• Published 19th Jun 2012
  • 5,306 Views, 552 Comments

Perfect On Paper - NintendoGal55



Rainbow Dash realizes the perfect pony for her is actually Fluttershy

  • ...
10
 552
 5,306

Sleep Approaching

For some time, both Pegasi lay in Fluttershy's bed together. They snuggled, spoke to one another, even shared little kisses. While they weren't quite ready to fall asleep just yet, despite how spent they felt, it was merely because they wanted to relax together. In the dark bedroom, with the little lamp on, the rain pattering on the window, and the occasional trill or squeak of an animal from downstairs, it was peaceful.

Rainbow sighed in content, taking in Fluttershy's wonderful scent, gently coursing a hoof through her soft mane, and even occasionally feeling along the silk nightgown. It was wonderful to feel, especially since Fluttershy was wearing it. All the more, she knew, this was where she wanted to be. Snuggled up with Fluttershy every night, then waking up next to her in the mornings. Her grin grew once more at the thought.

“Rainbow?” Fluttershy's soft whisper broke the silence.

Stroking her mane still, Rainbow nuzzled her a bit. “Yeah?”

“Um...well, you were honest with me about...how you felt you weren't good enough for me...which I have to say is not true. But um, you know...I always felt the same, that I wasn't good enough for you.”

This admittance shocked Rainbow Dash to the core. Did she really make Fluttershy feel that way, before and even after she started dating Blazing Comet? Did Fluttershy really feel that hopeless, that she would never be good enough for her?

Heart breaking, guilt eating at her gut, Rainbow shook her head and then held Fluttershy to her tightly.

“You really thought that?”

Fluttershy sniffled, cuddling into her more. “Y-Yes... I was certain I could never be good enough for you. You're just everything I'm not. All this time I was never as strong a flier or pony like you. You deserved somepony who could keep up with you, challenge you, who was as fast and daring like you. I could never-”

“Stop it,” the cyan Pegasus cut her off sternly and shook her head. “Don't talk like that, Fluttershy!”

“But I-”

“And I'm serious. If I ever made you feel like you weren't good enough for me, then believe me, I'm going to kick myself for that later on! That's just not true, not at all! If anything, I'm the one who isn't good enough for YOU!” Rainbow softened then, looking into Fluttershy's eyes as she stroked her cheek and mane with her hooves, “Fluttershy, I love you. You are good enough for me. Because you're you. I don't need you to be fast or daring or super awesome like me. Maybe once I thought that was ideal in a special somepony for me, but you know, kinda like when I wanted a pet, I know how short-sighted and shallow that is. I did all of this to be with you. If you weren't good enough for me, I wouldn't have done all of that if I didn't love you and want to be with you!”

There was silence, but the shocked look on Fluttershy's face said everything. Eventually, tears pooled in her eyes, which worried her for a moment. But when a smile spread on her lips, it was all she needed for reassurance. She was crying because she was so happy! Having to express herself like this still felt odd to her, but given everything that had happened and was happening right now, it was almost too much not to do that.

“Oh, Rainbow...” Fluttershy's voice cracked as she rolled on top of her, holding to her tightly. “Rainbow Dash...I love you!”

A big grin spread across the daredevil's features as she reached up to hold the beautiful pony atop her. “And I love you too, Fluttershy!”

This time Fluttershy initiated a passionate kiss, to which Rainbow immediately returned. Making herself more comfortable on top of her, the timid pony ran her hooves through her mane and moaned softly in time to their heated kisses. A surge of warmth and comfort coursed through Rainbow at the sweet feel of the silky nightgown over her coat, especially with Fluttershy clad in it.

Their tongues danced, exploring the familiar territory of each other's mouths. More soft moans escaped Fluttershy, which was all the more intoxicating to Rainbow's senses. All of which now combined with her sweet scent, her soft mane and body, the sweet taste of her lips, tongue and mouth, it was all too perfect. Heavenly, even.

Some minutes passed, though it felt like hours at the same time, as the two ponies made out on Fluttershy's bed. Their tails swished about, before intertwining together, as if becoming one whole curled up tail with a splash of pink thrown in to join the rest of the colours of the rainbow. The only sounds heard were their moans, sighs, gasps, giggles, and the light smooches of their lips.

'Yep! No doubt about it, Fluttershy's perfect for me! Okay, so nopony's perfect...except me, of course...but she's definitely the one for me! I'm sure of it, I just know it! This is where I want to be. Right here, with my love. Could this possibly get any more awe-WHOA!'

Rainbow's eyes shot open with shock when she felt Fluttershy's hooves actually run lower, past her flank. As well as that, glancing down confirmed her suspicions and the fact that her silk nightgown had risen up past her own flank as well. Her wings were also flaring, straight up and stiff, obviously indicating that she was aroused.

“F-Fluttershy, what are you-”

Eyes wide with shame, tears pooling in them, Fluttershy sat up and hopped off her bed, landing on the floor. Her wings managed to recede, if only slightly, as she buried her face in her hooves and began to cry.

“I-I-I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! Oh Rainbow, I'm sorry!”

Stricken, Rainbow didn't think twice before she slowly but quickly climbed off the bed (once she regained herself and her own wings), going over to her marefriend. Now she really understood what was going on, but what scared her more was how upset Fluttershy seemed to be over this.

“Fluttershy, hey, don't worry,” Rainbow soothed, kissing her cheek. She brought her foreleg around her, holding her close.

Sniffling, Fluttershy shook her head. “Rainbow, I tried to...I tried to...I'm sorry! I gave in to my desires for you and I...oh, my darling...I'm so sorry... If you don't want to stay here with me tonight, I'll understand. I just-”

“Fluttershy! Cool it!” Rainbow near-shouted, but softened when the timid Pegasus quieted down. “It's okay. I know what you were trying to do, and believe me, it's not as if I don't want to,” she looked away as a beet-read blush coursed over her cheeks.

“....You...you mean that?” Fluttershy looked at her with wide, teary eyes as she finally lowered her hooves from her face.

Nodding, Rainbow brushed away her tears and kissed her on the forehead, “Well of course I mean it! I want you, Fluttershy, I really do. But I'm just not ready yet, and I don't know about you, but I think you're not quite ready either. Besides, cliche as this is gonna sound, I think you deserve better. Not that your room isn't an ideal location! But we'd better save it for a special night! A night that will really have us remember it and I'll take you on an awesome ride! So what do you say?”

“...Okay...” Fluttershy nodded. “I'm so sorry...I was just...carried away with what you said and I...well I...I'm sorry... I don't...I don't just want you for your body, my love...I promise...”

Chuckling, the cyan mare smiled and kissed her nose, “Of course I know that. I knew that all along! And well, not to say your body doesn't get my attention...” She looked her over once and grinned. “But it's nothing compared to that awesome heart of yours.”

Smiling with gratitude, her eyes still teary, Fluttershy hugged her again. Rainbow reciprocated, holding her close and rubbing her back gently.

“And that garbage about me not wanting to stay with you tonight? Of course I do! There's nowhere I want to be right now, except right by your side. So, if you'll still have me, I'll stay right here with you!”

Nodding against her shoulder, Fluttershy whispered in response, “Of course I do, Rainbow. I'd love it if you stayed with me tonight.”

Rainbow grinned, relieved that Fluttershy was feeling better about this. So was she, glad to know that they could manage past even a little bump in the road like this. Yes, a part of her did somewhat question as to what could've happened if she didn't stop her, curious about what it all would entail. But she knew that the better idea would certainly be to wait until they were both truly and completely ready.

...Maybe with a couple of hot teases thrown in...

Kissing her beloved's forehead once more, Rainbow then brought them back to bed, where they lay together once more. This time they were quiet, listening to the rain going on outside, cuddling, and sharing little kisses. Overall, they were simply just content to be laying here together like this, after having been apart for quite some time now.

“Rainbow?”

“Yes?”

“Will you...stay here tomorrow, as well? Even for just a while?”

“Awww...can't get enough of me already, can you?” Rainbow teased, kissing her nose.

Fluttershy giggled, nuzzling her. “I'm sorry...I just want you to all to myself for a bit.”

Laughing, Rainbow snuggled her more and grinned. “Well I did say I wanted you all to myself for a while too, didn't I? Offer's still open.”

“Oh, Dashie... Why don't we spend the day together, and see how we're feeling as it goes along? We'll play it by ear,” Fluttershy whispered softly. “Does that sound good?”

“Sounds good to me! And hey, you know, I sure missed that nickname,” Rainbow admitted, chuckling. “Especially from you.”

“Awww...I'll call you that as often as you like, my Dashie...”

The cyan Pegasus laughed heartily before kissing her marefriend gently, but with passion. Pulling back, she lay their foreheads together once more, stroking her mane.

“I'll think of one for you, sweetheart.”

“Awww...you don't have to.”

“Of course I do! I can't work with Fluttershy.... Flutters, Flutter... 'Shy? Not bad, but not quite it. I'll think of something!”

“Okay, then...” Fluttershy kissed her this time, lingering a little longer. “Rainbow?”

“Yeah?” Rainbow looked into her eyes.

“...Am I dreaming?”

“Hee! I sure hope not! But then again, I might be dreaming the same thing!”

“I don't want to wake up...I want to stay with you!”

Smiling in assurance, the rainbow-maned pony kissed her nose, mouth, cheeks, and then forehead. “You're not dreaming, Fluttershy. I really am right here with you, holding you and kissing you! And I know you're right here with me, too. Don't worry, I'm here now, and I'm not leaving anytime soon. Okay?”

“Oh...Dashie...” Fluttershy cooed sweetly, offering her a kiss back, then another, and another. “I love you. I can't tell you how overjoyed I am that you're finally home, finally here. I missed you.”

“I missed you too, pal.”

“You're...not leaving again, are you?”

The question struck Rainbow's mind for a minute, as she then realized a whole new other side to this. Something she had barely thought of in months. Especially in the past two weeks. The Wonderbolts. Her dream to join them someday.

But now, she had a whole new something in her heart. Fluttershy, the true mare of her dreams. Joining the Wonderbolts meant leaving Ponyville for a while, leaving her and her friends behind. Not for forever, there were vacation periods and they didn't perform during winter. But then again, it did worry her a little.

“...The Wonderbolts...” Fluttershy then said, as if realizing it herself. She suddenly was holding to her tighter, whimpering.

Swallowing, but understanding, Rainbow Dash held her closer and felt her heart sink. “Fluttershy...shh. Don't. Let's not think about that now. Right now, I just want to stay here, in town, with you guys, and with you. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. Okay? Don't worry. ....The Wonderbolts can wait. Right now, you're my top priority.”

Fluttershy looked up at her, tears in her eyes, lips quivering. She was clearly still worried, knowing that it was an inevitable possibility of the future. Smiling in assurance, Rainbow kissed her, deeply, and held her tight. This went on for about five minutes or so, where she just kissed her with kiss after kiss, letting nothing in between them.

“I mean it,” Rainbow whispered upon pulling away. She didn't even care that she was getting sappy and even romantic. It didn't matter. She knew that Fluttershy needed to hear this. “I love you...more than I love my dream. Even if I do join them, I am coming back to you. I'm not going to leave you guys behind forever. Never! I love you, Fluttershy, dear sweet Celestia I love you. The last thing I'd ever do is hurt you on purpose. No. Nothing is going to take me away for good. Not even the Wonderbolts! Even if I have to choose between you two, I'm choosing you. Hooves down. I'm not letting you go, ever! Sure I'm Rainbow Dash and maybe I am who I am, but I know how I feel and I'm not some wild party animal trying not to be caged or committed to one pony.

“I want YOU. You, Fluttershy. Like I said, I did all that I did to be with you. And I'm not about to toss it away! Don't worry. I'm not leaving you forever, even if I join them. I'll always come back to you. Okay? We'll talk about this more when it happens. But for now, let's just be together.”

A sniffle escaped the canary yellow pony, but she smiled a little and kissed her muzzle. “O-Okay...I trust you, my love... I understand. I'm sorry...I'm just terrified of losing you...”

“Shhh...it's okay. You're not going to lose me. Don't be sorry. Don't be sorry for being yourself. I understand.”

Fluttershy sniffled, climbing on top of her yet again, snuggling against her. Rainbow smiled, holding her close and nuzzling their noses.

“I love you, pal. I love you.”

“And I love you too, Rainbow...I love you so much.”

As they cuddled together, letting nothing tear them apart, it wasn't long before sleep soon claimed them. A promise was made, a promise hopefully to be kept as time went by. But Rainbow Dash knew that she was going to do all she could to keep it, to make things as wonderful as she hoped. For Fluttershy. For herself. Fore them both.

Her resolve was set, and she knew she was not going to let anything sway her. Never.


So, it looks like we'll be having one more chapter plus an epilogue, I think! After that, I'll be back to Heated and hopefully progressing more with that. I have some new ideas in the works and you'll see them soon!

In the meantime, for this, I MIGHT do a sequel. There are no promises, but we'll see. I don't know just yet.

Thank you all so much! :)