• Published 4th May 2012
  • 5,271 Views, 252 Comments

Martin's Unreal Life - CrypticMetaphor



Martin returns home after winter wrap, until The Six decide its time for them to cross over with him

  • ...
12
 252
 5,271

Chapter 16: Eris Rising

|You all have been saying it and predicting it. Here is the shit storm that shall span three chapters

Martin was walking side by side with AJ as they went to the movie theatre to see The Dark Knight Rises with Alan and the rest of the six in tow. It had been close to a full week since Applejack and Martin shared their first kiss and Martin could not be happier. Deep down however he felt concerned for Lupe because ever since he had last talked to her she had been appearing out in public less and less to the point of only appearing with that Desmond Dew guy at her side. Worse still was whenever he tried to talk to her or say hi she looked through him and went about her business. What disturbed him more was the fact that she seemed to have developed a much darker side to herself which manifested in different ways. She usually looked and spoke to individuals as if they were below her and treated them with hostility and possible paranoia.

Applejack noticed Martin’s concerned expression and looped her hand in his, “Sumthin the matter?”

Martin nodded, “I just…have you seen how Lupe has been acting the last week?”

Applejack thought for a second on this, “Actually ah have noticed she’s been very distant lately especially whenever she sees me and the girls shopping”

Martin looked at her, “What do you mean?”

Applejack took on a look of concern, “it’s not that she’s distant, it’s more like she lookin at all of us under a magnifying glass, especially me.”

Twilight nodded, “Applejacks right, the other day I approached her to see if she wanted to eat with me at an ice cream shop and she just…glared at me and walked off.”

Rarity huffed, “How rude, if she didn’t want to eat with you she could have just said so”

Rainbow Dash looked rather frustrated, “So what? She thinks that she’s SO better than the rest of us she can’t take time out of her busy schedule to hang out with us?”

Alan interjected quickly, “maybe she’s just a little sore that Martin isn’t single anymore and doesn’t know how to deal with it right now.”

Pinkie nodded, “Exactly, but you can’t run away from something that’s bothering you because it could catch up with you”, she then brightened up, “Ooh I know, Applejack why don’t you spend the day with her and clear the air on this whole business.”

Rarity smiled, “Pinkie has a point, why I dare say if you two get to know each other better I think she’ll come out of her shell.”

Martin thought hard on this, “Actually…that could work!”

Applejack then took on a confident smile, “Then it’s decided, ah’ll call her this afternoon tah set something up for tomorrow.”

*

Lupe hung the phone up with annoyance, “Of that… do you know what she just said?”

Discord looked at her from the windowsill, “I am all ears”

Lupe huffed as if she had been insulted, “After stealing Martin away she has the gull to call me and say-“, she then did a mock accent, “-Hey ya wanna hang out tahmorrow?”

Discord rubbed his hands together as he blinked out of existence and appeared beside Lupe in his true form, “this is PERFECT! All you need to do to get Applejack out of the equation and Martin is all yours!”

Lupe smiled deviously, “and I just thought of a way to do it.”

*

Soon the sun had crested the horizon and Applejack was ready and raring to go. She bid everyone in the house goodbye as she headed out to meet Lupe outside who was currently sitting in her car.

AJ hopped in the passenger seat very reluctantly, “Hey ya Lupe.”

Lupe looked at AJ over her shades, “Morning.”

The car then took off down the road with a squeal and as they drove Applejack was thinking of what to say to Lupe to break the ice. As they drove through the city both girls were smiling in nervous anticipation as their destination approached. Soon they disembarked the car and entered the mall and pretty soon they both talked and shared various stories.

Applejack had finished her story as they entered Lupe’s car, “…And ah said to mah brother ya would ferget your own head if it weren’t attached to yer neck”

Both girls shared a laugh as Lupe drove down the road toward the city limits which AJ took no notice of, “Tell me Applejack exactly how is it you pick things up with hooves”

Applejack laughed, “Well it’s not ahs hard as…wait what did ya say”

Lupe cast a slight glance at her, “don’t act innocent I know about you and your friends”

Applejack took on a stern expression, “How did ya know?”

The car stooped on a hill where a tool shed was located, “He told me”

Desmond appeared from behind the shed then transformed into his true form as Lupe disembarked the car with angered Applejack at her heels.

Applejack then looked at Discord and at Lupe, “you set me up!”

Lupe rolled her eyes, “no shit Sherlock.”

Applejack approached her, “After ah tried to be yer friend-“

Lupe stopped her there, “REAL friends don’t steal men from one another”

Applejack huffed, “Ah didn’t steal Martin from you, he chose me over you because he loves me and-“

Applejack was then pushed by Lupe who responded by pushing back hard which sent the Lupe flying and then she landed on the ground hard.

Applejack ran over, “are ya done?”

Lupe looked at Applejack and booted her into the car with a well-placed kick which broke the windshield, soon both girls stood up and looked at each other in fury as AJ dropped her hat and rolled up her sleeves. Lupe responded by throwing her shades off and taking off her coat and as soon as it hit the ground Discord conjured up a popcorn bucket and yelled “CAT FIGHT!!”.

Applejack rushed Lupe who ducked under a punch and tackled the blonde girl to the ground, she then pinned AJ and began to deliver a flurry of punches to her face which AJ managed to block and bucked the crazy girl off of her. Applejack then tried to restrain Lupe who then smacked the back of her head into Applejack’s face and throw her off. Applejack recovered quickly holding her bleeding nose and quickly delivered a leg sweep to Lupe who smacked on the ground yelling in fury. AJ turned around for a second only to have a well-placed punch hit her in the back and to be yanked down by her ponytail.

Applejack grabbed Lupe’s arms and planted her knees on the angry girl’s legs as she said, “STOP RIGHT NOW!”

Lupe spat in her face and slammed her forehead against AJ’s dazing them both. Both girls wobbled as they stood and Applejack turned and blocked a punch as she countered with a haymaker which knocked Lupe on her back.

Applejack shook the spots from her eyes as she approached the panting and frightened Lupe, “Are…ya finished now?”

Lupe weakly spoke, “Yes…I surrender”

Applejack nodded as she reached her hand down to help Lupe up. Lupe smiled as she stood up and stared at AJ.

Applejack smiled, “Ah just want tah put this all behind us”, she looked at a smiling Discord, “Get in the car and we can talk this out at Martin’s and-“

SHINK!

Applejack looked down and saw Lupe pushing a letter opener sized blade into her stomach which caused her to gasp in pain as it was removed. The blade then transformed into a watch while Lupe spoke in a cold voice, “game over bitch”

Applejack clutched the wound as she dropped into the fetal position much to Discords amusement and surprise, “Don’t you think that was a little brutal?”

Lupe spat on the ground, “Don’t worry I stabbed in a non-lethal fashion so the wound won’t kill her-”, she gave a wiry smile, “The blood loss is a different story.”

Discord levitated Applejack to the shed and opened the door as he soon let Applejack hit the ground hard, “Nothing personal my dear”

Lupe stood beside him with AJ’s hat, “you stay here and chill and I’ll be back later”

Applejack groaned in pain as the door shut

*

Martin was greatly worried for Applejack since she hadn’t called in hours. He had sent the six to scour the city in an attempt to find her and so far there had been no word. There was a knock on the door and it was opened revealing a badly injured AJ.

Martin looked at Applejack, “What the hell happened?!”

Applejack merely fainted in his arms, “Oh Martin it was awful, these thugs attacked me and Lupe by surprise and I and her managed to escape”

Martin looked at Applejack confused until she spoke once more, “But the thought of seeing you again drove me to freedom”, she then kissed Martin with more passion then before. As they kissed, Applejacks form shifted to Lupe as she took the hat off.

The sudden movement caused Martin to open his eyes as he then jumped back in surprise and fear, “WHAT THE HELL?!”

Lupe smiled, “Was it good for you?”

Martin sputtered, “W…What’s.”

Lupe levitated the TV remote to her hand, “I have power now Martin and I can make this work.”

Martin ignored this comment, “What did you do with Applejack?”

Lupe shape shifted into Applejack wearing lingerie as she approached him with a sultry look, “Ahm your Applejack now Martin”

Lupe then wrapped her arms around Martin as she shape shifted back to normal except for her attire. Martin began to struggle as Lupe forced him down and tried to straddle him.

Lupe got frusterated, “Why are you resisting?! I bet she hasn’t done this to you yet!”, she then gently said, “Let it happen”

Martin then pushed her off as he angrily stood, “What the HELL is wrong with you!?”

Lupe was on her knees with tears, “I love you Martin.”

The look and the way she said it cut him deep but he spoke with strength, “Lupe where is Apple-“

Lupe stood and flew into a fury, “WHAT IS WITH YOU!! I’M THROWING MYSELF AT YOU AND ALL YOU CAN THINK ABOUT IS THAT PONY TRASH!!!”

Martin looked at her with concern, “how did you know?”

Lupe smiled, “Discord told me so many things about Equestria and the pony’s”

Martin became very concerned now, “Listen to me Lupe, whatever he is telling you is a bunch of lies and-“

Lupe shook her head in anger, “NO! he has been there for me!”, her hair turned a silvery white and became straight as objects began to slowly levitate, “HE has cared for me!”, her irises then became a goldish yellow as the object began to levitate higher as she raised her voice an octave, “AND HE HASN’T BETRAYED ME!!”

Lupe waved her hand as Applejack appeared before Martin, “There’s your stupid horse girlfriend!”

Martin looked up at her as the door opened revealing the six and Alan as Martin yelled at Lupe, “Lupe stop this you’re not acting rational!”

Lupe shook her head, “Oh don’t talk to me about rational. I am the most rational person in this house right now”

Rainbow Dash noticing her friend injured and the most likely culprit in front of her caused her to fly at Lupe with her speed only to have a chair from the kitchen hit her onto the floor. Twilights hands glowed only for her to be sent flying with everyone else as Lupe approached Martin.

Lupe bent down, “FYI, I could have rocked your world”

She then turned toward the living room and stopped in front of the TV which reflected her new look as Martin spoke one last time, “Lupe please..”

Lupe looked at Martin, “Lupe was a sniffling girl who couldn’t even ask a boy she liked on a date. She died outside your home when she witnessed that between your precious pony. But now I’m everything she wasn’t and so much more.”

She then blew a hole in the roof, “Call me Eris”, before flying out of the hole Eris smiled crazily at all present, “You might want to batten down the hatches because a storm is coming and the forecast is chaos with a slight chance of rain”

Martin looked up in vain as Eris flew away into the sky but he soon looked at Alan, “call an ambulance”