• Published 2nd Jan 2015
  • 3,891 Views, 668 Comments

Shanghai'd! - Sorcerer



Spike and Fluttershy accidentally end up on a pirate ship and embark a high-seas adventure to the mysterious Blacklands! Join Spike as he and his friends discover uncharted lands and go on a quest to destroy an ancient dark power before it awakens!

  • ...
33
 668
 3,891
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
PreviousChapters
Comments ( 28 )

what an impressive strike o.o

Comment posted by Closet-Bronie-333 deleted Dec 11th, 2016

Gin pounded on Rummy's breathless chest, trying to rouse him as if he had been pulling some prank. "Rummy! Rummy! Rum-... RUMMY, WAKE UP!"
Gin sobbed, clutching Rummy in her arms. "Wake up..."

Holy hell, that ending

I'm really worried about Gin now. This, is going to mess her up and stay with her.

Not to mention Pisces... Just lost the closest pony to him

I hope the generals pay for this, when the time comes




In other news you've outdone yourself yet again! Keep up the good work

7799980

Hehe! Glad you're enjoying the series! :twilightsmile:

7799934

The Generals are all in a league of their own. Based on the skills of Spike and company at this point in the series... they're seriously outgunned. And with Gin inheriting Rummy's Brand, the timeskip will be a period of training for her.

7883599

Yeah... they are...

I will read this at some point. But, hey, if the description is to be believed, it won't end until at least 2021.

Comment posted by Sorcerer deleted Feb 28th, 2017

7984120

Apologies, I thought you were talking about the latest chapter. Moreau and Durand are brothers.

Awesome chapter as always (rip Rummy ):raritycry:

This is a spike story right because there's more chapters about oc then spike himself like seriously 😒

8371556
Would it be better if every single chapter was about Spike? Honestly, I don't think so. If every character was flat, save for Spike, there would be no real interaction between him and the new environment he's found himself in. Keep in mind, Spike may be the main character, but OC's are the lifeblood of the series. This is why OC is listed on the roster, not because they're just props, but because they're living beings that deserve as much time as Spike. And, come to think of it, you already know a lot about Spike as a viewer of the show, so there's never any need for explanation when we're talking about Spike's backstory. The OC's, on the other hand, need explanation.

Now, I've left this story be for almost a year now, but I occasionally check up on its statistics. Sorry if I've barraged you with a huge volume of words, but I'm very passionate when it comes to my original characters. I don't think they are any less important than Spike, and that was my main idea when writing the first chapters so long ago.

8371859
Yeah but you add oc in the middle of a oc chapter and you repeated that so many times I mean one at a time it's like playing a game in fallout there's the main story (spike) then there's side quest (oc) you finish the main story 1st or at least don't start side quest in the middle of other missions it's just to confusing and annoying

8377073
It's not productive to paint a small picture on such a large canvas. A linear story wouldn't fit such a huge world.

8378759
Yes but atleast finish the main picture 1st

How the fuck is it that damn long yet remain unfinished?! Seriously how long have you worked on this?!

9176368
Well, you got me on all accounts there. Looking back on my work from three years ago, I'm just as disappointed as you, honestly haha. I was a rookie then, as we all once were. Hell, I still am now. But thanks for helping me out nonetheless. Luckily, I still visit this page from time to time just to reminisce. Things were a lot simpler back then haha, and so was my writing. Still, seeing all my old work really helps me appreciate how far I've come. Your rant is justified; I tell myself the exact same thing when I read it. Thanks for the feedback, man.

9180164

Oh, uh, your welcome! Never got a reply notification... strange.
Sorry if I sounded harsh, it was just a trope I'd seen a few too many times in other fics as well.

9322234
Ahah, it's cool man. Barely use this site anymore. It's been like two years now, haha. I recommend you check out my current stuff: wholly original and much higher quality.

Here's a link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/168609196-yonder

This is one I'm currently working on.

Uh, it'd been FOUR years! Is this dead or...

Man I went hunting for this story depressed to realize that it's dead it was really good too

11126142
I will reiterate.

WHY IS THIS DEAD?

Login or register to comment