• Published 4th May 2012
  • 5,271 Views, 252 Comments

Martin's Unreal Life - CrypticMetaphor



Martin returns home after winter wrap, until The Six decide its time for them to cross over with him

  • ...
12
 252
 5,271

Chapter 12: What A Girl Wants

Sortitus stared at Martin with a deadpan look which Martin returned with a serious one. Martin had become accustomed to Sortitus and his uninvited visits from time to time over the course of the two months he had been going back and forth between Earth and Equestria. Usually it was him either asking about how Martin was adjusting or talking to him and the six about the days of the past when he helped Celestia and Luna in their youth alongside his brother, but the strange thing was the fact he never REALLY got into much detail on the subject. But judging by the way he was looking at him, Martin had a feeling he had news of a most unfortunate nature but this theory vanished almost completely when a small grin appeared.

Sortitus gave Martin a slap on the back as he led Martin over to the couches, Martin sat with the six as Sortitus sat on the adjacent couch and addressed them with a the same grin, “the looks on your faces are most amusing”

Everyone just looked at the aspect confused as Sortitus chuckled, “You know sometimes when I show up I don’t always bring prophecies of doom and gloom, this news is actually good with a slight bit of bad which isn’t really anything”, he then waved his hand, “But I digress, I’m here concerning the new bridge”

Twilight smiled instantly, “What’s the news?”

Sortitus leaned forward, “It seem there are some fragments from the old one still lingering around which will make construction much easier, all I have to do is fill in the blanks with equal size shards and…I’m not really going to get into it because trans dimensional mechanics is beyond comprehension “

Fluttershy raised her hand, “Um but what does it mean...if you don’t mind me asking”

Sortitus smiled at her, “not at all, it means the bridge will most likely be done in two months’ time and as I said, this one will allow Equestrians and Humans to travel back and forth between worlds without fear of collapsing”

All of the six got up and began bouncing in a circle whooping with joy, Martin however stayed put and addressed the elephant in the room, “so what’s the bad portion you mentioned?”

Sortitus sighed, “As I said it’s nothing to be concerned about, but if you must know, the fragments of the old bridge flared on both sides for an instance and nothing more”

Rarity cast him a concerned look, “But didn’t you say that the bridge was supposed to be inactive?”

Sortitus just leaned back, “As I said it’s nothing, the last of the energy’s present are merely firing off with nowhere to go”

Martin just nodded, “and you’re not concerned about this?”

Sortitus shook his head, “As I said, it’s nothing to be concerned about if something had happened I would have sensed it”

Martin stood and approached him, “I appreciate you coming to tell us this dude”

Sortitus nodded, “Don’t mention it…dude”

Martin chuckled as Sortitus used traditional slang, the way he had said it could only be described as someone learning a new word in a foreign language and used it for the first time.

Pinkie immediately brought the aspect into a friendly hug, “You know what this calls for?”

Rainbow grinned, “I can guess”

*

Lupe was walking side by side with Discord, who was currently drinking back a bottle of Mountain Dew and wearing black wrap around sunglasses, “I must say this beverage is delicious”; he then made a mental note to make a set of cotton candy clouds to rain it during his take over.

Lupe was too busy practising on transforming a rock she was holding into, so far she just finished turning it into a diamond ring when they approached the driveway of Martin’s house, it was currently eleven forty-five in the morning when they both noticed lights going off in the house.

*

Martin hung up the phone after inviting Alan to the party; Sortitus had to leave because he had to continue the bridges construction much to Pinkie’s disappointment. It still amazed him how fast she could organize a party out of thin air, but he just reasoned it was because that it was just Pinkie Pie being Pinkie Pie. He then heard a knock on the door which interrupted his train of thought; he opened the door to reveal Lupe and a strange man with her.

Martin just raised an eyebrow at the man in the weird coat, “Hi Lupe, who’s this?”

Lupe thought quickly, “Oh this is…”

The Man answered quickly, “Desmond Dew at your service”

Martin looked a bit confused, “….”

Lupe then gave “Desmond” a “you really went with that as your name?” look then addressed Martin, “Just wanted to come by to talk if that’s alright?”

Martin looked into the house then back at Lupe, “sure”, he then gestured for Desmond to enter, “We’re having a party, care to join us?”

Desmond smiled, “I’m always one for a good party”

Martin then shut the door as he stepped onto the doorstep, “what’s up?”

Lupe blushed slightly, “I wanted to know if you maybe wanted to go see a movie later this afternoon?”

Martin took on a very surprised expression

*

The six turned their heads when they saw a new face enter the living room wearing a very odd coat which Rarity immediately got queasy by just looking at it, the stranger then plucked a cupcake from a plate as he casually leaned against the wall regarding the girls with a smile.

Twilight approached him first, “Hello and welcome to the party”

The Stranger nodded, “thank you for your hospitality Twilight, most appreciated”

Twilight froze immediately and all of the girls turned to look at him, “how did you know my name?”

The Stranger finished his cupcake and ignored the question, “did you do know you are the most polite and giving ponies I have ever met?”

Rainbow immediately zipped up to the strangers face, “How do you know…”

The Stranger cut her off by taking off his glasses which caused each girl to gasp as he continued, “you gave me Equestria and allowed me to be released, and I am really grateful for that”

All of the ponies instinctively got into formation only to remember The Elements of Harmony were back on Equestria, much to Discord`s amusement, “Well, well, well, guess your regretting not packing correctly eh?“

Applejack cracked her knuckles, “Give me on good reason why ah shouldn’t throw ya out the door”

Discord took on a frightened expression, “Oh no please don’t hurt me I bruise easily”

Twilight stepped toward Discord, “I think the bigger question is why you are even here in the first place”

Discord straightened up, “well its quite simple actually, you see I was bored with Equestria and I decided to move into a new place and low and behold”, he then spread his arms out, “this place fit my expectations”

Twilight pointed at Discord in as the girls took on defiant stances, “We won’t let you, we stopped you on Equestria and we’ll stop you here!”

Discord laughed in response to this threat to which Rainbow angrily asked, “What’s so funny?”

Discord stopped, “It’s funny because back on Equestria I was merely fooling with all of you”, he then put his shades back on, “But now I mean business and I have back up”

Fluttershy came to the conclusion first, “Lupe”

Discord nodded, “Very well placed answer my dear Fluttershy, you see Lupe has the potential to be so much more than what she is now and I have given her the tools necessary to become my instrument of chaos, all I need to do is bide my time until I can pull her out of her case and play my new anthem”

Rainbow Dash shook her head, “not if we tell Martin first, he and us have friends in…”

Discord then snapped his fingers and a silver tube appeared in his hand, “THINK SLOW!!”

There was a flash and all of the six wore blank looks, “so Pinkie that was a nice conversation about various cupcake designs, but I have to go now”

Discord walked out the door as Martin walked inside after bidding Lupe fair well, “hey girls, I’m going to have to cut my party time short”

Rarity looked at him slightly confused, “Whatever for Martin?”

Martin shrugged slightly but spoke with a slight smile, “I’m going to a movie with Lupe in the afternoon”

Rainbow Dash approached him, “Afternoon, as in THIS afternoon this afternoon?”

Martin nodded, “Yeah”

Pinkie perked up, “Then we’re going to have to party extra hard”

*

After Martin left to meet Lupe, The girls were killing time until Alan would arrive by playing Truth or Dare, currently Pinkie was wearing a balloon hat and Rarity`s hair had the appearance that she had stuck a fork in the electrical socket much to her chagrin. Rainbow was sitting cross legged with a pout until Applejacks spin landed on Rainbow.

Applejack then asked, “Truth or Dare”

Rainbow then said, “Truth”

Applejack nodded, “Alright, why have you been pouting this whole time”

Rainbow straightened, “because I want to take Martin on a date!”

Applejack and the girls were surprised at this, but Rarity casually responded, “Please Dash, I don’t mean to sound rude but you wouldn’t be able to”

Rainbow glared daggers at her friend, “What are you talking about”

Rarity looked to the side, “Well I mean he did say he would wade through suitors just to talk to me remember, plus I am more ladylike”

The other girls backed out slightly as Applejack joined in, “Wait a gosh darn minute here, why are yall leaving me out, he said he would go for me to!”

Rainbow stood, “Ladies, Ladies lets settle this like civilised mares, whoever gets a kiss from Martin gets to have him all to themselves no questions asked”

All three humans took on a determined look as they all proclaimed, “DEAL!”

The rest of the six facepalmed