• Published 23rd Dec 2017
  • 3,462 Views, 110 Comments

Bacon and Egghead - shortskirtsandexplosions



Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle go out on their first date.

  • ...
10
 110
 3,462

XII

...soon, the three girls made their way across the lot to Rainbow Dash's car.

All of this... reflected in the glossy blue eyes of Pinkie Pie... the same sapphires that had seen Applejack and Rainbow Dash returning from their walk... or Rarity's and Fluttershy's hands folded together.

"Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm..."

Pinkie Pie sniffled, leaning against a window frame inside the mostly-emptied Sugarcube Corner. She sighed, fogging the glass between herself and the three couples retiring for the night.

"Jee whizz..." She mewled, melancholic and melodic all the same. A pair of knuckles squished her pale pink cheeks together. "It sure must be super swell having a special somebody to spend chillytimes with..."

The bell above the front door jingled just then.

"Well then..."

"???" Pinkie spun around in a fuchsia blur.

A young man stood in the entrance, undoing his hood while gripping a guitar case. "...better stop relying on the heat so much."

"Duaaaaaaah!" Pinkie beamed explosively. "Why... Fluff-Stealer!!!"

"H-hey there, Pinks." Flash Sentry stepped in, shaking the frost out of his blue hair with a bashful expression. "Sorry I'm late. Boss wouldn't let me go...."

"I'll show you who's late!" Pinkie sprinted across the tile. "Wuh-oh—!" She suddenly locked in place, eyes derping as her clockwork body lurched spastically towards him in mechanical robot jerking motions. "Error! In! Loading! Flash! Page!"

"Goshdarnit, Pinkie!" Flash laughed, almost dropping his guitar case. "How many times do I have to tell you?! I'm not Newgrounds!"

"No!" She raspberried, then smiled. "But you sure help me break 'em!"

"Just hug me already—"

"Wakka-wakka-wakka!" She pounced on him, limbs ensnaring. "Mmmmm—!" She suddenly "chewed" on his exposed wrist. "Grrnnnngh—Get it?!" She lifted her face, smiling dumbly at him as she pointed at the fresh teeth marks. "Yellow! Like a Pac-Pellet!"

"Rrgh... yeah... uh huh..." Flash struggled to carry both her and the guitar case. "...ease up on the Gummy snacks, will ya?"

"Whoopsies!" Pinkie leapt clean off, landing straight like an apologetic chess figure. "Wuh oh! I awmost bwoke da Sentwiiie!"

"Hey, no pink, no gain." Flash shrugged, marching over towards a table. "Soooo... did I miss everything?"

"Yup!" Pinkie skipped over to the front door, locked it, and swiveled the dangling "Close" sign around. "Turns out we didn't need an emergency impromptu guitar solo anyways!"

"Awwww..." Flash sighed. "Guess it's my lot in life to be useless... even as backup."

"Pffft!" Pinkie bounced and bounced and bounced over to join him at a lone booth. "Not to me, you're not!"

"So... it went well, I take it?"

"Yup yup yupperoonies!" Pinkie nod-nod-nodded. "Operation Sci-Set-Sparkle-Shimmer..." She charaded two airplanes flying into one another. "Nyeeeeeeurrrhhh—BOOM! We done MKUltra'd them together!" She burped a bassline out the side of her mouth. "Lovealityyyyyyy!"

"Well... cool beans!" Flash opened his case and pulled his guitar out. "Then that just leaves you here to sample my latest song..."

"Pfffft..." Pinkie rolled her eyes. "Get with the program, Flash! You missed the oneshot by about a gazillion paragraphs—"

He smirked. "It's a song written by a person who's very near and dear to my heart." Chords lit the room, reverberating playfully. "Pinkamena Diane Pie."

"DUAAAAAAH!" Pinkie pivoted towards him at thirty sharp degrees, and all of them laced with smiles. "You wrote a melody to my lyrics?!"

"Maybe I did..." He upturned his nose. "...unless it's too late in the evening for some silly ballads."

Pinkie Pie frog-leapt up and squatted—THWUMP—directly in front of him on the table. "Serenaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaade meeeeeeeeee!"

"Uhhhh... sure thing...!" Flash cleared his throat, avoided looking at the area of her skirt, and began strumming more chords. "Mmmmmm... this one's called 'A Song of Icing and Fruit Snacks.'"

"Heeeeeeeee..." Pinkie cupped her chin on two hands, rocking back and forth with anticipation. "I can't wait! I can't wait! Move over, NSP!"

"And it goes a little something like th—" Suddenly Flash's body locked up as his eyes derped. "Uh! Oh!" He jerked in place with mechanical robot motions. "Error! Loading! M! P! 3! FILE!"

"Noooooooo!" Pinkie leaned forward and playfully "pummeled" his shoulder with little pink fists. "Refresh! Refresh! Refresh! You Dumb-Point-Oh jerk!"

"Hahahahaha!" Flash cracked up.

"Here..." She grabbed his hoodie's collar and leaned in, eyebrows wagging. "...let's upload a patch shall we?"

The two kissed on the lips.

As they teetered over—guitar and all—Pinkie randomly kicked her leg out, tilting an invisible camera upwards so that it panned tactfully to the stars.

Comments ( 22 )

Oh my god, a new SunLight skirtsfic! Christmas is coming early! :heart:

This was adorable as all hell. Great story.:twilightsmile:

My official comment: Super. Loved this.

My unofficial comment: if you make a sequel about Twilight and Sunset spending their tenth date trying to smuggle rocket fuel into Equestria, you know what you should call it?
Short skirts and explotions!

I regret nothing.

This entire story was disastrously adorable and I loved every second of it.
Your EqG characterizations are just so dayum cute it's unfair. :heart:

8626691
Dude, it's SSAE we're talking about here. That title pun is enough reason for him to write it :rainbowlaugh:

Absurdly cute with exceedingly awesome amounts of worlbuilding interwoven. A+, keep doing it, Merry Christmas to everyone :raritywink:

8626613
I'm reading this on Christmas so it's basically a Christmas present for me :twilightsmile:

I experienced multiple love overloads while reading this. Friggin' adorable.

"Error! In! Loading! Flash! Page!"

Goddammitskirts :rainbowlaugh:

"Here..." She grabbed his hoodie's collar and leaned in, eyebrows wagging. "...let's upload a patch shall we?"

The two kissed on the lips.

Pie kissin' mah sentry! :ajsmug:

My word, that was cute.

Did not see this shipping coming.

Adorable Sunlight from one of my favorite authors, along with a novel pairing as a capstone? What's not to like?

Thank you for this, Skirts. :twilightsmile:

All the ships.

My only regret is that I have but one like to give.

We've got an entire navy with all these ships!

I've enjoyed all your other SunLight, but the dialogue here just felt so distinctly out of character that I couldn't keep reading. :(

Bah. And of course the last chapter ruined the warm fluffs. Otherwise, this was way too damn cute.

How the heck did this sneak past me? Welp...

Hahaha. Not as unexplored a pairing as some of the commenters think: I recognise that medium-aware Pinkie style. This is the Flash who luurves frilly dresses, isn't it?

Anyway, that entertaining tangent in the final chapter aside, this was an incredibly sweet fic. Sunset normally has a lot more self-confidence than this (and normally makes a lot fewer references to pony/human differences), but I guess romantic nerves are in play. Pinkie was frustratingly true to her character with interrupting the romance at maximally awkward points. Not just in Equestria: that's how she acts at the end of Coinkydink World too. Those two lovebirds were impressively nervous at first... But at least they got a little time to talk about important things before getting so diverted by the awesome astronomical dialogue.

The Appledash was rather silly and a bit overdone, but that did make for a fine contrast to keep the tone of the fic light-hearted when the main date was going slowly. The Rarishy came as a bit of a surprise, somewhat out of nowhere, but not unwelcome or out-of-place.

Overall I'm definitely glad to have read this fic. And also I most definitely want to read the sequel where Sci-Twi smuggles rocket fuel into Equestria now. :D

She kicks the camera. Of course she kicks the camera.

I really hope Pinkie helps get Flash over his useless syndrome. Poor guy.

this ending kinda made no sense after Sunset and Twilight's date.

Oh my god if this isn't the cutest fucking thing I've ever read

Login or register to comment