• Published 22nd Mar 2015
  • 6,722 Views, 222 Comments

Twilight Shimmer - BlackWater



Twilight marries her true love, Sunset Shimmer. Only, it turns out that marriage isn't the end of the story. It's only the start of it. So begins their new life together.

  • ...
16
 222
 6,722

8 - Rainbusted


Twilight Sparkle sighed in contentment as her head laid against her wife's plush chest. They were in the bedroom of their villa at Hello Tropics resort. It was a scene that became familiar to them only a year prior. Somehow, it seemed like that was a lifetime ago now. The girl, temporarily without her glasses, nuzzled warm and half-asleep against her spouse's breasts.

“Long day,” Sunset whispered out. “I hope our nap will get us through the night. Rainbow isn't going to be happy if we quit on her halfway through.”

Twilight embraced Sunset tighter and snuggled more. “Mmm...boobs.”

Sunset's brows flatlined and her hand stopped rubbing her wife's back. “Sometimes I get the feeling you're messing with me.”

A cute giggle from the other girl let the redhead know she was even less asleep than she let on.

The warm fuzzy glow of the bedroom lights and naturally warm air made Sunset drowsy as well, but she wasn't about to knock out with their promise to Rainbow Dash. That girl was just a few rooms down in their villa, playing some video games in anticipation of their late night outings they had planned. Sunset would have been apprehensive about taking Rainbow with them if Twilight had not been so adamant about it. Sometimes Sunset wondered if her human-world Twilight hadn't learned more about friendship than she had.

“You're so selfless at times,” Sunset remarked, “and then you go provoking me for your own enjoyment. Which is the real you?”

The soft jazz soundtrack playing at low volume on the bedroom's sound system, as quiet as it was, nearly drowned out Twilight's mumbled response. The vision-impaired girl kissed her way up to Sunset's neck. The lack of her glasses didn't prevent her from feeling her way in the direction she wanted to go.

“I'm not some evil mastermind, Sunny.”

“Still a mastermind, though,” Sunset countered. “Last week, I came onto you and you acted as if you were nervous about it. I think you're only confident when you think you're the one in charge. Even when you're really manipulating me into thinking that I am.”

“When did you care more about analysis than intimacy?” Twilight grinned, purposefully getting around what Sunset had said. “Just kiss me already.”

“There you go again,” Sunset turned suspicious and gripped Twilight's shoulders firmly. She kept the smooching Twilight just far enough away to prevent said smooching. “I'm going to give you what for and it's not going to be because you goaded me into it!”

Twilight squinted both because she was trying to make out Sunset's face and because she was wondering if Sunset really meant what she said. She tried reaching for her glasses on the nightstand, but Sunset reversed their positions on the bed, pinning Twilight down as was not uncommon in their nightly lives. The jazz music happened to pick up pace, but that was not what was on Sunset's mind.

“Why did you put that music on anyway?” Twilight asked, otherwise comfortable where she was pressed into the soft pillows.

“It's sexy,” Sunset stated blank-faced.

“Heheh,” Twilight chuckled. “You're so cute.”

“No, you are,” Sunset smirked while also stroking her wife's cheek affectionately.

“What now?” the young scientist hooked her fingers onto the neckline of Sunset's sleepwear. The shirt piece was smooth satin that was buttoned down the front. The buttons were loose and easy to pop apart, so the top one snapped open readily.

Sunset hesitated to move her hands further across Twilight's body, her mind hard at work. She was figuring it out. Twilight's flip-flopping behaviors when it came to their intimacy began to take shape. Two more buttons popped. Twilight's other hand played with the top right strap of Sunset's bra, which was now visible. A few seconds later, Sunset finally understood.

“You're keeping it interesting for me,” she breathed out in simple realization. It was so straight-forward. It bothered her, though. “You don't think I'm inventive enough to keep our love-making engaging?”

Twilight didn't seem bothered by her wife's understanding. Devoid of sharp eyesight, she continued to use her touch to feel out every action. “It's not about how inventive you are, Sunny,” she assured. “It's about proving how much I'm willing to put into our relationship. It's my personal initiative and not a reflection of any of your self-perceived characteristics.”

The jazz music slowed to a crawl again. In spite of Twilight's physical affections, Sunset's heart did not go beating out of her chest. It was at peace. Not that it was at war before, but Twilight was always capable of putting her on cloud nine. With a deep breath of rejuvenation, she caressed her wife's form down to her hips and grabbed the edge of the girl's pajama top.

“Does all my thinking and talking ever turn you off?” she asked sincerely.

“I love all of you, honey,” Twilight smiled. “Just be you and I'll be turned on.”

Yes, Sunset confirmed needlessly. Twilight always did know just what to say. Without another thought, she yanked the top off Twilight in one move. The slick sheets helped as well as Twilight's anticipation in raising her arms.

“You're good at that,” Twilight commented the obvious.

“I've got practice,” Sunset took her attention next to her spouse's pink bra. “Why pink?” she couldn't help to add in.

“I don't know,” Twilight shrugged innocently. “I just like it. I never asked why you like black leather, did I?”

“Actually, I think you did,” Sunset lowered herself, placing her face against Twilight's collarbone. She intended to take it slow. “So,” she breathed hotly against the girl's bare skin, “do I take it off with my teeth?”

“Yes!”

Both Twilight and Sunset knew that had been a third voice. They both bolted upright in bed and heard the foul curse that followed the previous word. Sunset fixed her top and Twilight held a sheet up against her body.

“Dash!” Sunset barked.

“Come out,” Twilight ordered more diplomatically.

The rainbow-haired athlete nervously opened the bedroom door the rest of the way. Neither had noticed it had cracked open at some point. The overzealous girl behind it had given herself away by mistake.

“Not an accident this time,” Sunset growled.

Twilight put a hand to her wife's shoulder to ease her annoyance.

“Sorry,” Rainbow said, head hanging and not knowing what else to say.

“I know you don't need to be told to respect privacy again,” Twilight sat back against the padded headboard while keeping the sheet up on herself. “So how about you talk to us about why you're so interested.”

“I was just wondering....what it's like,” the girl mumbled. She was clearly pained to have to go beyond an apology. Her eyes couldn't match either of the other girls. “If you don't mind, I'd rather not dwell on it right now. It's kind of a bummer, you know?”

Twilight rose a brow at her wife, who glanced back and shrugged. It was not as if the issue was going to magically go away. Rainbow lived with them. Sunset, wanting to get back to happier things, decided to leave it there even if her wife would have wanted a long chat. So the redhead dismissed Rainbow from the room. Twilight had to ask why Sunset let her go so quickly, though.

“I think she needs to decide what's going on in her heart before she can try explaining it. And besides, I get the feeling this will resolve itself soon.”

“That your Sunny-sense telling you?” Twilight remained skeptical. She suspected the girl had come up with that explanation out of thin air just to continue with their previous activity.

“Yeah, maybe it is,” Sunset replied, crawling back up to her wife.

“Do I need to put you on a leash?” Sunset asked almost rhetorically as she hooked a pair of fingers beneath the back strap of Rainbow's bikini top. She was careful to grab it in such a way that it wouldn't snap off.

The somewhat muscled girl jerked back from her intended leap due to the restraint. “Hey, if you want to hit this, it's five hundred per night.”

Twilight ignored Rainbow's sarcasm directed at her wife. “I think Sunny just saved you from getting scolded by resort staff. No running through the flowerbeds.”

It was true. Rainbow had been stopped just short of the cared-for beautification off-trail. She was trying to shortcut to their destination. All the while, a maintenance staffer was squinting hard at them, having seen what almost happened.

“Whatever,” Rainbow wiggled out of Sunset's grip. She rolled her eyes, folded her arms, and followed her two “supervisors” around the next proper bend in the trail.

The afternoon mystically managed to be incredibly warm at certain times and then get shiver-inducing cold when a breeze blew in from the bay. Cloud cover was sparse and the humidity of the bay that the resort was situated around had not lessened since their last stay. Twilight adjusted her glasses as she glanced over to the protected waters of the bay visible down the nearby beachline. The surface sparkled with minor to moderate waves, but the glare from the sun made her look away quickly.

“We better get a nice hot tub,” Rainbow grouched. “I'm going to catch a cold if this stupid wind keeps violating me.”

“We only used the hot spring last time,” Sunset went on as they walked down the brightly flowered garden path, “but the hot tub garden is supposed to be really good too. Oxygen Rush says there's service here, so you can get a drink or certain foods. I don't know what they allow, though.”

“Nothing the filters can't handle, I would imagine,” Twilight thoughtfully added.

She shifted her personal bag strapped to her shoulder, which carried most of the items they needed for a day's outing. Sunscreen was foremost among such necessities. The bag was white and minimalist for the most part but it did have a symbol on the side of it – the combination of what Sunset called their “cutie marks.” It had been a gift at their wedding.

Finally, they arrived at a gate that lead into the hot tub area. The fence was so low that even Twilight could have jumped it with ease. That and the design of it made it clear it was only for decoration rather than security. The hot tubs were within the ground and mixed about with the garden foliage, plenty of space separating each one for the sake of semi-privacy.

Better than anything else was the view. As the trio of girls walked up to their chosen hot tub zone, the peaceful bay could be seen more clearly than at any point along the trail. They even had some elevation above the beachline now so they could look down at it as far as the guarded outlet to the greater ocean.

Twilight put her bag down next the their zone's table. Rainbow, not carrying anything but her abundant enthusiasm, went straight into the still waters of the tub. Sunset shrugged out of her thin jacket and draped it over one of the chairs at the table. That made Twilight hesitate before grabbing the lotion out of her bag for her systematic on-the-minute re-application as per medical suggestion. Somehow she was still able to marvel at what a knockout her wife was in her fire-patterned bikini.

“Hey, egghead!” Rainbow called over to Twilight while remaining seated in the hot tub. “Figure out how to turn this thing on whenever you're done raping Sunset with your eyes.”

Why'd we bring you again?” Sunset remarked in a “should have seen that one coming” kind of way.

Rainbow laughed and splashed her feet up and down from beneath the warm water. “Because married life is boring when you're not making room service change the sheets every six hours? I don't know. Maybe I'm just too awesome to not have around.”

“Oh gosh,” Twilight flinched. “There's no way I could have that kind of physical stamina.”

That just made Rainbow laugh even harder.

“Don't encourage her,” Sunset deadpanned at her wife. She walked over to the bubble jet control panel between two sunflowers at the edge of their zone. It gave her no trouble and Twilight giggled when the jets turned on just as she slipped into the water.

“Mmm,” Rainbow finally settled into the relaxing pulse of the bubble jets. “Can I skinny dip this thing?”

“Please don't,” Sunset said as she walked up to the edge of the tub and knelt down to slip in. The water was indeed kept warm even with the jets off and the more consistent if low intensity breeze coming up to them from the lower bay made the contrast desirable.

“Do you ever skinny dip together, though?” Rainbow insisted.

Twilight rose a brow while tilting her head at her wife next to her on the underwater seat.

The redhead draped an arm around Twilight's shoulder. “I'm not going to give you any more material, Dash. Don't you have better things to think about than the private lives of your friends?”

Rainbow dropped her body so her lips were barely above the surface. “Not really,” she blew her own bubbles into the already bubbling water.

“What about practicing? Have you seen Aria again?” Twilight asked.

She stretched her legs underwater and accidentally knocked Rainbow's, which flipped up out of the water. The clash and the initial question prompted Twilight to take conscious notice of Rainbow's physical form. Rainbow Dash was in as good shape as she had been back in CHS if not even more so. Her arms were far more muscular than most any girl Twilight had seen but remained below an obscene bulge. Her abs were toned. She was clearly and proudly sporting a sharp six pack. As for her legs she was splashing up and down against the bubbling surface of the hot tub, they were the thick and powerful pair one would expect of an athlete aiming for a national soccer team.

“A few times,” Rainbow shrugged. “Not a real social butterfly, but we're comfortable on the field. She's been training on sit-ups recently just like me. Speaking of, you been doing curls when I'm away, Sunset?”

“Huh?” Sunset tilted her head.

“Don't 'huh' me. You're like...starting to pack! I thought you guys would pudge out after scoring, but you're getting toned like me! Got a kink or something?”

Twilight did a double take on her wife and did take notice of what Rainbow said. Sunset's stomach was indeed starting to show the beginnings of muscle tone. She hadn't registered it in her mind previously because it had been so gradual. Sunset's abs only made further contrast with her bountiful chest. Twilight had to look away before her blush combined with the hot tub to overheat her body.

“No kinks,” Sunset rolled her eyes. “Just thought I'd keep on top of my health. That odd?”

“You never mentioned it,” Twilight commented. It felt strange to her that her spouse could manage such exercise without her catching onto it in some way. “When do you work out?”

“Whenever I have nothing better to do at the invention shop. Usually between metal moldings. The machine can take forever and I'm always caught up on everything else.”

Rainbow couldn't help but add in. “Hot.”

Twilight glared at Rainbow for only a second. “Taken.”

“Happily married,” Sunset ended. “Are we playing word games now?”

“Oh!” Rainbow sat up straight in the tub. “Do you two play sex games?”

“You are relentless,” Sunset groaned and buried her face into the warm water momentarily for effect.

“Your healthy interest in personal intimacy,” Twilight adjusted her glasses, “would lead me to believe you may be struggling with certain physiological frustrations?”

“Human, Twi,” Rainbow deadpanned. “Speak it.”

Sunset blasted in before Twilight could formulate an alternative wording. “You need a mate, Dash?”

“Mate?” Rainbow rose a brow at first and then smirked wildly. “I like the sound of that. Yeah. Savage.”

Sunset facepalmed.

Twilight was more methodical, having regained her mental foundation. “A safe and proper outlet for that enthusiasm might be in order.”

“You said that months ago,” Rainbow rolled her eyes.

“Except that now we have an opportunity,” Sunset remarked as a resort staffer approached their area.

The staffer's face was as recognizable as her bountiful hair.

A ghost from the past with none of the evil aura she once had.