• Published 5th Mar 2018
  • 7,081 Views, 192 Comments

A Tale of Dusk - Giant_Neckbeard



An anthro take on the Rule 63 version of Twilight Sparkle, Dusk Shine, in an Equestria almost exactly as normal ... oh who am I kidding, it's a crack-verse with some serious social and political undertones. But this is mostly for the giggles, mates.

Comments ( 30 )

yea for update,
and pooor dash, you just had you whole world shaken,
i am kind of surprise the princess does not hint she would not mind if dusk got together with the girls in year time and have a foal or two for her to spoil,

9755790
I was more worried Celestia may do something to Fluttershy that drive Spine away as well. Still worried, she better not, otherwise she lose the element of Kindness and Spine and Dusk as well.

Glad to see you're still updating this story.

The glimpse into 'Internal Investigations' in Celestia's forces was quite... shall we say, interesting. :rainbowlaugh:

9755790
give her time, itll come up sooner or later

On a re-read i just realized that we aren't going to see Luna. I think we're going to see Artemis, which will explain a lot about Celestia's musings when she was considering that love letter chest.

Nice to see an update, but I hope we will see more plot progression soon.

If I were Chrysalis, I would seriously be thinking about divulging the truth about her past at this point.
Obviously not to the border guards, and obviously only after a lot of probing to determine how sympathetic the ponies in question would be ("Have you heard about creatures called changelings?", "Could you treat a changeling as a person rather than a monster?", "Would it matter if I was a changeling?", et cetera), but I would definitely be considering talking to the Justicars or Manager Mare, or maybe even Low Craft, about the hive.
Not necessarily the whole truth, maybe eliding the fact that she was born in the hive rather than conned into joining it, maybe fudging the facts and saying that she might be a pony-changeling hybrid rather than simply admitting to being a changeling; but definitely including the fact that she fears being caught and executed by her ex-hive (which I think is already well-established in the story) and that she is disgusted by its abduction and draining of ponies (ditto), which she thinks is needless and cruel (it certainly sounds like she thinks that).
It would allow her to get ahead of her lies and situate her deception in a sympathetic context ("I was scared that if I used my real identity, the hive could have tracked me down and killed me") rather than be confronted with the non-existence of Pearl Shiner later, and it could allow her to use her changeling abilities more freely, knowing that she doesn't have to hide the fact that she has them (at least from the authorities: I doubt that she would want the general public to know about them; but in an emergency, it would help to not need to worry about hiding her nature from the authorities).

Mm, hope Rainbow's suggested spanking fetish comes back up later.

9756213
Luna's still banished. We saw her earlier when Dusk unintentionally sent some soaked panties to the moon.

9755790
That just made me imagine how adorable it would be if the Celestia we’ve come to know behind the mask in canon was to want any children reared by Twilight to call her grandma.

9757215
i always thougth that was the case,

Looking forward to when Chrysalis reveals herself finally. She has the perfect people to do it to. And ones who could get her to Celestia.

9756818
Dusk: No, it-- Yes, panties... yes, that's exactly what I sent to the moon.
Celestia: :facehoof: And you did it because you couldn't remove them by hand?

EDIT:
9757911
That's exactly what I said, just with fewer words.

*reads description*

Wait, huh? So, this is a gender swapped universe (judging but Sunset Shimmer being giving a name that suggests a gender swap), but only specific ponies are gender swapped and Twilight was a mare already but is now turned into a stallion... in which case, why bother having her a mare to begin with and just have her be a stallion from the get go?

I am so confused

9762694
I was remembering this doctor's review of the scientific accuracy of House, MD (or simply House, but I assume there are multiple works called House even just on television, let alone Fimfiction, et cetera). He mentioned that Legionnaire's disease (wikipedia calls it Legionnaires' disease, but the spelling seems to depend on the country) is more difficult to catch from air conditioning than was commonly assumed, and that it is essentially limited to large building-integrated systems rather than the box units you put on your windowsill (I guess that perhaps the smaller ones use a different sort of condenser or something, I'm not an air conditioning expert).
Also, Legionnaires' disease may not have a vaccine, but it can be treated with antibiotics (and indeed was successfully treated in that House episode) and also mostly affects people in poor health (not to be overly political, but serving in the military often means sacrificing your health for your country), so I do not generally think of it as one of those super-killers. Something like naegleriasis, on the other hand... although now that I think of it I am glad that you didn't think of that because if Cadance caught that, I would probably insist on the entire house and garden being thoroughly sanitised because the reservoir of the pathogen is essentially "warm or hot water that hasn't been properly disinfected" and you can catch it by simply being in the same room when contaminated water is being sprayed or misted. Yikes.

9763193
Yeah, I kind of wanted to make a 'brick joke' and not go the direction of 'author abuse' in Cadence's direction. She's got enough to deal with, between her powers surging out of control and Celestia basically dangling the object of her affections like a silvervine treat in-front of a cat. At worst a deadly disease will give her a sniffle and make her feel under the weather.

And the Twilight house's garden has seen enough damage. Being subject to further mangling would just be cruel.

Well it sounds like somepony bout die today,

I stumbled across this story yesterday. So I read it. Then I read it again. It's good stuff.

You make pretty enthusiastic use of that Alternate Universe Tag, but I like that when it's done well. And it's done well here.

One of the things I especially like is how you turned the Cadence-Chrysalis paradigm on its head. Instead of Show!Chrysalis using her mind magic to reduce Shining Armor to her slave, your Cadence very nearly accomplished functionally the same thing through emotional abuse, instead of magic.

And yet, I can't help but feel a bit of sympathy for her, since her actions are born from changes imposed by the mantle of Love, which her previously mortal mind is struggling to adapt to. All the same, Celestia's narration a few chapters back calling it "infatuation" instead of Love was aptly done; Cadence's inability/unwillingness to recognize Shining Armor's needs and desires is disgustingly selfish, even if her lack of control isn't entirely her fault.

Meanwhile, you've set up Chrysalis as an excellent contrast, with her character being largely underpinned by her selflessness, and her PoV sections heavily feature her literally supernatural empathy. I mean, she's got her own flaws—maybe coexistence shouldn't involve deception and mind control, Chryssi. Even teeny tiny mind control—but she's just a perfect foil for this version of Cadence.

This isn't the only clever thing in your story, but I do think it's the one we have the clearest picture of. And the chapter I'm commenting on technically has Chrysalis in it.

Basically I like your words.

Pecker’s fucking monographed underwear

I only noticed it now, but unless someone wrote a paper about those underwear, I think you mean monogrammed. A monograph is a work of writing on a single subject. A fusion or conjoinment of the letters/runes/glyphs that form a person's initials is a monogram.

Also, as the other commenters have been saying, update please.

This better AUs. Good story, and looking forward to an update.

Predicting that Luna is a male, due to Celestia's carefully worded inner monologue...And Sombra is now Dracula. Don't think I've seen that done before. =)

Also, I'm enjoying your take on Chrysalis.

Comment posted by shadow wolf1573 deleted Apr 29th, 2020

So I just finished reading the whole story and I gotta say. I'm sad. I'm sad to see such a fun tale be left to the wind like many others on this site.

Now I want a Rainbow Dash POV, where she ruminate her thoughts about the Sisterhood and what Celestia told her.
Maybe even start to ask around other ponies about their thoughts and stands on the matter.

And since her personality tends to deny her the ability to admit her own faults readily, revisit it right before or during the Nmn act on their travel through Everfree forest.

... Being hugged by her father when she’d had a scary dream as a little filly and then being allowed to sleep between her parents, warm, safe and loved unconditionally in a cocoon of wings and feathers, the smell of her father’s favourite aftershave and her mother’s jasmine-scented shampoo filling her with feelings of safety and comfort.

Seems like she really treasure her father, but it seems like the teachings of the Sisterhood denotes them to not much more than pleasure slaves.
Thus if RD is okay with their message, how would she react to some mare (from the Sisterhood) sexually assault her father?

Chrysalis is gonna become Fluttershy’s pet.

please come back this is one of the best anthro stories in this site and one of my favorite stories thus far pplleeeeaaaaseee

I had found your story earlier this morning and read the whole thing in one go and I must say... Moar! MOar!MOAR! MORE OF THIS GLORIOUS DEBAUCHERY AND HILARITY!!!

Will you be continuing this or is it dead

cope with being exiled-

Excuse me, what? Why? How does that happen? If anything, becoming a stallion makes Twilight Sparkle even more valuable than ever (At least to RGRE standards.)

Going to read ch 1 to see if there's a valid reason for it.


PD: Just noticed the story is pretty much dead. Going to read it just to see if I was right or not, and then move on I guess.

Login or register to comment