• Published 4th May 2012
  • 5,271 Views, 252 Comments

Martin's Unreal Life - CrypticMetaphor



Martin returns home after winter wrap, until The Six decide its time for them to cross over with him

  • ...
12
 252
 5,271

Chapter 13: What A Girl Needs

While a plan most weird was devised at Martin’s house, Lupe was getting herself ready for the afternoon’s events while Discord merely watched the television with intrigue. Soon Lupe was ready to leave and sat next to Discord and began to wait for Martin’s arrival.

Discord cast a quick side glance then looked back at the TV, “looks like somebody is waiting for their special someone”

Lupe blushed slightly, “No, it’s just a friendly get together to catch up on old times”

Discord smiled, “suuuuure”

Lupe looked with annoyance at the humanized Draconequus, “What’s that supposed to mean?”

Discord waved the comment off, “Nothing, I’m just thinking how you’re going to win his affections with the power I gave you”, Lupe was about to object until she was silenced by Discords next comment, “I’ve seen how you’ve been practicing, you say no now but deep down you yearn to test the power and to see how far it will take you, and trust me my dear it will take you places”

Lupe’s buzzer went off to signal Martin’s arrival, “Whatever”

Discord turned to her just as she was about to leave and appeared before her in his true form to block her path as he raised his talon in a warning gesture, “mark my words Lupe, if you do not seize the opportunity when it presents itself, one of those ponies will take it before you can blink and then what will you do”

A look of doubt then appeared on the girls face as she looked at Discord, but it soon vanished, “that won’t happen”; she then walked past Discord and out the door leaving The Spirit of Disharmony to smile in a fashion that resembled that of someone who knew the punch line to a joke and wouldn’t say it outright, “that’s what you think”, Discord then transformed into his human form and watched a direct feed of Martin’s living room to which he had muted the volume, he then unmuted and watched the show.

*

Rainbow Dash then proceeded to lay down the rules of the bet, “Alright first off, no using your…abilities and second nopony is to tell Martin what’s going on”, she then cast a glance at Twilight who merely rolled her eyes before nodding in agreement

Rarity then nodded with a confident smile, “even though this is rather juvenile, I shall stick by it for the soul reason to prove that I as a lady can win Martin’s heart with a gentle demeanor and a flawless sense of class”

Applejack straightened up, “Ah’m just doin it to make sure Dash eats her words”

A cocky expression appeared on Rainbow’s face as she smugly crossed her arms, “I’d like to see that”

Applejack just raised an eyebrow, “Ah’ve done it before Dash”

Rainbow scoffed, “name four in chronological order”

Applejack sighed and then cleared her throat

*

Martin and Lupe were sitting in the lobby of the theatre waiting for their show to start; Martin had just finished bringing her up to date on his life, omitting the really magical parts, “And that’s pretty much it”

Lupe smiled as Martin looked at the clock, in the lighting of the lobby he gave off a sort of caring yet strong glow. Martin looked back at her which caused her to look away slightly embarrassed at being caught staring.

Martin smiled mischievously, “Am I really that attractive?”

Lupe then mumbled a quick, “no”

Martin took on a mock pained look, “I’m not?”

Lupe then realised her mistake, “I mean YES…wait I mean in a friendly sort of way-“

Martin laughed as Lupe stopped and realised she had been pranked and joined in the infectious laughter after a while the usher told them that it was time to pick their seats. It was nostalgia night at the theatre and they both agreed to see the movie Labyrinth out of surprising favoritism of the film, Martin said he liked the concept and the story whereas Lupe liked the characters and visuals. The lights dimmed as the film started, both Lupe and Martin sat in silence staring at the screen for a good half of it until someone leaned down to whisper in Lupe’s ear.

“Good movie eh?”, Lupe turned around to see the human Discord giving her a toothy grin holding popcorn in one hand and a large soda in the other. Lupe looked at Martin then back at Discord and spoke in annoyance, “What are you doing here? Can’t you see I’m trying to watch a movie here?”

Discord took on a small grin, “I merely came by to see how the date was going. From the look of things it’s about as bland as the moon”

Lupe quickly looked back to Martin and back to Discord once more, “I don’t need your help and it’s NOT a date!”

Discord raised his hand defensively, “Alright I’m just saying now would be good time to lean against him and feign being tired. Works every time in books”, he then leaned back and watched the movie as Lupe turned back as well.

As the movie continued, Lupe thought for a second on what Discord had said and laughed inwardly that such an old move could work. She then looked sideways at Martin, the light the screen cast on him revealed an almost mature look to the otherwise young man. She sighed as she decided to give the stupid move a try; she slowly and carefully leaned onto Martin’s side which caused him to tense in surprise as he looked at Lupe. He half smiled as he put his arm on her to help her relax a bit more which caused Lupe to blush at the sudden contact, she looked at the human Discord who mouthed I told you so.

Soon the ballroom scene started an Lupe looked at Martin as the music played. Martin looked at the copper haired woman as well, both Martin and Lupe stared into each other’s eyes. Martin’s dark green eyes stared into Lupe’s mismatched yet exotic eyes with a calmed smile; Lupe looked away with a slight blush as Martin slowly followed suit. But soon a hand touched the side of his face which caused him to turn and look once more at Lupe’s face which soon pressed against his in a light kiss. This action lasted for a few seconds until Lupe pulled away with a shocked expression and then bolted from her seat and out of the theatre.

She was in the ladies room panting in horror at what she just did; she looked at her reflection with a glare of self-loathing as if it was mocking her. She then jumped in surprise when Discord in his true form popped into existence in her reflections place.

Lupe pointed at him, “YOU! You did something to me didn’t you?!”

Discord shook his head, “Nope, that was all you and might I say nice one with the kiss, a little risky but effective”

Lupe looked away in shame, “I shouldn’t have done that”

Discord literally melted out of the mirror as he put an arm around Lupe, “Of course you should have. After all you do like him don’t you?”

Lupe twiddled her thumbs awkwardly, “Well….I sort of do…it’s hard to explain”

Discord sighed and shook his head, “well when you figure it out there’s man candy waiting for you outside that door, carpe diem Lupe and as I said get him before they do”

Discord then vanished as Lupe stared into space for a few seconds and then walked out to face the music.

*

Martin and Lupe walked back to Martin’s house in silence after the movie had ended trying to figure out a way to explain what had happened. Martin approached his street corner as he turned to Lupe.

Lupe the quickly stammered out, “I’m sorry for what I did back at the theatre, I was caught up in the moment-“

Martin stopped her, “It’s alright I understand”, he then gave Lupe a friendly hug, “See ya later and have a goodnight”

Lupe smiled as she waved goodbye and headed down the street, Martin soon arrived at home and opened the front door. As he walked past the living room, Dash was sitting on the couch wearing a loose fitting shirt that reached to her knees along with no pants but just underwear.

She had a sultry smile plastered on her face as she spoke in a seductive tone, “Hey Martin”

Martin didn’t even look as he headed upstairs, “hey Dash, I’m tired as hell and could you tell Pinkie I’m sorry for missing the party”

When Martin soon vanished from sight as Dash muttered a frustrated, “Darn it I thought I had him”





Apologies for the lateness, i have been working on other stories i shall be submitting soon
Also just a warning i'm going to be deleteing stories that i deem a waste of space. Also i have been noticing alot of this cheesgame of the gods stuff and i got to say i'm impressed. I will give my full explanation on this in my new blog post