• Published 22nd Mar 2015
  • 6,722 Views, 222 Comments

Twilight Shimmer - BlackWater



Twilight marries her true love, Sunset Shimmer. Only, it turns out that marriage isn't the end of the story. It's only the start of it. So begins their new life together.

  • ...
16
 222
 6,722

10 - Power is Seductive


I don't know about this,” Twilight doubted as she and Sunset floated in the air. The pair were powered up into their magical Daydream and Midnight modes. “I'm not sure we should interfere.”

Daydream smiled at her wife. Not because she was right or wrong. No, it was because Midnight Shimmer was absolutely adorable when she was powered up like this and twiddling her thumbs, uncertain and nervous.

“What?” Midnight looked up from her fiddling hands and almost looked pouty.

Though they were hovering, they were still below the treetops and well concealed within the off-trail part of the resort's seaside jungle. Daydream flew closer to her transformed wife.

“I think we have to help Dash just for now, else she'll blow this,” Daydream explained. She also trailed a finger up Midnight's cheek. Her finger moved over to trace across the girl's lips while her other hand moved up her hip. “Celestia, I always forget how incredible this is.”

Midnight looked down again, breaking gaze. “We shouldn't use our magic for visual gratification...”

“Why?” Daydream challenged gently. If any sweat appeared on either of them then it was only because of the humidity of the close-knit jungle. “We've practically mastered it. And it doesn't hurt anybody. We could maintain these forms for hours without strain.”

“I don't know,” Midnight looked back up, a ghost of a smirk working its way onto her face as an amusing afterthought struck her. “You showed quite a bit of strain last week when I was p-”

Daydream put three fingers to her lips to quiet her. “Shh. I think they're getting close,” she whispered while looking below.

Before Midnight could whisper back any comment, her wife grabbed her around the midsection and pulled her higher up behind the large leaves of one of the tropical trees. Voices could be heard below, mostly from Rainbow Dash. That girl had a big mouth.

Adagio and Rainbow just came into view below, hopping over small plants and sticks. They each had midriff-baring tank tops on to keep cool, but sported pants and shoes rather than bikini bottoms and sandals. Clearly one of them had the foresight to predict the scratching potential of the jungle ferns.

“You keep saying that,” Adagio bit out as she stepped around a small mud puddle. “It's not as if you ever reached out.”

Rainbow rolled her eyes and countered with something about not knowing where the Dazzlings had gone.

Meanwhile, Midnight found herself still held in Daydream's arms. Those same arms were changing position to allow their hands access to her breasts. Though the transformed outfit covered her satisfactorily, it left an attractive amount of skin exposed. Midnight looked over her shoulder at her spouse and deadpanned.

Really?”

Daydream just stuck her tongue out. “We can have some fun while we're at it, right?” she whispered.

“I don't recall the lemon ice being alcoholic. Strange,” Midnight contemplated to herself on Sunset's grabby disposition. Must just be one of those days, she concluded and did her best to focus on their friends' conversation rather than Daydream's adventurous manipulators.

“I'm just saying you could have apologized anytime,” Rainbow insisted. She swung her whole body over a fallen tree trunk in the most unnecessary fashion.

Adagio glared at the other woman, her hands perched oh her wide hips hidden beneath her tight purple pants. They didn't look breathable but had to be. Unless the girl was plain crazy. “Uh-huh,” was all she muttered, clearly annoyed with the current conversation. “Why are we even out here again?”

“Adventure,” Rainbow explained simply. “It breeds camaraderie.”

“Funny,” Adagio cracked out her sarcasm, “last I checked, we were just wandering through the jungle arguing.“

“Well, pfft,” Rainbow blurted with no coherent comeback.

“You haven't lost an ounce of humility since the battle of the bands,” Adagio continued to snark. She hoisted herself over the fallen log much more functionally than Rainbow. That is to say, she just got up on it and slid off.

Rainbow turned on her companion. “Hey, I'm giving you a chance!”

“So am I, featherbrain,” Adagio stuck her forehead against Rainbow's in a heated challenge.

“This is going pretty-” Daydream began to whisper to her wife.

“-much how you expected it?” Midnight finished for her. “Dashie immediately needs saving. If I didn't know her, I'd be surprised. Good at sports, bad at intimate relationships.”

“How about we give them something to work together on?” Daydream proposed.

“Like the way your hands are working together on my boobs?”

“Coming from the girl who slobbers over mine every night.”

“I do not slobber.”

“Even if you didn't, you still worship them. Come on, Middy. You love my honk-a-tonks.”

The resulting laughter from Midnight Shimmer was so loud it nearly gave them away. Daydream had to cover her mouth to silence her while the pair down below were looking around weirdly for the source of the strange sound they assumed came from a jungle animal. Daydream only removed her hand when her wife had calmed down enough.

“Don't make me laugh while we're undercover,” Midnight scolded Daydream in a whisper.

“Sorry,” the vaguely bridal-themed supergirl shrugged.

“Now, as you suggested, how are we going to get them to 'work' together?”

“Make them chase something out of curiosity,” Daydream suggested slowly as the plan came to her.

“A local animal species? Perhaps rare?”

“A monkey,” Daydream grinned.

Midnight shook her head. “Rainbow would chase a monkey.”

The pair looked out around their leafy cover on-high to see the other pair wandering around at ground-level. This was the perfect chance when they were not looking at one particular spot. Daydream gave Midnight a nod and jerked her head to the fallen log that the ground pair had recently passed over. With a creepy mist of darkness swirling around her hands and glowing eyes, Midnight shot out a blast from her palm. It hit the log and exploded in a cloud that quickly and silently formed itself into what she envisioned.

There on the old mossy jungle log stood a fully autonomous creature formed of Midnight's magic. It was a primate, which was probably based on some variety of lemur. It was hard to tell, however, because its fur was black with purple and green highlights mimicking Midnight's color scheme. It also had visible fangs, glowing green eyes, and horns spiraling outwards on the top of its head.

“Why does it look demonic?” Daydream rose a brow at her wife.

“Everything I make as Midnight ends up looking evil,” the bookworm shrugged. “Remember our anniversary cake I tried to make?”

“Oh yeah...” Daydream's mouth slanted in awkward remembrance.

“Eek eek ekk!”

Rainbow Dash and Adagio Dazzle turned toward the strange noise in an instant. The looks between the two of them could hardly be more varied. While Rainbow was suddenly elated at the sight of the bizarre demon monkey, Adagio just looked as if she had been personally offended.

“You wanna fight, monkey boy?!” Rainbow taunted back with a fist pumping into the air. She looked more happy than angry, though.

Adagio looked to her adventure partner with criticism. “You pick fights with every mythical creature you come across?”

“Mythical?” Rainbow rose a brow in return. “What? Like you, Miss Sirenbutt?”

“Sirenbutt?” Adagio barred her teeth.

“You're a siren and you've got a big butt,” Rainbow shrugged. “Not that I'm complaining. I'd tap that any day.”

“You're not tapping me anytime soon...dunce!”

“Nice comeback, Sirenbutt.”

Adagio began steaming from her ears again, red in the face.

Meanwhile, the demon monkey's aggressive posture dropped into one of sadness. It was as if the girls didn't even care about him anymore. He hopped off the log and started dragging his feet into the jungle in a depressed state.

“Speechless?” Rainbow continued to tease Adagio. “Yeah, I do that to people.”

“It's getting away, you moron,” Adagio sneered.

“Huh?” Rainbow looked around, as if she were only now becoming aware of her surroundings again.

Indeed the monkey just then disappeared into a thick green bush beside a tall tree.

“Don't just stand there,” Rainbow ordered with sudden urgency. “Let's go!”

And with that, the rainbow-haired girl took off like a flash. She jumped over underbrush and ducked beneath hanging jungle vines that would have strangled her otherwise. Adagio followed but with none of the speed or chaos. She simply sidestepped obstacles and walked at her own pace, judging that Rainbow and the monkey's direction would have them coming back around in a half-circle. So she just took the shorter path straight to where they would end up.

The demon monkey slammed right into Adagio's knees, knocking her over with more force than she anticipated. She landed on her rear and missed any sharp sticks or stones, but the animal's horns ripped her purple pants just below the knee. She realized this immediately since the tight-fitting pair were her favorite and she wanted to make sure her skin hadn't been cut. Though her body was fine, her temper was not.

Adagio looked straight at the black and purple creature, fire in her eyes. The animal whimpered and tried to run away, but the siren was back on her feet in a second. Missing the monkey by a mere centimeter, she chased the furry abomination through more of the jungle while Rainbow tried catching up. The normally agile girl had finally gotten her foot tangled in a creeping vine.

It felt like the chase had been going on for hours even though it had really only been minutes. Much homogeneous distance had been covered in Adagio's rage-filled chase. They came to a stop when the jungle cleared out to reveal the resort bay on a different side from where they had begun. While the other end led to a sandy beach, this side merely dropped off in a flat rocky cliff straight into the water.

Neither the monkey nor the siren had anticipated this.

Both ran out into the air beyond the edge of the cliff.

Both plummeted.

Rainbow Dash, coming up behind them, saw this and lunged intentionally off the edge as she shouted an “I've got you!”

“Should we help them?” Midnight looked on nervously over the edge of the cliff.

"Rainbow will get her wings out."

Indeed Midnight did see the wings sprout as the girl grabbed Adagio...who was apparently too heavy. The resulting splash was quite remarkable.

Daydream shrugged. “Rainbow can swim and so can sirens.”

“I don't think she meant she was still literally a siren,” Midnight doubted.

“Did you see those eyes?” Daydream replied with a blank expression. “She had like two irises or something. Besides, it'll be more romantic if one of them saves the other.”

“Which one will do the saving, though?” Midnight folded her arms and sat back with her wife to enjoy the view of the bay from the top of the cliff.

“I'm putting twenty on Adagio,” Daydream grinned.

“I'll take that bet,” Midnight laid her head on her wife's shoulder.

They enjoyed the sound of the wind and the jungle behind them. The humid air was brushed away in waves by the cool ocean breeze. Sounds of splashing below were hard to make out over the rhythmic spray of the waves against the rocky wall below. They had, of course, verified beforehand that it was a clean drop into the water and none of their friends had been hurt. It wasn't for a few more moments that any concern came to mind.

“Wait,” Daydream suddenly thought. “Who's going to save the monkey?”

Midnight facepalmed.

“I had no idea starfish could get that big,” Adagio laid on her room's plush blue carpet with eyes still full of wonderment. Her body was exhausted but then so was Rainbow's beside her. “I've only seen the small dead ones on the beach.”

“Best accidental deep dive ever!” Rainbow proclaimed, laying next to her new friend.

She was comfortable calling Adagio that after the first three hours of running around the resort. They had gotten a lot done in a short period of time because Adagio knew the place like the back of her hand. But it was really the next four hours that had cemented her fondness of the former siren.

Having gotten soaked in that first rescue dive made it quite easy to enjoy further aquatic attractions and Rainbow had to give her companion credit for intentionally not having them go for a change of clothes. Well, perhaps only to get into proper swimsuits. The monkey had slipped both their minds after the adrenaline from the near-death experience. It re-entered their minds later on but left again when they could find no trace of the strange beast.

Adagio had changed fundamentally in the years since CHS. She wasn't mean or spiteful. At least not in the villainous way she had been before. She could be snarky and critical, but she gave a champion's effort at trying to be friendly. Rainbow was all too grateful for that. The day would have outright sucked if Adagio didn't want it to work out. But, just as Sunset had predicted, this former siren really did want it to work. She wanted somebody to enjoy life with and Rainbow decided she had no problem filling that role.

Especially with that body.

Adagio glanced to her new friend and then rolled her eyes for the hundredth time. “Don't you ever get tired of ogling me?” she asked in faux exasperation.

In truth, it only bothered her at first. She had grown to like it in time, slowly realizing that she was proud someone thought her attractive. In spite of her gifted looks, she was usually overlooked by visitors and other staff merely on the grounds that she was depressive and could be physically matched by a few of the other staffers with sunnier dispositions.

“I was just thinking,” Rainbow remarked with a smirk that Adagio had seen much throughout the day, “that those starfish still got nothing on those pufferfish.”

Adagio followed Rainbow's suggestive stare down to her breasts and then looked back up to the lusty-eyed girl. “Has anyone ever told you that your innuendos are a little off?”

“Yeah,” Rainbow looked away and breathed out in defeat.

The young woman didn't think it some kind of victory, though. Quite the opposite. She moved to encourage her newfound friend by rolling over to her side and touching her arm. “I get what you're saying, though.”

Rainbow Dash looked into her eyes and saw the happiness that hadn't been there when they had met in the afternoon. Nightfall had brought with it a special glimmer in the girl's majestic red irises.

“And I like where you're going with it.”

The earnest tone in her voice made Rainbow's brows rise. She was surprised her teasing had been met so positively. Well, she had to admit to herself that it wasn't teasing so much as legitimate flirting. Who was she kidding? She really was attracted to Adagio physically and now she knew the girl didn't have such a bad personality either.

Feeling Adagio's hand stay on her arm and their eyes remain locked, Rainbow had no choice but to remark. “I'll warn you up front: I don't sell on the first date.”

“Does having a sexless sleepover count as selling?”

Inside her mind, Rainbow was doing victory flips and cartwheels. “Nope! Do I call the girls and tell them I'm staying over with you?”

Adagio smiled and it was not in the snarky manner she frequented. This was shy and demure and it almost gave Rainbow a heart failure. Though she had never admitted it to her friends, Rainbow loved sleepovers. It probably had something to do with unhealthy snacks and late night gaming, but the idea of having one with a hot reformed siren really took the cake. All memory of their troublesome past was buried and gone.

“Sure,” the siren nodded.

In hindsight, she couldn't point out to herself a single point where her opinion of Rainbow had changed. Maybe it had been when the girl got a leg cramp trying to pull her to shore. It had actually been Adagio who had saved Rainbow then. As much as she had been annoyed with the athlete previously, she wasn't about to let her just drown. The sincere gratitude Rainbow had for her the rest of the day had been predictable but still striking. Perhaps it was because her appreciation had born out with some strange mix of admiration and loyalty.

Twilight sighed as she handed a twenty dollar bill to her laughing wife.