• Published 22nd Mar 2015
  • 6,722 Views, 222 Comments

Twilight Shimmer - BlackWater



Twilight marries her true love, Sunset Shimmer. Only, it turns out that marriage isn't the end of the story. It's only the start of it. So begins their new life together.

  • ...
16
 222
 6,722

3 - Summer Sky


Twilight Sparkle closed the door behind them. Normally, the rinse-off showers at the water park were just lined up against a wall on the way out. They had no walls or doors and no sense of privacy because the guests were meant to simply rinse off over their suit and walk out. Not VIPs, though. There was a special building just for VIP customers, which included Twilight and her new wife.

It was a small building put to the side, connected to the water park and near the beach. However, it was completely private. Sunset and Twilight were the only ones there, sole residents of the shower room. Twilight locked the door with an unusual eagerness.

“Why loc-”

But before Sunset's cool demeanor could voice the actual question, her wife's lips crashed into hers. The redhead had no problem returning her wife's warm embrace but was quick to inquire after they broke for air.

“Again, why?”

Twilight's face scrunched up even though she kept holding Sunset tightly. The touch of their bikini-clad bodies gave the girl a sense of warmness amidst the cooler air around them. “You've been teasing me all day. Every time we got out of the pool, every time we got in, every time we went down the water slides...”

“Okay, but it's our honeymoon. I'm obligated to do that, right?” Sunset's evil smirk returned.

“You're impossible,” Twilight pouted – or at least she pretended to.

Sunset loved that look on the other girl's face. She loved everything else about her for that matter. Why did she have to be so cute all of the time? It was as if every little expression was the very definition of adorable. But Sunset couldn't just get it on with her spouse in the shower room. They needed to save that first intimate moment for their bedroom.

Everything else was open season, though.

“You know, I theorized that I would be accustomed to the physical stimulation after experiencing it to varying degrees over the course of-MMPH!”

Sunset knew when to cut Twilight's scientific breakdowns short. She pressed her girl against the wall beneath the showerhead and slid her hands down to Twilight's rear. The look of surprise on Twilight's face came back after she had begun to settle into the familiar sensation of Sunset's tongue meeting hers.

The next time they separated it was with panting breath. Twilight had hooked her arms around Sunset's neck and neither let go of the other. One of Sunset's hands did, however, reluctantly move over slightly to turn on the warm water. They were soon being drenched once more, only this time with clean rather than pool water.

“Are we going to keep doing this? I don't know if I can take your advances,” Sunset joked with a haughty smirk.

“You were the one that-!” Twilight huffed and then gave an irritated little “gr” that was more endearing than it was threatening.

“Am I supposed to feel something? Like afraid?” Sunset chuckled. She hardly thought her wife could be dangerous, especially with her long hair straight and soaking beneath the shower's spray of water. It had fallen out of its hair tie.

“Let's just finish and get to the restaurant,” Twilight became indignant and got to rinsing off properly. “I'm hungry.”

When Sunset tried to grab her again, Twilight batted her off. The playfulness they had just a moment ago seemed to be gone. Sunset's heart skipped a beat, but not in the usually good way. She instantly worried that she might have soured their mood somehow.

It was a quiet rinse and uneventful through the gentle drying. The towels had been warmed by the sun that had been pouring through the fogged window of the shower room. The plush cloth was a nice contrast to the cool rinse and kept the ocean air from being too chilly when they exited the building.

Cobblestone paths walled in by lush exotic plants led them to the plaza near the beach that was home to the restaurants and shopping mazes. Though both of them were still in bikinis and sandals, they had comfortable white towels tied around their wastes. The corners were emblazoned with the Hello Tropics logo.

The crowds came back in double when the couple reached the main paths again. Most people were also in swimming attire and had towels around their necks, arms, or wastes. The resort was designed as an integrated experience so that one could go straight between swimming, shopping, water skiing, eating, and scuba diving. Preferably the eating parts would have wait times between water-based diversions.

Twilight glanced at Sunset with a bit of worry while they approached The Vegan Pony. “You're really silent all of a sudden. Everything okay?”

Sunset forced a nervous smile and she grabbed her wife's hand tight. “No, nothing's wrong. I love you, Twilight.”

Being as intelligent as Twilight was, the lack of subtlety in the redhead's tone was immediately noticeable to her. Rather than be worried about it, Twilight swiftly theorized that it had to be related to what happened when they first entered the resort. They would have to have a talk before tonight, but Twilight could still sooth her wife in the meantime.

“Is there something you want to get here or am I alone?” Twilight smiled at her spouse and returned the grip that their hands had.

“No, uh...they have fruit cones, right?” Sunset tried looking over the taller people ahead of them. The line was thick leading up to the outdoor bar-type restaurant. It was moving fast, though. Soon they would place their orders and be sitting in the VIP section overlooking the bay.

“Like a hundred flavors,” Twilight jokingly exaggerated. “Have one in mind?”

“I'll go with strawberry and orange this time,” Sunset slowly voiced as she came to a decision. She was able to make out some of the options between the two heads of those in front of them.

Twilight held back an amused smile. It was such a typical choice for Sunset. Just another pattern in her series of choices. Twilight could see those patterns easily but some eluded her still, such as the issue with Sunset's confidence. The blue-haired girl stepped sideways so their hips touched and noticed a cute little tick at the edge of her wife's mouth.

Sunset pretended that she was trying to read the menu through the crowd rather than enjoy the warmth at her side.

“It really is beautiful,” Sunset remarked as she licked at her densely packed cone of fruit-flavored shaved ice. It had chunks of real fruit in it with an even split or red strawberry on one side and orange on the other.

The bay sparkled with an azure beauty. The water was not murky and was as clear as crystal. The clouds were a sparse but a welcome addition to the sunny skies that warmed the land below. Sunset knew that as far as weather was concerned the day couldn't be better. Perhaps the air was a tad too still but then not every day was going to have a good breeze.

Hello Tropics stretched around the entire curve of the protected bay. Most of the building were centered in the plaza, but miniature beach houses and lifeguard stations could be seen along the way. The VIP seating they were at had an unbeatable view to be sure. There was plenty of bright beach along the water, but the thick green forest of trees never took long in meeting it. Sunset could see even at their extreme distance from it that the bottleneck where the bay opened to the ocean beyond was incredibly rocky. The thick treeline stretched even to that point as well in defiance of the rough terrain.

While Sunset was looking out and enjoying the view along with her shaved ice, Twilight was enjoying another view entirely. She had finished her meal some minutes before and convinced her inner voice that she wasn't doing anything bad by checking out Sunset's largely exposed body. They were married after all. There was nothing at all unethical by enjoying the curve of Sunset's neckline...how it swooped into those smooth shoulders at the sides and those perfect breasts in the front...

They had talked about their sizes and measurements before. Did they get bigger, though? They looked more like D-

“Is that it?” Sunset unknowingly broke her wife's concentration. She pointed towards a small lush island in the center of the bay.

The blush on the bookworm's face was surprisingly subtle and managed to escape notice. Twilight was jittery in changing her gaze but she managed to find the object Sunset was pointing to. “Y-yes. It's supposed to be really nice.”

“It still feels weird,” Sunset said. “I mean, sure I used to have a nice room when I was Celestia's student, but a VIP resort island is really just a whole new thing. I don't know if I'll ever want to leave,” she added with a short giggle.

Twilight's heart beat hard. As much as Sunset had teased her before, she couldn't help wanting more. Not being able to hold back her enthusiasm anymore, Twilight got up from her chair on the other side of the table. Sunset looked a little surprised and ready to ask something but Twilight darted around before that.

“Hey, let's take a walk down to the garden area. I heard it's incredible and you can enjoy your cone at the same time,” Twilight smiled just a bit too much as her hands rubbed Sunset's shoulders.

The normally fiery young woman liked the sensation but couldn't help feeling their emotional positions had switched. She stood up from the chair carefully to avoid getting the flavored ice on herself. At the same time, she felt Twilight's hands slip from her shoulders and brush down her back before finally hooking onto one of her arms. Why was Twilight suddenly so energetic and touchy? Not that Sunset had any complaints.

“It's this way,” Twilight immediately began tugging her wife out of the VIP seating area and towards a thinly crowded part of the restaurant plaza.

“You'd better not be trying to get me alone just to tease me some more,” Sunset kidded.

Twilight stuck her bottom lip out. “You're the one who's been doing that. I just want to see the exotic flora. And besides.”

“Besides what?” Sunset prodded and then took a few more licks of her cone.

The bookworm said something in a voice so small that Fluttershy would be proud. They had already gone down the path towards the garden, so there was hardly anyone around to overhear.

“Yeah, what?” Sunset prompted again.

Same result.

Twilight didn't bother to respond this time but kept pulling Sunset along all the same. They only stopped when they entered through the archway that marked the seaside garden. It was incredible indeed. Sunset couldn't hope to identify even half the plants there and the volume of them was almost enough to block the view of the bay and beach, which really wasn't too far away. The sand began only a few hundred feet beyond the edge of the garden.

Antique benches were scattered through the garden but they didn't go to any of them. Instead, Twilight pulled Sunset more slowly and gently in a clockwise pattern through the garden.

“Besides what, honey?” Sunset asked again, this time more firmly.

Twilight gulped. After all of the looking, teasing, make-outs, and strategic groping, she felt like she had no confidence at all. She thought marriage was supposed to magically solved issues like that. Maybe her problems stemmed from the fact that she was a book-centric introvert who spent all of her time with nothing but science, her dog, and her parents' basement. She wouldn't be in a good position to talk about Sunset's insecurities if her own confidence was so low.

Sensing the inner tension in her wife, Sunset held her half-consumed cone in one hand and held Twilight's cheek with the other. “Hey,” she almost whispered in encouragement. “We're alone here. Speak your mind. I want to know what's on my wife's heart.”

The way Sunset always melted her with those words was magical even if their marriage hadn't solved her own insecurities. She looked into her spouse's eyes and saw all the love there that she needed and wanted.

“And besides,” Twilight said it again at a normal volume, “it's only noon and we've got all this time before tonight.”

The redhead frowned but not because of Twilight. No, it was because this was what was on her mind as well. They felt the same.

Twilight continued. “I can't enjoy any of this,” she admitted with a jittery sigh and gestured around her. “I can't get tonight off my mind. I'm just nervous and then...”

Sunset gave her the time to muster up the breath for the next part.

“I can't help staring at you,” Twilight admitted with a blush, her eyes going everywhere but Sunset's. “I've seen you in a bikini thirty-seven times so far, but it's different somehow.”

“You kept count?” Sunset let her hand drop to her wife's shoulder. She couldn't help a giggle and then carefully hugged the woman without spilling the remains of her shaved ice. “I did notice the looks, by the way,” she leaned back, smirked, and puffed her chest out. “I'm never short on confidence thanks to you.”

Instead of a witty reply, Twilight just stared and blushed. A well endowed moment passed.

“Heh,” Sunset smirked with her chest still out. “You know, I think we might have to call it early today.”

“...huh?” Twilight barely snapped out of her preoccupation. “What do you mean?” she asked as her eyes finally traveled back to Sunset's.

The slightly taller woman closed the gap between them again and rubbed her wife's shoulders lovingly. “Midday just means we have more time to enjoy in private. I don't think either of us is going to get our mind onto the resort until after we take care of this.”

If Twilight's heart hadn't been beating fast before then it was now launching for orbit. “Yeah,” she agreed more weakly than she thought her voice would come out. “It might help. Maybe it will deescalate my natural inclination for physical stimulation.”

Sunset bit back a laugh. Her wife was such a nerd.

That was only one reason why she loved her so.

A special member of the Hello Tropics staff greeted them after they finished their leisurely walk to the dock. They had been given directions about its location previously because it was a private dock away from the large ones the resort used for the average visitors. This was a small dock with a few ships used by employees only.

The only exceptional craft there was the Hydro Star. Even moored to the less sophisticated dock, the mid-sized yacht looked like something taken out of one of Twilight's futuristic sci-fi novels. It was a pure snowy white all over but had the angles of a stealth fighter and no visible engine on the back. Glass made up a large portion of the upper aft while the forward section had plenty around the cockpit. It had to have cost millions to make, though Sunset was only going off a feeling and had no clue as to the real value of it.

“It's yours,” Oxygen Rush told them happily. The calm yet energetic young woman was their special staffer that attended specifically to their needs. Apparently, she was someone higher up in the resort's employee food chain. She had an incredible accent that leaned all of her vowels and sounded similar to some of the foreign island accents Twilight had heard in the past.

“We can't pilot that,” Twilight chuckled nervously as they walked up to the ship's gangway.

“No need,” Oxygen continued smiling at them politely. “It's all automated. Even if you forget to slip the mooring hook to the deck, I've programmed it with a three mile remote return policy.”

The couple stopped, making the resort guide also halt and then raise a brow in question.

“Wait,” Sunset tried not to let her surprise be so obvious, “you programmed this thing?”

“Designed and built it too,” Oxygen smiled in a more prideful way. “Needed some help from the others though. It takes a lot of time and special equipment to make a ship like this. Especially with the underbody movement turbine I designed. It took a year to get it working right even after the rest of the ship was done.”

“Who are you again?” Twilight moved her hand up to adjust the glasses that weren't on her face. It was a habit that Sunset had noticed about her whenever she was intrigued.

“Just a girl who likes making things,” Oxygen shrugged. “Now come aboard. I think you'll like what you see. And I'm certain you'll want to get settled in your villa on King's Land.”

“I must know everything,” Twilight enthusiastically walked up the gangway.

Sunset followed her, noticing the technology of the craft had finally managed to replace the nervousness over their pending activities alone on their island. It was just as well for Sunset, though. She didn't want her girl to be so worried.

Also, walking up behind her wife gave her an incredible view. Not that Sunset hadn't already seen this particular aft before. She simply never got tired of it.