• Published 19th Jun 2012
  • 5,306 Views, 552 Comments

Perfect On Paper - NintendoGal55



Rainbow Dash realizes the perfect pony for her is actually Fluttershy

  • ...
10
 552
 5,306

Epilogue

Dear Princess Celestia,

Today I learned the importance of listening to my heart instead of reasoning out my dilemmas, 'cause you never truly know where you might find love and it doesn't need to be halfway across Equestria for me to see that I've always loved the girl-next-door. And it is awesome.

I, too, learned that love isn't something to wait on or wait for. Patience is good, but if all you do is wait, the window of opportunity will only get smaller. And so, I know now that when you love your special somepony, you tell them so without fear, because you never know what you've been missing out on.

Your awesome and sweet subjects,
Rainbow Dash & Fluttershy

P.S. We know we're not royalty, but we kind of want to get married on top of the clouds above Canterlot one day! With your expressed permission, of course. Thanks!

With a smile, Princess Celestia gently set down the letter upon her desk as she read it over with amusement, “They seem to have learned a very valuable lesson of love.”

“We can say it's about time, sister,” Princess Luna agreed, “Yes... We can recall that one time we saw them together during dear Cadance's wedding. Even from where we stood, we could see that sweet Fluttershy gazed upon Rainbow Dash fondly. More so than as a friend.”

“I had noticed it, as well,” Celestia smiled as she turned to face her sister, “And as I think of it, they make a lovely couple.

“It seems that the old saying has never died,” Luna mused with a giggle, “That opposites attract.

“Opposite as they may be, it only serves to add and yet surpass the connection they hold.”


And finally, everything worked out just fine.

Needless to say, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy still were together. Much time had passed, and they were still very much in love. It had been amazing for them, to have once been fillyhood best friends, and today, more than friends. As their lives went on, with Rainbow Dash and her weather duties, Fluttershy taking care of the animals of the wild or pets, their togetherness as lovers was now included. They spent whatever time they could together, when they weren't busy. Of course, they made sure to include the rest of their friends, as group activities still continued as normal. It didn't change the dynamic of the six, it was only just that Rainbow and Fluttershy happened to be in a romantic relationship.

During group gatherings, it of course didn't stop them from snuggling, nuzzling, Rainbow draping her wing over Fluttershy's back, stealing/sneaking kisses...

While in public, they weren't exactly full of PDA, but Fluttershy eventually grew more comfortable with simple nuzzles, walking close together or cheek kisses. But alone, well, needless to say, that was when they held nothing back.

What happened to Blazing Comet?

Eventually, her aunt recovered and was ready to go back to work, Star returned to the care of her parents in Cloudsdale, to which the family had since then grown so much closer together. Comet herself eventually moved to Manehattan when she took up a job of being a personal trainer at one of the big physical fitness centres. About six months after moving there, she and Moon Dancer not only rekindled their friendship, but were soon dating. It had turned out that Moon Dancer fell in love with her a long time ago, but hadn't been certain of her feelings, especially since she had dated somepony else. Now, with room to think, as they became close friends again, Moon Dancer not only realized her feelings, but just fell all the more in love with her.

Rainbow Dash and Blazing Comet were still friends, keeping in touch with letters. They sometimes saw one another when Comet would come to town to visit her aunt or commute to Cloudsdale. Any awkwardness had long faded away as the two exes had moved on with their lives. Comet was happy for Rainbow and Fluttershy, wishing them all the best. There were absolutely no regrets between them.

Things went along quite well. Who knew what the future would have in store?

In all, Rainbow learned a very valuable lesson about love. Within that very lesson, came to find the true mare of her dreams. Her best friend, her fillyhood companion, the one she could always count on, Fluttershy.

THE END


Thanks to NobleColors for the hilarious letter. XD And thank you to all of you for reading this. :D

Comments ( 28 )

I remembered that letter :pinkiehappy: it's wonderful to see included in it like this.

At the end it made me tear up. We have just come to the end of one of the best Flutterdash stories I've ever read. Simply put, this should be featured. Really really, yes.

I'm sad to see this end but I remember being onboard since about chapter 4 and its been a great ride... So many great updates you had along the trip and seeing it finished in such a cinematic fashion is just wonderful.

The whole chapter made me think of one of those classic movies where they have the epilogue that shows you where everyone has moved on to in their lives. And using 'THE END' just sealed the deal cause thats how they did it in the movies :moustache:

I look foward to seeing more Flutterdash from you in the future. Good luck. :yay::heart::rainbowwild:

The sweet ending to the wonderful story! :yay::heart::rainbowkiss:

The Era of Perfect On Paper has come to an end. That was a great time! :pinkiehappy:
But we have your other stories that are in-progress or to-be-written-in-the-future.
So, The Era of NintendoGal55's Great Stories continues! :raritystarry:

Thank you so much for writing such stories! Keep up your amazing work! :twilightsmile:

Well this story was one of my most favorite I have ever read! And all good things must come to an end, but a better one approaches. Can't wait to read you're next story! ^.^

Goodnight everybody, and have a wonderful day!:pinkiehappy:

You could get some serious coin if you sold your stories =\
Great work once again, may you bless us with your wonderful writing in the future.
And as always...
dl.dropbox.com/u/31471793/FiMFiction/Fluttershy_lolface.png :heart:dl.dropbox.com/u/31471793/FiMFiction/Rainbow_Dash_lolface.png FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Wolf

And so it ends. The end of an era, a majestic story. This was a very sweet and satisfying ending. I appreciate your writing and I foresee great things ahead..... :pinkiehappy: Great job on this story! Not just great, it was AMAZING! :pinkiehappy: I look forward to your other and future stories. :pinkiesmile:

This story deserves a theme......... I KNOW!

As always, remember to stay :pinkiehappy:GREAT!:pinkiehappy:

A great ending to one of the best stories I've read on this site. :twilightsmile: This story was absolutely beautiful, and while I'm sad to see it end, I know that all good things come to an end at some point, and if they don't they tend to drag on and become not good(I'm looking at you Spongebob!). But anyways, I already expressed how much I loved this story back when I started reading it in July or August so I won't say any more on the matter. However, I'm sure I have a gif around here somewhere that can adequately explain my feelings... Ah, this should do:

i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee437/PortalFTW/GIFs/RAINBOWS.gif

As always,
:yay::heart::rainbowkiss: Five-ever!

:applecry::pinkiesad2::raritycry::fluttercry: It's over people. It's over. As sad as I am that the time has passed, I am still so overjoyed that I was a part of it. Thank you and as always :yay::heart::rainbowkiss: FTW!

As sad it is to know that the story is over, for now, it was an awesome end to an awesome story. I can't wait to read about their first date. :yay:

1396906 :pinkiehappy: Awesome! You caught the reference! That's exactly where it comes from! :rainbowlaugh:

What can i say?
This is awesome :rainbowkiss:
Amazing story keeep up the good work :pinkiehappy:
cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24629577.jpg

I loved it! it was a great ride!:fluttercry:

holy GOOOOOD this story was long XD

Normally with long stories, I break them up over the course of a few days... but not with this one! I just HAD to get through it all in one setting. Sure it took 7 and a half hours give or take, but it was worth it! Such a great story!! :yay:

Wow... what an epic story. It's one thing if Rainbow's ex was just a jerk and all that but instead she was a pretty decent pony with no dirt on her. I guess that served to make it even harder for Fluttershy to win her over but she sure did eventually. :yay: So many emotions were played with during this epic story :fluttershysad:

The theme of "best friends falling in love" will always be my favorite

This is indeed the best Flutterdash of the bunch that I have read on this site, and I have read many of them. I applaud you, and am saddened that this story had to end. But the ending was just so good and everything was resolved, so I felt satisfied by the ending.

Overall, this is my new favorite Flutterdash!

so sad it's over, but it was totally worth reading anyways :pinkiehappy:

I plan to start reading this story soon, but after reading Heated (at least until you finish if) I was basically a broken soul for the entire day. That's how much your writing touched me and affected me.

And I just can't bear to have my emotions played with so soon afterwards by a small novel that, while ending happily, is sure to have many moments of great sadness and suffering. I need some time. You are a beautiful soul with an amazing...amazing talent for writing about my favourite couple.

3144833 Yeah... Just an old tick o mine :p It was worse in speech, if thats possible, but i have gotten better, i swear o.O

3277166
Man, dude. You're a little late for this train. This was actually the first fic I read and got the question stuck in my head. After a while of reading, I've decided to say "Fuck logic, it's Ponys!" :rainbowwild:

Boy, this story was long-winded.

I really don't have much else to say. It certainly wasn't the longest story I've ever read on here, but it felt like it. You crafted a nice tale (like all of your works) but I think to drew it out too much. But it's nearly a year and a half old now, can't hold it against you now.

I first started reading this back when it was first being posted. Then it kind of leaked out of my brain until I started this project oof cleaning out my "To Read" list. All in all, I think it's great. The romance is handled well, and I'm glad you resolved the love triangle without making Comet a bad guy. Kudos.

After (yet another) re-read, I have made a few decisions about this story:
1: Still amazing, but with little errors here and there.
2: A sequel/oneshot is overdue
3: Heated NEEDS to come back! The original I Loved, so can we see the new?
~Wywint

rainbow-maned daredevil won't realize that the perfect pony for her was right in front of her all along

I'll be honest: this story portrayed a strong message. Someone who seems perfect when you and them share many things with you doesn't necessary work out when you think deeper. However, your execution of the story fell off.

Your grammar was good and I don't spot mistakes often enough to make it a problem for me to read, but the flow of the story felt absolutely weird sometimes, especially the repeating scenario of Fluttershy seeing BC and RD together, it seems like its just to highlight her bad luck and plays no significance as it repeats. I get it, you want to show how Flutters feel when she sees her love with someone else, but it gets annoying when its just the same thing until RD finally realizes it. Also, that trip was absolutely unnecessary. RD made up with Flutters and there was no need to fly that far to clear her mind. She'd learnt all her lessons with BC and there is no need to do it with that pointless detour.

Overall, this is a good story with nice pacing and generally well grammar, with a good idea behind the plot, but the execution was a little off, especially it just feels like the author has no idea how to fill in the empty spaces between the drama. I would not call it a Romance/Sad, it would be a Romance/Drama, because the sadness just wasn't felt. So, I won't be downvoting or upvoting this time. Keep writing though, you have good inspiration! :twilightsmile:

This is one of the best fanfiction, about Flutterdash and other ponies. I spent 6 hours reading, and I think it's not for nothing, besides, it's nice to read such fan fiction that brings variety to the story. For 10 years of the existence of this fan fiction, it will still remain the best. Thank you for writing this story!

By the way, I noticed an interesting fact that Rainbow Dash showed sympathy for Fluttershy from the very beginning, feeling loved, important to her (I noticed this when reading the fan fiction again)

This story is already 10 years old, and I'm still interested in reading it, in any case, I'm glad that such works with fan fiction as this one will remain as long as possible than 10 years. Peace to everypony!

Login or register to comment