• Published 21st Jan 2015
  • 1,582 Views, 423 Comments

The fall of Mareitania: Operation FreeMare - The Hand of Pony



Twilight is tasked with tearing down the tyrannical duchy of Mareitania. No problem right?

  • ...
11
 423
 1,582
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
PreviousChapters
Comments ( 15 )

8218409
yes but she sends twilight there to do something about the situation, be honest at the start of this stroy what could twilight really do to make them change there ways, hug them into reformation? no celestia sent 4 civilians into a hostile country hopeing they would incite a rebellion

8218489
Well, three civillians and one mare who always seems to ass-pull a victory when it counts. The one black mark on her record is the changeling thing with Starlight and Thorax. I honestly can imagine Luna saying the same thing you are and then Celestia’s like “I have no idea what she’s going to do, but I’ll swear off cake for a year if it’s not better than whatever we could come up with.”

8219082
well to be fair to twi they’re changelings there kinda hard to spot chrysy not included

8222205
Unless Equestria (or the world thereof) considers putting a defeated or helpless enemy to death a war crime. In that case, then the enemy is not helpless, but it was helpless to stop her.

8222455
That's your concern? If a sniper shoots are you from a kilometer away, there's really nothing you can do, especially if you're unsuspecting - you are, by your definition helpless. By everyone else's -including international law's- definition, this is not a war crime. Twilight denied area to an enemy force and did so, knowing that if she did not, they would overrun the area and use it against her. Further, international law recognizes that any means you can use to kill enemy soldiers, so long as they are more-or-less humane and obey all other international laws and agreements, may be employed. This means that -as Twilight is actively involved in a war and those are enemy soldiers who hold hostile intent- she is allowed to use whatever means -provided they remain within international laws and agreements- to engage and destroy her enemies.

8432280
You ever seen Smosh's "The End of Christmas Part 1"? Anthony's reaction was funny.

8432944
Gee fimfic, good job giving me a notification on getting messages so I don't reply almost a week after getting them. Fml. Anyway, that was pretty much true to life for me trying JD. Also tequila, but that might actually have been even worse.

Comment posted by Zeprto678 deleted Oct 5th, 2017

So Trixie has dormant feelings for Twilight yet she doesn't want to admit it and she's worried that Twilight isn't into mares. Is that correct? Maybe you should have them dating each other somewhere in the sequel.

why so little popular?

is very good.

This needs a comedy tag...

I absolutely loved this story. It was deep, strategic, kept me riveted for the next event and delivered in every step. Great work.

i binge-read this V:<
i loved it >:V

This was a fantastic read! When the whole immortality thing came around I got very sceptical, but I'm so glad this fic went the more serious route with it (I've seen so many fics where it's like "lol just kidding" and then everyone was immediately fine again -- that isn't how it works).

I also love that it wasn't just about the fighting/battles, but also a lot of political stuff, characters dealing with stuff, and when the time was right: the banter in this is god-tier. At some point Twilight and... I think Octavia start taking jabs at each other's favourite book series, not really something I expected but it does prove that when done right, you can totally have some comedy in a fic like this.

At some point it's mentioned this fic only had ~50 likes or so, thank you Hand of Pony for still continuing it!

Login or register to comment