• Published 25th Sep 2018
  • 11,386 Views, 2,116 Comments

Prank War! - Ashfur



A crafty human and two alicorn princesses get into shenanigans together.

  • ...
12
 2,116
 11,386

PreviousChapters Next
Splatstick

"Order up, your majesties!”

Short Order, one of the top chefs employed by the crown, placed two delicious-looking plates of noodles in a red sauce in front of Celestia and Luna. The aroma made their mouths water in anticipation.

“Geez, that looks good,” Nick commented, coming up behind them. “I suppose I ought to get some.”

“You really should, Nick.” Celestia took a dainty, princess like nibble of her meal. “It truly is an amazing dish.”

“Perhaps I will. But for now, enjoy your meals!” Nick grabbed both princesses by the back of the head and dunked their faces into the food. “Later, suckers!”


One dunk in the moat later and the royal sisters needed to clean up to make sure their coats didn't stain. Before long they were sitting back in the dining hall looking over a delicious pair of oatmeal bowls. Their mouths watered in anticipation.

“Geez, that looks good,” Nick commented from behind them. “I suppose I should get some.”

“Oh, no, not this time, Nicholas!” Luna charged her magic, her levitation spell locking both her and her sister's heads in the air so they could not be pushed down. “Come, we dare you to try to-”

Nick reached down, grabbed both bowls, and flung them at the princesses. With no time to react, both royal sisters found themselves dripping with warm, slightly soggy oatmeal. “Enjoy your meals, ladies! But for now, I'm outta here!”

“NICHOLAS!”


Another dunk in the moat later and ANOTHER clean-up session and Celestia and Luna were sitting back down at the table over two big stacks of pancakes, drizzled with sticky, delicious syrup. They looked around warily for their human friend, as neither had ever fallen for the same prank more than twice against each other, and they were not about to relinquish that record.

So, they ordered the plates glued to the tablecloth before they arrived. Now all they had to do was not have their faces over the plates and they could finally eat breakfast in peace! Celestia moved to take the first bite…

“Enjoy your meals!”

...as Nick, hidden underneath the table by the tablecloth, used the holes he had sawed out under the plates to lift the sticky breakfast directly into the nuzzles of the princesses. He scurried off towards the moat, not even trying to get away this time.

“Should we go after him, Luna?”

“We shall make sure his dreams are unpleasant tonight… but we still trust him enough to throw himself into the moat. Come, let us clean up… again.”


And so, the two sisters sat down for once more at the breakfast table. This time, a rather delicious looking breakfast of fresh applesauce was laid out in front of the two. The kitchen seemed to be making simpler meals, the sisters thought, knowing what fate was likely to befall their creations. Still, every cloud has a silver lining, and this time that lining was the sheer amount of preparation they had gone through to prevent another round of pranks.

The sisters had chosen a side table to eat at, hoping it had not been booby trapped. There was no tablecloth, either, so no crafty humans could hide under it, and guards were posted at every doorway forbidding access to Nick. Still, Celestia lifted up her bowl to check it as well, with Luna following suit.

“Aha! Look, Luna, there is a coiled spring on the underside of the bowl! He was planning to have them launch up into us. And it looks like there's writing, too.” Luna held the bowl directly above her head as well to look at the underside without spilling her applesauce. Written on the bottom of each bowl was written:

Enjoy your meal. -Nick

And the bottoms of the bowls fell out, drenching the rulers in applesauce.

“NICHOLAS ABERNATHY! THOU SHALT NOT GET US AGAIN WITH THINE SHENANIGANS ONCE MORE!”

“Go ahead and try, moonbutt!” Nick called from the moat outside.


This time no details were overlooked. The royal sisters dined in a secure room, on the floor, heavily guarded, and unfortunately the kitchen had to start working on lunch so their breakfast was leftover minestrone soup.

“Let us get this done quickly, sister,” Luna began. We do not wish to-”

“Geez, that looks good.”

Nick's voice echoed through the air vents leading to the room. Panicking, both princesses concluded that the safest place to be was where the bowls were at that moment, as they tended to move, and so shoved their faces directly into the soup. Nick could be heard again through the vents.

“Thanks again for making me some of the chicken we keep for the griffon ambassadors, Short Order. I wonder if Celestia and Luna are enjoying their meals.”

Realizing they had fooled themselves, the sisters groaned, and went to go grab some fresh apples from the pantry instead. Thankfully, that worked out for them.

Then they threw Nick in the moat for the fifth time that morning, a new record.

Author's Note:

I've been sitting on this one for a while, as I was unsure how the 'ultra short skits' chapter layout would do. But I did my best on it, so here you go!

Enjoy your meal chapter.

PreviousChapters Next