with his closest friends, giving everypony a good time at the big party, and of course, candy. Lots and lots of candy. In fact, he and the sisters had called a truce so they could work together on the festivities, promising to scare each other later in the month.

"Alright, that should do it. I still can't believe I got us all in a group costume, but why not? And it's been too long since I've seen the elements. Pity Rarity and Applejack couldn't make it, and spike stayed with Rarity. But oh well. I guess I better head down and help setup." Nick took one last look in the mirror. A bushy haircut, drawn-on goatee, a green t-shirt and red pants, and black shoes. Satisfied, he made his way to the banquet hall for the big celebration.

"Nick! I'm so glad you are letting me take part in your culture like this! I can't thank you enough!" Twilight pounced on Nick as soon as he set foot in the hall, and the human just barely caught the mare without falling backwards.

"Hey, Sparky. Glad to see your costume came out alright. Wait... are those glasses real? I thought you didn't need glasses!" He looked at the thick glasses allowing Twilight the gift of sight, noting that her orange turtleneck sweater matched nicely with her fur.

"Oh, I cast a spell on myself so I have really bad eyesight for the next twelve hours! That way the outfit is more authentic to the source material as you explained it, and when studying another culture it's important to" Nick tuned out the pony gone lecturer in his arms, and waved to the two princesses approaching him.

"Hey Celly. Luna. Looks like the party is finally ready to start. You said Pinkie set this all up herself? For only having three days to prepare, I kinda doubt that."

"Don't doubt me, Nicky!" A pink blur tackled him from behind, giving Nick an awkward but effective pony body armor. "I worked my tail off making sure everything was superspledidily-perfect! My parties deserve nothing less. Ooh, what's your costume? Becauseibetitsahumanthingandohmygoshibetyougoonlotsofadventuresandsaythingslikezoinksandcatchmonstersandstuff!"

Nick placed Twilight on the floor, before grabbing Pinkie off his back. "Calm, Pinkie. Calm. Where's your costume, anyway?" He held her in her arms and started rubbing her belly.

The still-vibrating pink mare started kicking a leg. "Oh, I'm going as myself! See?" She reached up and pulled down a hidden zipper, her face falling away like a mask to reveal another pinkie underneath. "They'll never know it's me!"

"Whatever. I give up."

"Probably a good idea, when the pink one is involved. Greetings, Pinkie." Luna adjusted her purple dress and pink leggings with her magic. "Pray tell, art thou ready for the festivities?"

Pinkie put her mask back on before saluting to the lunar princess. "You bet I am! But somepony took my outermost Pinkie costume. Now I only have this inner one to hide who I am!" She lamented. "Still, I hope you have a super-dooper-ultra good time at the party! I gotta go fix a few things. Ciao!" And she bounced off, humming some unknown tune.

Celestia tightened her orange ascot, smiling. "It seems everything is in order. And Pinkie is her usual self. Shall we get this celebration started?" She trotted up to the podium, and addressed her subjects. "Welcome, my little ponies, to the annual Nightmare Night holiday ball and masquerade party. I am honored to have you all here, and I am pleased to see so many diverse costumes prepared for the costume contest. Now, let's make this night something we can all remember."

The ponies cheered, but suddenly their cries were interrupted by a voice from the shadows. "You won't need to worry about that, princess, because this night is going to last forever! Muahahahaha!" Lightning flashed outside, and the form of Nightmare Moon stepped onto the stage, sending the entirety of the ballroom into a massive panic!

"IT'S NIGHTMARE MOON! RUN!" "PROTECT THE FOALS!" "WAIT FOR ME!" "MY LEG!" When the stampede had cleared, only the three princesses and Nick remained.

"Wait, was that Nightmare Moon?" Asked Nick. "I thought Sparky and the others beat her! And I thought she was, well, Luna."

"She should be. Which can only mean that it is an imposter." Celestia trotted back over to the group, ready for action. "We need to figure out who is scaring our little ponies, and why. It would seem... we have a mystery on our hooves."

Author's Note:

Yes we're doing this.
You can't stop me.
And I'm gonna need chase music.

Also this is gonna be a 3-parter. I took a bit longer than normal to upload because I was sick today.

PreviousChapters Next