• Published 4th May 2012
  • 5,271 Views, 252 Comments

Martin's Unreal Life - CrypticMetaphor



Martin returns home after winter wrap, until The Six decide its time for them to cross over with him

  • ...
12
 252
 5,271

Chapter 11: Making Sense

Lupe sat down and began to exchange pleasantries with the six as Martin and Alan stood in the kitchen observing the events unfold before them.

Martin turned to Alan, “I got to say she’s hitting it off pretty well with the girls

Alan gave him a mock surprised look, “And you doubted this?”

Martin shook his head, “Nah, it’s just that back in high school I remember her giving me the eyes sometimes, I thought she might be a little hostile or jealous”

Alan scoffed at the comment, “Dude that was high school, she’s probably seen the error of her ways”

Martin narrowed his eyes, “did you just insult me?”

Alan smiled innocently in response; soon the party began to wind down around midnight as Alan and Lupe bid Martin and the six farewells and headed back to their individual homes. Martin assisted the six in cleaning up the party decorations all the while focusing on Lupe’s arrival and the question Applejack had given him, would he ask one of them to be his special somepony? The thought of it was too confusing and mind boggling so he put it in the back of his mind as he continued to clean.

*

Lupe walked in silence as she thought about Martin as his new “friends”; there was just something odd about them in general…especially the pink one. She then stopped near a street corner and sighed, she knew thinking bad things about other people was a bad habit one should not get into, but she just knew something was off about them.

Lupe leaned against a street sign, “Should I tell him that I still…no, that would just be to awkward…,” she smiled, “Besides he’s probably found someone already, maybe it’s one of those six girls…”

Lupe then continued down the street mumbling to herself completely unaware that a certain individual with white hair and a weird trench coat had been listening to her monologue and became very intrigued when she mentioned a guy that had six girls with him. The person chuckled slightly as he began to follow the woman with a renewed spring in his step.

*

Lupe unlocked the door to her apartment and looked around her living room; she deposited her coat on the rack by the door and sat down on the couch and flicked on T.V.

“So this is what passes for a home here…doesn’t seem like much”

Lupe jumped out of her skin as she looked in the direction of the voice and gasped, a slender twenty year old guy with white unkempt hair was reclining casually on her windowsill looking down at the street below, and this surprised her more since she was on the twentieth floor. Her eyes were drawn to the trench coat he was wearing that was made of patches of every known fabric and the fact he wore black loafers along with matching dress casual pants and a muscle shirt, he had to be a gangster or something. He then turned to look at her with the weirdest eyes, yellow sclera with red irises, which caused her to jump back in fright.

The Stranger just laughed, “Yes, I have that effect on beings”, He then hopped down onto the floor and looked around with interest at all the strange items then at Lupe, “such odd things you have here miss?”

Lupe hesitantly spoke at Discord, “L..Lupe”

Discord approached Lupe and looked at her eyes with great intrigue, “My my, what nice eyes, one blue and the other green”, he then smiled, “It’s so unique”

Lupe took a step back, “Yeah…it’s more of a birth defect, who are you?”

Discord had ignored her and walked over to her computer and began to tap random keys until a window opened and began to play a song.

He then turned toward her and smiled almost evilly, “I am known as Discord”, he then snapped his fingers and a glass of chocolate milk appeared in his hands as he drank the glass and crushed the milk against his head like an aluminum can and tossed it out the window.

Lupe was still fearful of this new stranger, “What do you want with me?”

Discord thought for a second…then reverted back to his true form which caused Lupe to fall over the back of her couch with a yelp as he spoke, “Well, I need a guide to show me around this world and a place to stay”

Lupe came up from behind the couch, “and why the HELL should I help…whatever you are?”

Discord then took on a sly grin and appeared beside Lupe in his human form, “Because I can help you Lupe”

Lupe looked at the completely strange being as he continued, “You want a special somepony to call your own and I can give you what you want in a snap”, to emphasize this, he snapped his fingers and conjured forth a heart shaped card that had “Lupe + Insert name here”

Lupe just stared at him, “Why should I believe you…wait, why am I even talking to you, this doesn’t make any sense”

Discord then levitated in the air and laid on his back, “Now my dear Lupe, where is the fun in making sense?”

Lupe was about to answer when Discord landed, “I overheard you talking about a guy with six girls, by any chance would this guy be by the name of Martin?”

Lupe shook her head, “No, what of it?”

Discord shrugged, “no reason, it’s just that I know those six “girls” and I’ve been looking for them”

Lupe looked at him skeptically, “really”

Discord nodded and snapped his fingers and conjured a window revealing a view portal looking at Martin and the six finishing up the cleaning, “does this answer your question?”

Lupe looked at him then the window, “how did you know where Martin was even though I didn’t tell you?”

Discord smiled in victory, “because you just told me I was right”

Lupe cursed under her breath as she looked at the window in two minutes of silence, “are those girls like you?”

Discord nodded, “hiding under a false appearance and walking among your kind? That would be a big fat yes”, Discord then tapped the window and ripples went through it and revealed the six’s true forms for a mere instance which shocked Lupe entirely

Lupe just shook her head, “It’s not possible”

Discord nodded, “Oh, it’s possible my dear”

Lupe looked at him, “What exactly do you mean by you’ll help me get Martin?”

Discord clapped his hands in glee as the window vanished, “well it’s quite simple, you see those six ponies have a tendency to snare others with shows of magnificence, kindness, beauty, skill and fun”, he then gestured to Lupe, “unfortunately for you it comes natural for them, but I can fix that”

Lupe looked slightly intrigued which caused Discords smile to get more devious as he realized he had caught her attention, “well I can give you something that can trump all that with ease, all you need to do is allow me to take up temporary residence here, do we have a deal?”

Lupe looked at him with a neutral expression, “how do I know you’ll keep your word?”

Discord then mumbled something about remembering a phrase, he then made gestures with the next words he spoke, “Cross my heart and hope to fly stick a cupcake in my eye”, he then raised his hand, “Shake on it?”

Lupe looked confused for a second then sighed, she still doesn’t know why she did what she did, maybe it was the way he worded his proposal or maybe deep down she desperately wanted Martin by any means, but she raised her hand to shake Discord’s. When her hand made contact with his, an electric shock ran through her entire body causing every one of her nerves to spike in activity for a second and then it subsided.

Lupe pulled away and looked at her hand, “what did you do to me?!”

Discord threw her pencil from her computer desk which she caught, then the pencil transformed into a snake and Lupe dropped it with a gasp. Discord then picked it up and transformed it into a gummy worm and ate it, he then picked up another pencil and pointed it at Lupe.

Discord then spoke in a tone a teacher would to his student, “I have given you the ability to alter reality”, Lupe was about to talk until he cut her off, “But only to an extent, I have limited you to only alter objects that already are in existence into whatever you see fit, give it a more practiced try”

Lupe took the pencil in her hand and transformed it into a spork, then a letter opener and finally a rose, “THIS IS AMAZING!”

Discord smiled in satisfaction, “glad you like it”, he then looked around, “so where do I sleep?”

Lupe pointed down the hall, “guest room is the second door on the right and it’s a bit cramped though”

Discord nodded and left to his room leaving Lupe to further practice her abilities.

*

Martin awoke the next morning to Rainbow Dash shaking him, “Uhhh…What is it Dash?”

Rainbow looked concerned, “come downstairs and see for yourself”

Martin then quickly got dressed and ran downstairs to see Sortitus sitting on his couch with the six sitting across from him, upon seeing Martin entering he stood up and spoke in a serious tone, “I have news”