• Published 23rd May 2014
  • 6,420 Views, 155 Comments

Finding Myself as a Flightless Filly - Autum Breeze



I had a good, normal life, until Discord came and yanked me from my own world and tossed me into the world of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic.

  • ...
51
 155
 6,420

Chapter 5 (Spoilers for season 9)

Chapter 6

Bitter Sweet Ending

_____________________________________________________________________

“So… that’s really it?” I ask, looking to the pink Earth Pony floating next to me.

She sighs, looking sympathetically at me. “Yeah. It both is great and sucks the big one, huh?”

“I’m glad she at least isn’t actually an orphan,” I smile, looking out over the hill of Ponyville, the Crystal Empire a little off in the distance. “Still, it would’ve been nice had everyone gotten to read my life’s story.”

The pink filly nodded. “Tell me about it. I mean, Cadance finding a way to bring the Empire to sit right outside Ponyville so you don’t have to leave your friends behind? Sombra's return and you're coming to grips with everything, allowing you to beat him AND Grogar once and for all? Not to mention you becoming an Alicorn and the CMC getting your Cutie Marks.” She looks to the much bigger wings on my back and my horn, before frowning. “Though, they’re immortal too now. That’s a bit weird. Being tied to you makes them immortal as well.” She shrugs. “Well, at least Applejack and Rarity won’t have to mourn their sisters dying from old age anymore.”

“It’s just so annoying though,” I shake my head. “It was really hard to get over all that emotional baggage and now no one gets to read about it?”

She shrugs. “Them’s the breaks. Hasbro finally bringing Scoots’ parents into the mix after NINE SEASONS is both a blessing and a curse, huh?”

I chuckle. “You said it.” I sigh. “Well, at least I got to entertain people for a little, huh?”

She nods. “Besides, I think the author took off more than could chew with you. You’re emotional state was really bloody delicate, far more than they were planning, to the point they literally wrote themselves into a corner with you.”

“I hear that,” I shake my head. “I was really fucked up after that. I mean, what the fuck, Luna? Don’t really know how they could've written all that. Likely would’ve had to change the rating to M, with how dark it all got.”

The filly nods, before stretching. “Equestria’s entered its new age. Twilight and the others are the rulers of the land, Equestria’s allies are more closely bound than ever and the Empire has three princesses to protect it. I’d say, things are going to go just fine from on. But, ya know, call me if anything big comes up.”

I cock an eyebrow at her. “You like messing with other realties, don’t you?”

“Wouldn’t be a point to having Chaos Magic if I didn’t,” she shrugs. “Whelp, good luck with the future, Scoots. FiM is over, but whatever happens in this world is up to you now.” She winks. “Make it a good one.”

She teleports away and I look out over the horizon once more.

It’s sad one story is ending, but there are many others out there, yet to be told and yet to end.

Author's Note:

Yeah. After seeing the clip of Scootaloo's parents FINALLY being in the show, I honestly just don't feel the drive for this story and don't really know how anyone else could've done so themselves, so it's ending here.

sorry if you hate it. will fully understand if the dislike bar rises dramatically after this.

I just couldn't honestly go through with this anymore, ya know? Plus, most of the fics i've given away end up cancelled, so i chose to end this one myself with something at least. bit of meta humor to help out.

Comments ( 8 )

Honestly, Scootaloo's Parents FINALLY being revealed is both a blessing and a curse in and out of itself. It's great that we finally get to see them, but at the same time a lot of stories that had Scootaloo's parents as somepony else like yours instantly became outdated, dated(as in products of their time), and no longer lined up with the canon so some stories are now just impossible to read without going "that's not what the show said".

Perfectly understandable. Still, I hope you keep writing, as I will do so as well.

9653443
Other official media had already stated that she lived with her aunts while her parents were out of town for quite a while. The episode with them just finally hammers it in for everyone.

Wait, it was going to continue? Even so, this could be AU, not following cannon...

Calling this cancelled is like calling the ocean wet. I mean, your last actual update was in 2015, kinda assumed.

More 'dead' fics should use this approach. If you can't write the rest, a summary blurb is much better than a cliff hanger. Thanks for coming back. :heart:

Huh, at least there's an ending. Kudos for that.

this made evangelion's ending looked good by comparison.

Login or register to comment