• Published 22nd Mar 2015
  • 6,722 Views, 222 Comments

Twilight Shimmer - BlackWater



Twilight marries her true love, Sunset Shimmer. Only, it turns out that marriage isn't the end of the story. It's only the start of it. So begins their new life together.

  • ...
16
 222
 6,722

18 - The Love of 42


Sunset Shimmer stood against the railing that protected people from falling down the steep hill. She looked out at the city she had spent over twenty years in. The snowfall obscured some of it in a white haze, but that only reminded her of when she stood here all those years ago with Twilight. Back when their journey in life had hardly begun.

Twilight came up beside her and nuzzled beneath her arms so she could leech off of her wife’s warmth. Her purple mittens clasped on Sunset’s arms, which moved to hold the woman against her. The night sky pattern on Twilight’s coat was a stark opposite to Sunset’s cheery summer-colored coat that she wore in amusing defiance of the season.

“Enjoying the view, honey?” Sunset whispered into her wife’s ear as they looked out over the snow-sprinkled city.

“Only because I’m with you, Sunny,” Twilight hummed in contentment.

Sunlight almost knocked them over when he grabbed them both from the side and joined Twilight’s strategy of warmth leeching. “I’m back, mom!”

Sunset gave him a knowing look and moved an arm to envelop him as well. “No hot cocoa?”

“The stand was out before it was even my turn,” he pouted. “You should have seen the line!”

Twilight giggled and moved around so she could draw him into a hug while Sunset still held her. “I hope our little weekend getaway hasn’t been boring for you, Lighty. I’m sorry I couldn’t take more time off for the ski lodge.”

Sunlight did nothing to fight his mother’s embrace. He leaned back into it. Unlike most of his peers, he didn’t want cold detachment from his parents. To him, they were a safe harbor in a vast sea that made up the city sprawled before their view.

“Never,” he smiled with confidence, glancing back at his two mothers to show his joy. “I mean, you taught me what’s really important in life.”

“What’s that, sport?” Sunset asked with a bout of curiosity. If she had done a single thing right as a parent then she wanted to know about it.

Sunlight looked back to the cool snowy city, casually noticing places of significance to him like CHS and Sugar Cube Corner. He already had as many fond memories there as his mothers did.

“Just enjoy life with the people you love.”

Comments ( 28 )

OH NO IM DEPRIVED OF MY SUNLIGHT FANFICTION GOODNESS

joking aside, this is one of my favorite SunLight stories.

you are a great author, and I hope to see more SunLight fanfiction goodness from you in the future!

JMP
JMP #2 · Jul 5th, 2016 · · ·

Oh.....it's over. I feel like this is a story that could have just gone on forever, and I really enjoyed it. I do have a small complaint, though. I wasn't a fan of the huge timeskips at the end of the story. I get that this was ultimately a story about Twilight and Sunset, but being informed that Applejack has a daughter with Rarity last chapter was a bit jarring, and I don't think Rainbow and Adagio were mentioned since Sunlight was born. Maybe there's room for more stories, this time focusing on a bit of the world around the Shimmers? I'd also read a story focused on Sunlight himself.

This is officially one of my favorite SunLingt fics. Funny, cute and heart-warming. Clear 9/10 :twilightsmile:

10 stars out of 10, ponies! I really want more SunLight stories, please. I am cursed for loving SunLight and I feel like I'll be forever blesses with it though.

7364689
Thanks! It really makes me happy to know you enjoyed it. I had just as much fun writing it and given how big of a Sunlight fan I am, I may very well end up writing more someday. :heart:

7364895
7364902
You're welcome and I know the feeling. Must have endless supply of Sunlight to go on... :rainbowwild:

7364765
Thanks for sticking around and enjoying. I see what you mean too. I wanted this story to include a large time portion of the Shimmers' marriage but didn't want to spend 50+ chapters doing it because of other stories I'm working on. I may continue the story in the future though with stories on the Shimmers themselves, Sunlight the son, or even...Adashio.

A simple and beautiful ending for one of my favorite SunLight fics. Well fone my friend, well fone.

Ohh its sad to see a good story end. I truly enjoyed this story though i can't wait for more SunLight in the future.
Stay awesome.
your reader,
Goten

Wait... this is marked as complete... *blink* noooooooooooooooooo! Lol, was a helluva rise! Nit gonna lie though - was hoping to see Daydream and Midnight have to save the city once or something ;)

I absolutely LOVE this story, and it's a good ending to an AMAZING fic. I'm just sad it's finished.

There's also the unresolved plot line with the magic... but I enjoyed the cuteness factor overall.

This story is up on One of my fav Sunlight fics right after Fractured Sunlight naturally!!

It sad this had to end, but all great things most come to an end!!
Finnal rateing 9.5/10(Nothing is truly perfect in this world)

beautiful story wit a beautiful ending! so sad to see this fine story end!bravo to you ! can not wait for more from you!thank you for the great read!!

Sad to see this end. It was a great story, awkward pacing aside...

9.5/10

sighs I feel so empty now. I adore this story with all my heart, really. It always brings a smile on my face whenever I read this story.

10/10 would feel empty inside again

7646229
I'm happy you enjoyed it so much. Honestly, some stories I make get me sad when I wrap them up because I enjoy writing and creating them as much as anyone might enjoy them. The story is almost a part of me. I always write a story for Christmas each year. That's how this one eventually wound up being written. I'm thinking of writing one for this story this time. So there will be a little bit more. :twilightsmile:

Love rereading this story. I think it was a big reason I started writing SunLight myself.

7849312
Thank you so much, allykitty! I'm glad you got to enjoy it and that it played some part in inspiring you. It so happens by happy coincidence that I'm just now reading your Homecoming series. And by "just now" I mean I just now switched tabs to see this comment whilst reading a chapter of it. I've been enjoying it greatly! I read a chapter or two at the end of my work days with a warm blanket, a snack or two, and much satisfaction. :heart:

7851727

Excuse me while I squee for a moment. :yay::pinkiegasp::twilightsmile:

I welcome any thoughts you might have.

7851790
I'll be sure to leave comments on your stories then~ :raritywink:

7911863

You never know what you'll find down here in the mysterious black box of comments. :raritywink: :rainbowlaugh:

7914725

Now I have to go searching the comments for Easter eggs. :rainbowlaugh:

Throughout your story, Sunset had doubts about whether she would be a good wife and parent. It's nice to see it have a final resolution in the concluding chapter.

8368361
So happy you're enjoying~ :raritystarry:

It was a joy to write and I'm quite fond of writing more, which I've been doing for a time now with my fellow writer allykitty on Comparing Notes (one of the multiple sequels to this story). :heart:

This story is nothing short of beautiful, I absolutely loved it.

D’aww. What an adorable ending.

What a lovely conclusion. Can't wait to read the sequel

“The stand was out before it was even my turn ,” he pouted. “You should have seen the line!”

Oofity

“Just enjoy life with the people you love.”

Yep, that's what family is for and from a great story! :twilightsmile:

Really loved it thx author

Login or register to comment