• Published 26th Mar 2015
  • 4,404 Views, 183 Comments

A Gentleman's Price - A Gentleman for Mares Side Story - AJ Aficionado



Set in the Gentlemanverse and a sequel to "The Scent of Prey." Roseluck calls Richard back for another night, but this time she's playing for keeps.

Comments ( 21 )

Congratulations on finishing! This is a superb little story, and you ended it on just the right notes. It's been a pleasure to help with, and helps expand the lore of the Gentlemanverse. I think you've set up a couple more stories quite nicely, and I look forward to hearing more about Linky and snowball fights at a later point!

You have learned much since I first met you, Kohai. Very well done. :heart:

I enjoy this story and any that expand on the Gentlmanverse. Lets see where the future holds for the Gentlmanverse.:heart:

just awesome XD

Excellent finish (also, that's what she said)! A great from start to end!

6248122

A love letter to the Gentlemanverse? Oh, now you're just flattering me on purpose (thanks, though, it helps).

Well it is really. You reference a ton of this universe in your story. It's a very ambitious piece of work!

Oh, I'll keep writing. I just need a bit of a breather. Writing this was very fun and strangely cathartic. I've definitely got more stories in me and they're probably going to be even better than this. Thanks for the like, fave and follow. I'll see you over on A Gentleman in Training!

6247352 The Gentlemanverse is having an amazing year. My story was just about the only thing going on for a few months earlier in the year, but there are tons of options now! Besides what you see in the folders right now, there are at least one more being planned that features a mixed martial artist Gentleman. Then there is all the stuff DEL wants to do in the future... :twilightoops:

6248411 I'm really glad you enjoyed the entire story. :yay:

6248108 Thank you! :twilightsmile:

6247265 Aww, thank you! :scootangel: I hope to keep on learning with each new story. I'm still not entirely sure how I'll remake Siege of Castle Harmony, but in time I will. Given the setup of the last story, I might actually be able to do something more classically adventurous like Feathered Heart and leave Siege in its own separate universe. For now, I look forward to reading other people's hard work, and continuing to proofread for you and Denim Blue.

And so I reach the end of another Gentlemen-verse fic, and one that ended very well.

Kinda wanting a Linky fic now, though...

6635983

I kinda disagree with this statement, especially in this 'verse, seeing as there are herds with humans in them around.

I'll adjust the wording; I agree the wording isn't clear.

While there are humans that join herds... (cringe)... sorry. :pinkiesick: While some join them, Richard is absolutely not on board with it. Some humans can bend their sexuality to accept multiple partners, but Richard takes relationships deadly serious having already been burned badly by Blossomforth. (Alliteration!) Sorry for the blanket statement; it does look a bit preachy and inaccurate.

So why doesn't Linky drink? Is there a story behind it, or is it just a preference?

It's a reference to Genghis Khan, a nod to the great barbarian warlord of the 13th century and inspiration for her character in The Siege of Castle Harmony: my third story and failed effort. She's evolved quite a bit since that story, but she kept the temperance as a nod to Siege. If you like Linky, give it a look, but don't expect greatness.

And so I reach the end of another Gentlemen-verse fic, and one that ended very well.

Kinda wanting a Linky fic now, though...

I want one too! Don't worry, I'll write one eventually.

Glad you liked my story! :twilightsmile:

6965328 That's a good question actually! To answer your question, yes. Though, to be honest, it does strike me as a little odd that he doesn't have his own. Granted, S&M isn't really Richard's thing, but there are some kinky mares out there! :duck:

I must say this is a perfect story I love it now if this were only a true story.:pinkiesad2:

7269328 Thanks for all the comments. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

7346820 It's about time someone caught that! :rainbowlaugh:

I'm glad you're having fun with this. :twilightsmile:

7347030 I really love this chapter. I mean I hated writing it because I'd only had the idea of Richard and Rose going there to bang and the story ending. Once I started writing, I realized that was ridiculous and I'd really have to go in deep on the thestrals and build on the universe by referencing the Gentleman For Mares parent story as well and adding a conflict later on. The headcanon was deemed good enough to be accepted by my friend and teacher into his own story, Before The Storm: The Rise of Firefly, who plans on replicating the tactics and adding some cool ideas of his own like them being carnivorous, as well as having contributed to victory in a war against the griffins.

7473678

I'm glad you enjoyed them! :twilightsmile:

I love anything to do with the gentlemanverse and these were nice little side stories great job :)

8302162
The early part of this story has serious issues. I'll tackle that tomorrow. :facehoof:

Too sweet!
Happy endings are always best.

Whew! A nice knot to finish the story. Just great.

And there's seem to be a sequel. Hooray!

If Roseluck and Richard were voiced, what would they sound like?

9414080
This will sound strange but I kinda have Roseluck pegged as sounding like Mickey Minaj.

Richard? He's from New Jersey.

10756970
The comment box seemed to eat half my comment. I was actually wondering if the Goldie-Lilly relationship was part of the plot or not.

10757206
It's a resolution for the B plot involving Rose and Lily.

Login or register to comment