• Published 4th May 2012
  • 5,271 Views, 252 Comments

Martin's Unreal Life - CrypticMetaphor



Martin returns home after winter wrap, until The Six decide its time for them to cross over with him

  • ...
12
 252
 5,271

Chapter 19: Resolution & Banishment

Sortitus and Aequivalere were still pushing their individual beams into Discords own beam which caused the already damaged garage interior to crumble and break. All three of the combatants noticed this bit made no move to cease their power struggle; soon the foundations began to succumb to the stress and began to break along with the roof which began to break apart.

*

Martin could barely breathe or see straight, his body was in complete agony and every breath hurt his ribcage to the point of his vision flaring brightly. Sounds came to him in a mixture of loud and quiet in quick succession and he could taste copper which he knew was a REALLY bad sign. He managed to see Eris advancing upon the six who were actually trying to keep her at bay with various techniques and he hoped what he saw was not a dead Alan. Eris threw the six aside with a telekinetic wave of her hand and levitated the same pipe that Alan was using and transformed it into a spear.

Eris then began to speak in a maniac sing-song voice, “All the little ponies lying on grass…”

Martin felt something cold next to his hand and saw a handgun, he soon realized that the car he had crashed into was a squad car.

Eris raised the spear toward Rainbow Dash, “…didn’t know how long their lives would last…”

Martin picked the gun up with as much strength as he could muster and leveled it with Eris’s back.

Eris smiled maliciously as she raised the spear above her head, “…while they lay praying their hope would last…”

Martin put the safety off with a heavy heart and inhaled.

Eris then yelled in glee, “…Eris ended their lives FAST!!”

Martin fired the gun.

*

Sortitus looked around as the garage began to cave in around all of them, “AEQUIVALERE! We must take this bout to a different local lest we be crushed!”

Discord saw this as well as he disintegrated in a flash of light, Sortitus on the other hand fired upwards and flew through the hole he made with his brother at his heels. Soon both Aspects were above ground and in the sky when they heard a loud explosion coming from where the battle between Eris had moved.

*

They say the things that are the worst happen in slow motion almost like the universe itself wants you to witness them in every detail. When Martin fired the gun Eris heard the shot and turned around to face it. She raised her hand and deflected the bullet into the damaged car that fell out of the building that was a few feet from her. Unfortunately the engine was exposed and was leaking fluid which immediately combusted and exploded. Since Eris was coated in sewage and the explosion took her off guard the sewage combusted on her as the fire nailed her full and sent her flying into a tree very hard.

The barrier disintegrated freeing the princesses who saw that Twilight had erected a shield to protect them from the explosion. Celestia immediately flew over to Martin and bathed him in a magic light which began to heal him immediately when the battle had ceased various on lookers that were hiding came to look at what had transpired.

Martin stood up and inhaled deeply, “Magic is the best medicine”

Celestia smiled but her expression turned grim as she turned around and saw the prone body of Eris.

The six and both princesses walked to her and stared in sorrow as AJ bent down and examined her. Eris’s dress was now burnt tatters and her skin was badly burnt in some sections and she wasn’t breathing.

Applejack took her hat off in respect, “ah’m sorry Lupe. I didn’t mean fer all of this tah happen.”

All of a sudden Eris moved sharply and inhaled sharply as she levitated herself into the standing position and stood on uneasy feet. She shakily shambled to the left and then the right like a drunk before looking at AJ with cold eyes that seemed to stare into the blonde haired girl.

Eris then said quietly, “redneck…”

She then grabbed AJ and flew into the sky with her at breakneck speed.

Martin stared after them both and yelled in frustration until Celestia placed a hand on his shoulder, “You’re not done yet.”, her hand then glowed with the power and brightness of the sun as Martin was bathed in its glow which soon subsided and he felt energised and felt something familiar.

Martin looked at Celestia, “How long?”

Celestia stared at him, “An hour, so make it last.”

Twilight looked at Martin seriously, “go save Applejack, we’ll be right behind you.”

Martin nodded as he shot into the air like a bullet, “IT”S GOOD TO BE BACK!”

*

Eris was levitating Applejack in front of her and was muttering incoherently as AJ looked at her with fear, “Lupe, SNAP OUTTA IT!!”

Eris regarded AJ for a moment and until she noticed Martin fly up, “Lupe, stop this now! This isn’t you!”

Eris looked down and noticed several bystanders below then looked at Martin, “why do you care for her so much…”

Martin stared at her, “I love her and I don’t want you to go down the road you’re going down now because there is no turning back from it!”

Eris dropped AJ immediately and hurled herself at him as they flew through the air in a grapple and crashed through several buildings.

*

Sortitus flew in from the east and caught AJ, “What’s it with you ponies and falling off of things?”

AJ looked off where the melee was taking place between Martin and Lupe with worry, “Sortitus you need tah help him!”

Sortitus shook his head, “It’s his fight and he MUST face her alone.”

AJ was let down onto the ground as the group assembled before them.

Celestia brought Sortitus into a hug, “Thank you for your help master.”

Sortitus smiled and hugged her back, “Anytime.”

Celestia let him go with a bashful look, “Sorry about that.”

Sortitus nodded, “You seem troubled.”

Pinkie ran to him, “THE ELEMENTS AREN’T WORKING!!”

Sortitus thought for a second, “It’s not that, the bridge just disrupted them slightly because it changed their shape.”

Aequivalere stared at them all, “do not despair; they just need time to warm up. I say about two more minutes at best.”

Discord appeared behind them all, “Question is will you still be around for that long.”

*

Eris and Martin crashed into the ground and stood immediately as Eris looked at him with rage, “STOP GETTING IN MY WAY!!”

Eris then hurled a pipe at Martin which he caught and threw aside, “I won’t fight you…”

Eris shrieked in absolute hysteric rage as she levitated objects in varying size and continued to hurl them at Martin who kept deflecting, dodging and catching them. He slowly began to advance on her as SWAT vans pulled up around them as officers piled out and leveled their weapons with both Martin and Eris.

Eris looked around and saw all the officers and civilians and snapped, “LEAVE ME ALONE!!!”

She then raised her hands and ripped shards of glass and metal from the ground and created a cyclone that began to expand slowly outwards ripping more sharp objects and causing more damage and injuries to unfortunate bystanders and officers. Martin broke through the wall of the cyclone as Eris stared in his direction but not AT him.

Eris seethed at the sight of him as she hurled a tide of shrapnel at Martin which shredded his clothing and caused cuts on his skin as he tried to force his way through the continuous tide.

Eris yelled at him through tears, “I’LL KILL YOU!!!”

Martin forced his way through her attack as she pulled off her circlet and transformed it into a bowie knife and went to stab him. Martin grabbed her wrist and squeezed causing her to let go of the knife, he then embraced her in a hug which caused her eyes to widen in surprise.

Martin then spoke in a quiet voice, “Lupe, I may not feel the same way as you do toward me but I care too much for you to stand by and let you become a monster.”

Eris’s eyes flickered back to their original colour for a second as Martin continued, “Lupe Stewart, remember her and how she was caring, laughed and had the prettiest eyes and hair. She would never have done all of this…”, he hugged her tighter, “…Please stop.”

Eris looked around at what was around her as her head seemed to feel like it was about to split in half. She saw all of the frightened faces staring at her in fear as she remembered something from a while back.

Martin and Lupe stared into each other’s eyes. Martin’s dark green eyes stared into Lupe’s mismatched yet exotic eyes with a calmed smile; Lupe looked away with a slight blush as Martin slowly followed suit. But soon a hand touched the side of his face which caused him to turn and look once more at Lupe’s face which soon pressed against his in a light kiss.

Eris…no, Lupe was the name she was born with. Lupe’s eyes and hair transformed back to what they were originally as the cyclone dropped and she broke down into sobs of anguish and pain for what she almost did and because of her injuries.

Lupe looked up at Martin as she fell to her knees, “I…I…I’m sorry.”

Martin hugged her close as he flew into the air, “it’s alright…we’ll get you help.”

*

Sortitus and Discord blasted each other as Aequivalere and the princesses shielded the six from Discord to buy them some more time.

Discord smiled, “You are always so serious, you never laughed at my jokes!”

Sortitus countered immediately, “Because you were never funny.”

Discord gritted his teeth in anger as he intensified the blast which began to push its way toward Sortitus. It eventually reached him as it blasted The Aspect of Destiny off of his feet as he landed hard on the ground.

Discord looked down in surprise then a look of glee appeared on his face as he jumped and yelled, “I’VE WON!!!!”

Sortitus looked at him, “sorry to burst you bubble, but our most powerful move has yet to be made.”

Upon saying that to him, Discord looked in shock at the shield which was giving off a familiar glow, “no…”

He turned his head as he saw Alan with Martin and Lupe behind him, “No!”

The six leveled their fists with Discord who was immediately held in place by the combined efforts of Martin and Sortitus as they both yelled, “DO IT!”

Alan smiled, “no way!”

The elements fired and plowed into Sortitus, Discord and Martin. Discord screamed as he began to turn to stone once more.

Discord looked at Marin, “I WON’T FORGET THIS!!”

Martin looked at him, “next time I see you I’m gonna deck you for what you did!”

Discord froze into stone once more with the depiction of still being held and with a look of horror on his face.

Alan ran to the ponies, “THAT WAS AMAZING!!”

Rainbow slapped him across the face, “OW!”

She then grabbed his shirt collar, “If you do that again, I WILL hit you harder.”

Alan looked down but Rainbow smiled, “I meant that stupid stunt you pulled.”

Alan smiled at the Rainbow haired girl only for Sortitus to clear his throat, “This is a good moment but I’m afraid we must fix this damage and get Lupe some medical attention immediately.”

Aequivalere raised his hand, “I guess it’s my turn to fix things?”

Sortitus nodded as The Aspect of Balance walked a little forward as he raised his hands only for Twilight to raise her hand, “Excuse me.”

Aequivalere regarded her, “Yes Twilight Sparkle?”

She shuffled a little in embarrassment, “Could we…see your face?”

Rarity nodded, “Indeed, we have seen Sortitus’ face but not yours.”

Aequivalere didn’t respond, he merely pulled his hood off in a quick motion and everyone gasped in wonder. His head was humanoid but he was completely different from his brothers in appearance, his hair was shoulder length and looked to be made out of white starlight that was in constant fluid like motion. He had no features and his skin was black as a void but within the void were numerous stars in varying colours and size. And his eyes were something to behold for they were both miniature quasars that were constantly spinning at a snail’s pace.

Applejack whistled, “I gotta say Princess Luna, he is DEFINATLY yer teacher”

Luna nodded, “indeed.”

Aequivalere raised his hands as they were revealed to be gloved in black but they all knew if they were uncovered that they would look the same as his skin on his face. He then warned them all to cover their eyes which they did. Soon his voice informed them that they could open them, Sortitus was gone along with the statue and Aequivalere.

Martin looked at Lupe who groaned in agony, “Come on…we have to get her help.”

*

One Month Later

Martin was sitting in his house with Applejack and the six who refused to leave because they wanted to stay with him until Lupe came back from the hospital. Soon a van pulled up outside and Alan disembarked with both Princesses and Lupe in tow. When they door opened Lupe walked in with much shorter hair and a small smile. Celestia mentioned that she healed the burn tissue as best as she could, this was revealed to be true because a few patches of Lupe’s skin were lighter than the rest of it.

She smiled as she sat down, “hey girls.”

Applejack placed a hand on her shoulder, “Before ya ask, ah forgive ya.”

Lupe looked at her, “really?”

AJ nodded, “You weren’t in yer right mind so no hard feelings.”

Lupe looked at her and Martin then smiled, “Just treat him right and make him happy.”

AJ nodded, “Alright.”

All of a sudden the front door opened as Sortitus and Aequivalere entered quietly. Soon they all noticed their entrance and smiled at them and were about to greet them until they noticed that Sortitus wore a grim look.

Martin looked at Sortitus, “what’s wrong?”

Sortitus sighed, “Lupe’s power trip caused the holes that were already present in the dimensional wall to become larger.”

Alan stared at them, “That’s bad right?”

Aequivalere nodded, “It gets worse unfortunately. Lupe has become an anomaly in the natural order that must be corrected.”

Martin stood up, “What?!”

Sortitus stepped forward, “Not only that but she must serve penance for what she has done. That is until the time is right.”

Sortitus approached Lupe and placed his hand upon her head which soon caused her to drop in pain as she grasped it, “AHHHHH!!!!”

Sortitus regarded her with a cold glare and pointed at her as she vanished in a flash of white.

Martin grabbed The Aspect by his cloak, “WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO!?”

Sortitus stared unflinchingly at Martin, “I banished her from Earth to Equestria until the damage she did is repaired. Until that time she will never be able to use the bridge and for her punishment I have given her a powerful gift of empathy. She will now feel the emotions of all things around her until I deem she has learned her lesson-“

Martin threw Sortitus into the wall as he stumbled, “SHE APOLOGIZED FOR WHAT SHE DID!”


Martin then seethed at Sortitus, “I thought you were my friend but now I see what you really are. You treat all of us as nothing more than game pieces on a board being moved by your will!”

He then pointed at The Aspect, “I am tired of your condescending attitude to everything and you’re RIDDLES! DON’T YOU EVER ENTER MY LIFE AGAIN!”

Sortitus said nothing which irked Martin more, “do you hear me! DO YOU HEAR ME!”

Sortitus nodded, “Very well, I shall not bother you again. But I will assist you if you need me.”

Sortitus turned to leave with his brother as he said two words before vanishing, “I’m sorry.”

Martin sat down as Celestia walked to him, “I shall take Lupe to Canterlot so we can help her to adjust.”

Twilight looked after her teacher as she walked to the closet to open the door, “come on girls, let’s go home for now.”

They all nodded as they followed the Princesses through the bridge but AJ lingered, “I’m here for ya Sugercube.”

Martin smiled at her as he gave her a quick peck, “Thank you, I’ll see you all in three weeks.”

Soon the house only had Alan and Martin within it as Alan looked at Martin.

Alan smiled, “Hey dude can I ask you something?”

Martin looked at him, “Sure dude.”

Alan spoke with determination, “Can I go with you to Equestria?”

Martin thought for a second, “Sure, wouldn’t be a party without Alan Washington.”

Alan pointed at him, “Damn right!”



Epilogue

Sortitus sat in The Sanctuary troubled as Phobos and Aequivalere stared at him.

Phobos asked first, “You stopped Discord why are you troubled?”

Sortitus sighed, “Because that was merely a fraction of my vision.”

Aequivalere stared at him, “But you said the vision depicted the Martin being attacked by an unknown assailant, Earth being in chaos and-“

Sortitus shook his head, “THOSE parts of my vision have not come to fruition yet.”

Phobos’ eyes widened, “Which means Martin-“

Sortitus nodded once more, “they are ALL still in danger.”

continued in Martin: Dark Inferno

Comments ( 23 )

It's as if you're begging me to type "Martin, you're doomed" here.

I have no idea what your talking about :)

All this need now is a Theme Tune to play at the end.

As Shao Khan put it: "well done"

excellent end to a continuing story!

Wooooho! Finally! It's over now i can go back to RL and make some f- *reads the ending*

Wooooho! Back to my home to read all day and night.

Oh my god you bastard, how could you do this?! Oh well, just means more story to look forward to

1038974 Mother of God...PREPARE THE ANTI-TROLL MISSILES! :flutterrage:

1048722 You can never stop the trolls! *Insert dramatic DUN-DUN-DUN music here* :trollestia::1038974 I agree with Gandalf. (Or whatever his name is) :trollestia:

pretty good sir and you probably haven't herd from me in a while i was offline reading a 600k story that didn't have a ending :fluttershbad:

and i almost forgot about this story i'm glad i didnt i needed a action story with a side dish of romance :ajsmug:

I SUDDENLY DON'T REMEMBER WHEN I POSTED MY COMMENTS!!!
*Opens Picture Folder*
anongallery.org/img/5/4/the-fuck-was-that-the-fuck-is-this.jpg

3863523
Bingo, No magic, no power

3863526 therefore his power resets when he leaves
or does he store it

3863526 Ah. I was being stupid back then xP

3885330 Do you watch Venturiantale, if you don't I highly recommend that you do

That might be the single most depressing ending I've read in any of the adventure stories on here. Good job, gonna get onto reading the next sequel now.

This was a great sequel. Very different and original from the first, with loads of drama in the mix. Well Written. This has received the David Crespo stamp of approval.

Login or register to comment