• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 3,719 Views, 74 Comments

A Friendly Letter from Chrysalis - HiddenMaster



In the wake of the Crystaling, Chrysalis decides to send Cadence a letter.

  • ...
7
 74
 3,719
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 35 )

Yeah, this is the sort of thing that would make a great prelude to a full story. Otherwise, interesting take on things. I always have a soft spot on worldbuilding.

this is great. need a sequel with Cadance's responses or something

and in the third chapter cadance is also chrysalis or her twin sister or something lame like that

Well, that sure flipped around to weirdness all of a sudden. You do realize you can't possibly leave it with that, right? There needs to be a final chapter about Cadence confronting Shining Chrysalis about this whole mess.

I also like this take...but with Shining Armor secretly the maid that came in and walked out and the fake Shining a homoculus...and throw in a plan to have Chrysalis impersonate shining on occasion to help bypass alicorn breeding restrictions and that results in flurry heart and a health changeling hive...and then have a plot that involves Seaponies, an order who wants to return equestria to a political setup prior to discord, references to Rosedust of G1, and it's all hatched by the last creature anyone expects to do anything at this point...

Tree Hugger


And it's a plot to make everyone chill out...

and prove the wendigos she is seeing are not the result of drugs.

I liked the first one better...
I'd love to hear about Cousin Coco's schemes though.

7250005 Well, I was running out of inspiration and this is more a product of boredom. I was originally being genuine when I said the first chapter would probably be the last. As it is, I'd honestly be surprised if people liked the second chapter more than the first, barring someone who has desperately wished for this exact scenario for years but was unable to find it in a letter format. But I can't imagine even among the fandom there are that many people looking for this exact scenario.

Edit:

As for Cousin Coco...

Imagine Discord and Team Rocket (yes, all of them) had a baby.

And then Pinkamena was the foal sitter her entire life, but she was high on a combination of Adderall and Meth the entire time.

Make the offspring a Changeling with severe ADHD and megalomania, and that should more or less paint a picture of who Cousin Coco really is.

7249892


Why do I get the feeling that Cadence is actually Chryssy...

I think that this must continue.

Please make a reaction chapter. A frantic princess is a fun princess. :pinkiecrazy:

7250032

As for Cousin Coco...

She's a nut.

God, even I am vaguely ashamed of that one.

7250428 Actually, it's short for Cocoon. But she does have a fondness for chocolate.

And yes, you should be ashamed. That is just terrible. So, please continue spreading the gospel of puns.

7250468
I was thinking of the other kind of Coco nut, but that also works. After all, they do say that family is like chocolate that way.

But crackfics are best fics :D They are great because they are funny inself

Do sequel, even just for the lulz.

I had an idea a while ago for a darkfic where Shining Armor discovers a hidden room that he's never seen before and yet seems strangely familiar to him. Inside of it is a ton of empty pods with some glowing brightly and some not, a pod containing himself, and the word "REMEMBER" painted on the wall in glowing goo.

It's a pity I hate to actually write things. It's nice to see someone putting the general idea into play, though.

But what if cadance was shining, and twilight was cadance, and then luna was chrysalis, and shining was celestia and then celestia was twilights mom and starswirl the bearded was twilights father while twilights father was actually big Macintosh when applejack was rainbow dash while dash was spitfire when pinkie pie was rarity while rarity waS fluttershy help me im going insane

A few weeks later

Celestia and a unicorn stallion are walking down a hallway. The stallion was wearing a white coat and had a brain and red cross as his cutie mark.

Celestia: So, any progress doctor?

Doctor: *sigh* I'm afraid thing are about the same. She has to be restrained and under 24-hour guard to protect her from herself. I'm just glad for the restraining ring on her horn.

Celestia: Yes. I have those alicorn-strength magic containment rings made after the banishment of my sister. I had hoped they would never have to be used.

Doctor: I can't imagine how her loved ones are doing. Any progress her loved ones?

Celestia: Shining's parents are looking after little Flurry, so they are coping. Twilight has calmed down some. As you know, she didn't take the news about her brother or Cadance very well.

Doctor: I heard that the changelings in the Crystal Empire went into hiding after what she did to the ones she located. The doctors are still working on her. Is it true what happened to the Badlands?

Celestia: ALMOST happened. Her student was able to contain her long enough for her friends and myself to calm her down. She is currently on sabbatical until further notice. At least until Chrysalis and her hive are found and all threats are neutralized.

Doctor: Yes, I see. Well, here we are.

The alicorn and doctor stopped in front of a door with two guards and two orderlies on either side. With a nod, the door was opened. Inside was a sad sight. Sitting in a corner is Cadance...or what used to be Cadance. She is secured in a straight jacket. The bruises she gave herself were still visible. The most haunting change were her eyes. Vacant. Unfocused.

7249895 I second that!

I honestly don't see what more I could do here, at least not without expanding significantly into other characters.

The answer is obvious. Double down.
The next letter must be from Flurry Heart, telling Cadance that she is actually Chrysalis and that this is part of the life cycle of Changeling queens (the queen abandons her old body in order to infest someone who becomes convinced they are the queen, only to abandon the temporary host by impregnating a female and being reborn).
Then a final chapter in which Cadance gets a letter from herself telling herself that she has been Chrysalis this whole time.

What if all this time, Celestia is Chrysalis! And she's been feeding on everyponies love for her!!! :pinkiegasp:

Mind = blown... :twilightoops:

Wow

I'd like to see a sequel

7251956

Man, you gotta expand this. Like, write a response from Caddy.

This is one of the most convoluted and fucked up things I have read in a while.
Great job! :pinkiehappy:
As for expansion suggestions... I think it would be cool to see a story on those hidden wars between changelings that were mentioned and the stuff with Coco. I reckon it'd be a little more serious than this, though.
Cool, though.

7251711

Luna and Celestia sat on a secluded balcony in the morning sun. Celestia delicately sipped her fragrant jasmine tea, savoring the warmth and complex flavors. Luna chugged black coffee as she engaged in a ferocious battle with the unstoppable onslaught known as sleep.

"Well," Celestia began delicately,. "We've hit a bit of a roadblock in rounding up the remaining Changelings."

Luna mumbled something eloquently as befitting a princess.

"Indeed, sister. We underestimated their ability to go to ground. Current estimates are rough, but my captains in charge of the search units tell me as close as 95% of the Changelings have escaped or bypassed the quarantine." Another delicate sip, and her tone shifted to one of slight worry only permitted with her closest confident. "Additionally, the highest ranking one Cadence...disabled, somehow slipped past the guards at the hospital despite her critical condition and her current whereabouts are unknown." Celestia sighed. "To top it all off, we underestimated how ingrained the Hive had become to the Crystal Empire. Not only did most of the Crystal Ponies help the Changelings-disguised or not-escape, it appears that the significant loss in population and the goods and services associated with them is going to send it into an intense economic recession if not an outright depression, not to mention-sister, are you listening to me?

"Tia, remind me: is the sky over the horizon supposed to be splitting apart in green flames?" Luna calmly asked, eyes pin pricks.

Celestia blinked, and noticed that, far to the south, the skies were indeed doing just that, jagged cracks of green fire cascading over the skies. Seemingly nearby, pillars of brilliant green light erupted from the ground from the ground, although to be seen at this distance they had to be immense. Celestia opened he mouth to say something, but words escaped her as a mountain she was sure hadn't been there seconds before imploded and hundreds of thousands of something came scuttling out of the fissures.

She opened her mouth to shout a summons that would shake Canterlot to its foundations, but instead a simple note appeared before her.

Sorry princesses, but I'm rather tied up right now. Some amazing chaos going down south, and I frankly can't be bothered to miss it. Toodles.

Discord

Celestia blinked once more, and said the most appropriate words Equestria had ever known.

"Oh. Shi-

Figured I'd respond in kind. Comments like yours truly make my day, and I always appreciate the time that goes into them. :pinkiehappy:By the way, this is not from an upcoming fic in any way, shape, or form. No sirree. :trollestia:

But in all seriousness, I can see several ways I can take this, but not in a letter format, and certainly not with Chrysalis as the sender. Sure, it's been fun, but on this particular subject I'm calling it quits.

7252090 There's a fic for that.

7253046 Well, it looks like the changeling war is about to hit all of Equestria.:rainbowlaugh:
Thank you. Thank you so much. I'm glad that you liked it.

For the Next Letter, we find out that Shining Armor is now a... uh Changeling Victim Zombie(?) to make his own Vendetta message and possible Rape threat somewhere... out there?

I need a continuation of the second chapter! Not even the changeling war part, just the conversation when Buggy Armor returns home.

Hah, od actually like to see the story for that.

And then the world itself was changelings.

Also, seems like a normal relationship to me.

7351800

Also, seems like a normal relationship to me.

:twilightoops:

Either one of these could make a good prompt for a story. It's the kind of thing that kind of makes me want to write. Thus, take your like and may someday get a message requesting use of your idea in a story.

So I’m guessing this is in an alternate universe to the last chapter?

Login or register to comment