• Published 17th Feb 2014
  • 5,986 Views, 211 Comments

Twilight on Acid - Majin Syeekoh



Twilight accidentally ingests LSD

  • ...
23
 211
 5,986

A Little Glass of Multiverse

“Well, well, well...what have we here?” Discord said malevolently.

“Nothing that concerns you, Discord!” Luna spat out.

“Oh, but my little Dashie here has the most chaotic minds I’ve seen in generations...and chaos is such a terrible thing to waste!” Discord then snapped his fingers, causing Rainbow Dash to disappear.

Luna looked shocked. “What have you done with her!?”

“Oh, nothing untoward, if that’s what you’re thinking…” Discord said as he wrapped around Luna like a boa constrictor. Luna teleported away.

“Return her before her mind is completely destroyed!”

Discord raised an eyebrow at that. “Why ask me when that is up to you?”

Luna said, “What do you mean, Discord?”

Discord laughed. “Well, you see, Rainbow Dash’s mind appeared to have snapped already. What you saw was but a shade of her fractured psyche.”

Luna’s eyes widened in horror.

Discord then giggled. “However, it’s snapped among the multiverse…It’s amazing she was able to stave off ego death for that long. She truly is the most arrogant mare in all of Equestria.”

“The multiverse? How is that even possible?”

Discord chuckled as he crossed his arms. “Every story is but a dream in the mind of its wordsmith, is it not?” he said while affecting a mischievous grin. Luna nodded uneasily at that, vaguely aware of the implications of what Discord was suggesting. “Now with your permission...I’d like to play a game…”

Luna steeled her gaze at the draconequus. “State your terms, Discord.”

Discord chortled while doing a loop-de-loop. “Guess which universe she’s from, and you can get your Dashie back!”

Luna nodded. “That shouldn’t be any trouble.”

Discord guffawed. “Oh, you have no idea how varied the multiverse is, my dear Loonie…” and Discord began to sing.

Was she as a young foal found
In a box sat upon the ground
By a hairless ape that sounds
So dreadfully masochistic?

“That doesn’t sound right…”

Or perhaps there was a situation
Among the various Equus nations
That led to a magic detonation
Whose scope was apocalyptic?

“Not that, either…”

Or maybe she cried out with much zeal
To her troops with much appeal
“Thunder and Lightning, Wings and Steel!”
And helped slay the puppet Titan?

Or maybe she’s known as Supermare
And stops crime in magic underwear
Where her gaze has such a burning stare
Which she uses while she’s fightin’?

Or maybe she’s tried to build
A giant robot, though unskilled
Where she’s almost gotten herself killed
By a rampaging Angel Bunny?

Or maybe under Daymare Sun
She’s a bandit on the run
Where she isn’t having any fun
And she’s got so little money?

“None of those sound familiar..”

Perhaps I should speak with clarity
When I present my next tip
For what I’m about to tell you, dear
has everything to do with ships

“Ships?

“Relationships, my dear Luna.” Discord said as he kissed Luna, her retching at the unwanted intrusion.

“Now for my Shipping reprieve!”

Rainbow shipped with Cheerilie
And then she turns out Harshwinny
Takes a stab at Fluttertree
And then she goes for Big Mac

Dashie lusts after sweet Pinkie
Then takes a turn with her Twily
And after that bangs out Shiny
And goes with Applejack

And then she goes for Flash Sentry
And then she turns out Rarity
And then Fleur de Lise and DJ-PON3
And then hits some of that Derpy
And then the Great and Powerful Trixie
And then Tavi, and even me!,
And CelestDash, Cadash, Lundash, SinkDASH!

“And just because I oughta…”

I must not forget the lovely lark
When Pinkie removes her wings and Cutie Mark
And then flows through her quite a spark
And she then proceeds to bake
An assortment of lovely cupcakes
Made from her internal organs!

“Definitely NOT any of those…” Luna said, retching at that last one.

Discord smirked. “Fine, then. Tell me the most important diverging point, and I’ll see if I can narrow it down.”

Luna shook her head. “Well, Twilight discovered the recipe for Lysergsäure-diethylamid in Starswirl the Bearded’s journal and Twilight and Rainbow Dash ingest some.”

Discord tapped his chin, musing for a second. “I think I’ve zeroed in on the dreamer...was it accidental?”

Luna nodded. “Yes, on both counts.”

“Is there an ancient evil named Sephiroth?”

Luna shook her head. “No.”

“Does the name Syko ring a bell?”

Luna looked uncertain. “I don’t recall anypony by that name.”

Discord looked up. “Does Shining Armor engage in carnal relations with Flash Sentry behind Cadance’s back?”

Luna looked shocked. “Most certainly not!”

“Does Angel Bunny try to steal cider with the help of the animals?”

“I’m not sure, but that rabbit’s a bastard in any universe.”

Discord nodded, then snapped his fingers. Rainbow Dash appeared, apparently unharmed. Luna nodded. “Thank you for keeping to your word, Discord.”

Discord smirked. “I wouldn’t be very reformed if I didn’t, now would I?”

Luna nodded, then took Dash under her wing. “See you on the outside, Discord.”

Discord waved as Luna blinked.

----

Celestia was worried. Luna usually didn’t have to dive in this long to pull a pony out. She had set the sun already, glad that tonight was a new moon.

Twilight looked up at Celestia. “Are they ok?”

Celestia shook her head. “I...don’t know, Twilight. Starswirl wasn’t down for this long before his mind was completely gone. We’ll just have to wait and see.”

As soon as she finished, Rainbow Dash opened her eyes, followed by Luna. Rainbow Dash sat up and scratched the back of her neck. “Hey, girls.”

“DASHIE!” Everypony except Applejack screamed as they rushed their now awake friend, wrapping her up in a big group hug.

“Ok...guys...can’t...breathe…” Dash choked out. They quickly pulled away. Applejack then approached Rainbow Dash. She looked her in the eyes, then slapped her across the face.

“OW! What the hay was that for!?”

Applejack started tearing up. “That was fer making me worried sick ‘bout you. DON’T you EVER do anything like that again!” Rainbow Dash blushed as Applejack suddenly hugged her. “I was so worried, Dashie…”

Rainbow Dash patted Applejack on the back. “Yeah, but we always get out of things like this ok in the end, so I wasn’t really worried. Plus, I had Luna to help me. Isn’t that right?”

Luna sat up and nodded. “Yes, she did. Although I couldn’t have saved her if it weren’t for Discord,” she muttered under her breath.

Celestia raised an eyebrow. “Discord?” she whispered.

“I’ll tell you later.” Celestia nodded.

Twilight then walked up to Applejack and prodded her on the shoulder. “Applejack?”

Applejack disengaged Rainbow Dash and turned to Twilight. “Yessum?”

Twilight looked down. “Well, Applejack, I’m...sorry for what I put you through.”

Applejack smirked. “No need fer that. Like Dashie said, this is just another day fer us.”

Twilight shook her head. “It wasn’t for you. That scream you belted out...I could taste the sorrow and smell the utter despair.”

Applejack raised an eyebrow. “Scuse me?”

Twilight shook her head again. “I didn’t expect you to understand...what I’m trying to say is...that you almost broke because of events I unwittingly set in motion, although a certain mare whose name I need not mention really shouldn’t drink out of unlabeled containers in my lab.”

Applejack chuckled. “Ya sure ya don’t mean yer larval form’s lab.” Twilight blushed.

“Look, I was really messed up when I said that stuff…”

“You seemed quite serious to me, with all that talk about your return being prophesied by the creepy-crawlies beneath the earth…” Celestia joined in with a chortle. Twilight turned a delightful shade of russet at that.

“Can I still be your head chef?” Pinkie asked.

Twilight shook her head. “If I recall correctly, you’re Queen Twiworm’s head chef...and seeing as how that pony isn’t here anymore, I guess you’re out of luck.”

Pinkie looked sad. “Awwww…”

Rarity said, “Well, now that this tomfoolery is done with, I suggest we never speak of it again.”

“What do you mean...Nightmare Rarity?” Fluttershy of all ponies joked, which shocked everypony, “The real nightmare was that paisley mauve dress you made for Twilight!”

Everypony laughed at that.

Rarity looked flustered. “I made that to the customer’s exact specifications! I feel no shame in a job well done!” She said before looking at what Twilight was wearing, shuddering at the sight of it. “Ok, maybe a little shame.”

Celestia giggled at that. “Well, as invigorating as this all was, I’m glad it’s all over. Come on, Luna, let’s return home.”

Luna nodded and stood next to her sister. “Let’s.” With that, they teleported out of the library.

Rainbow Dash then said, “Remember a while back when we found all of our pets in Pinkie’s basement?”

Everypony stared at Rainbow Dash liked she had grown an extra head.

“No, can’t say I do…” Applejack said.

Pinkie tapped her chin with her hoof. “I’d say I’d remember something like that.”

Rainbow stared at Pinkie and Applejack. “I swear that happened recently…”

“Maybe the LSD is still affecting your brain…” Fluttershy said.

Rainbow Dash looked flustered. “If you say so. But I remember it clear as day…”

“There’s just one thing I don’t understand about all of this…” Twilight said, “is how I was under the effects when the synthesis wasn’t even done.”

Applejack cut in with, “Well, another problem, another day!” and rushed out, everypony following.

“Hmmph.” Twilight mused as she headed towards her room.

“Hehehe…”

Twilight snapped her head around, sure that she had heard laughing. “Spike?” She saw nopony or nodragon behind her, though. She then sighed and walked up to her room.

Sensing the coast was clear, Discord snapped into view in the library.

“Well, that was a most entertaining story, if I do say so myself!” Discord said gleefully. “I wonder what’s in store for our little ponies next!” and snapped out.

Comments ( 81 )

Aw, its over... :applecry:
Oh well, keep up the good work on the story.

HAHAHAHAHA, Discord brought a Reinbow Dash from another Universe, wether it was by mistake or on purpose, I can't tell.

:rainbowkiss:

Now I kind of want to write a chill druggie story where Twilight trips with some of her friends.

Discord never lets a potential laugh and a bit of chaos get away now does he? :rainbowlaugh::rainbowwild:

LOLOLOL!!! XD XD XD Discord mentioned Cupcakes and Rainbow Dash slept with everypony and Shining Armour cheating his wife Cadence with Flash Sentry this story is truly hilarious :pinkiehappy:

3989533 I plan make write a story like that in the future but the Mane 6 will be watching really messed up movies like Eraserhead and weird music videos like Lies by Thompson Twins they will get the most nightmarish trip of their lives

3989704

That sounds awful! :fluttercry: Let me know when you do. Actually, don't. Or get an editor. Or maybe let me edit for you.

3991182 Did you watch the music video?

3989704 Could you let me know when it is out?

dis-q didn't get the right dash did he?

3991372 Yes I can but it would be sometime in the future maybe once I am done with the story that I am currently writing I will start writing the story of the Mane 6's bad acid trip

3991475 So what do you think about that music video?

3992079

Well, it was pretty weird. I imagine some freakouts would happen when the nurse draws the curtain.

3992096 The music video was made in 1982 and just imagine the Mane 6 on LSD watching that video

3992141

Okay, I'm imagining it.

3992151 And imagine how they freaked out when they saw those heads coming at them

3992176

:applejackunsure: O...kay? Are you high right now?

3992186 No I am not high

3992205

You seem out of it. I'm not sure what the point of this conversation is.

3992344 I am just thinking of a surreal story and the fact that I am a huge fan of the movie Eraserhead but I am busy with my story about Vampire Fluttershy and my story is based on Batman Returns and Elfen Lied :pinkiecrazy:

Discord's song was amazing! Just like the rest of the story :raritystarry:

Didn't get the pets reference in the end, though...

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

4063563 No, pupils pinning is a side effect of opiates. Dilating is a side effect of hallucinogens.

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

4064072 Veterinarians have been known to carry lorazepam on hand...

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

4064295 Well, I couldn't think of a way to ponify German...and Nightmare Rarity is from the IDW comics.

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

4064383 You have no idea...

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

4064812 The first one you spotted wasn't intended to be a cupcakes reference. And as for Applejack, I'll chalk it up to extreme stress, That can make anypony act OOC.

Thank you for you impromptu review of Twilight on Acid. I really appreciated it. No, really, I did. I wish other commenters would take the time to comment as thoroughly as you did.

By the way, for an extra cookie, can you name the other fics I alluded to?

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

4064812 Also, as for the shipping, I needed a quick patter, and what better to patter about than RD's various ships, both real and soon-to-be real?

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

4066070 I hold no excuse for the picture. I just couldn't find an appropriate picture of Twilight's eyes dilated. And yes, for a licensed veterinarian, it would be legal for Fluttershy to have lorazepam, but not to use it on Twilight. I hadn't thought of Germaneigh, but how would you conjugate that? "Germaneighse?" And the comics are an officially licensed Hasbro product. And I stand by my extreme stress defense, though another commentator noticed she was acting 'like a bitch', although I imagine that would be Applejack cracking, so maybe it was a little OOC because we've never seen an IC 'crack' moment for Applejack. And yes, that was just Pinkie being Pinkie And the wonderful fics I was referencing were The Immortal Game, Mare of Steel, Contraptionology, and Sunshine and Fire. Great fics, you should check them out. And haha about the patter/pander.

Once again, I thank you for your impromptu review of my fic. I really did appreciate it. I actually started laughing during parts of it, because that's how I deal with constructive criticism. It's better than getting all butthurt. It doesn't mean I took any of it any less seriously.

Damnit I read this thing all the way through. it was a fantastic story and I see you're fond of reviews. *Cracks knuckles*

The story started off as an average fic in my opinion. The premise was catching enough, though the description and details weren't flushed out like you would expect in higher quality writing. Instead you chose to stick with little description and a fast pace for the chapters. This is always a good idea for fanfictions if done correctly. You sir have done just that. It helped the humor move along and I found myself grinning and laughing for the hour it took me to read this. Terribly slow reader her, tragedy I know.

There were many what the fuck moments that I found myself double taking on. Even now I'm laughing that your described how to make LSD. I know there are probably better descriptions out there, but it was done in such a way to show that you are obviously well versed in this and know what you're talking about. Reading the comments also helped me come to this conclusion. I'm gonna pray you're not a drug lord that likes writing about ponies. :P

the part about Rainbow Dash's homophobia was interesting enough. When people pointed it out I thought it was funny. For someone who really isn't big on shipping, though I'll admit I'll indulge occasionally, it came off as a brilliant joke. Different people have different humor mind you. (I also can relate to her having been kissed. Kids playing truth or day in little circles are evil.) I was a little shocked that you took the story towards the direction you did in the end. Where I can say that Rainbow Dash was simply out of her mind from tripping, the rest of the chapter though took that theory out of my hands.

As for Luna's predicament with that emotional thing... Blame me for having a sick mind, but that has some terrible implications as to what dreamers could do to her while she's there for them. Often times we have no control over our emotions in our dreams. How it translated was very dark, especially with Luna's reaction to Dash's kiss.

Returning to the major point of this story though I believe you wrote this superbly. I have never done LSD but I have smoked weed and understand a little bit what it means to be high. Twilight was wonderfully hilarious with her antics. I found myself grinning from ear to ear as I read about her flying into ceilings and getting horribly fashion dressed. Don't mess with fashion in Equestria, even though they normally go nude, they're serious about their fashion! Also Fluttershy having drugs on her... Tsk tsk, shame on her. I'm assuming that's a reference to vets sneaking drugs for home use. if not, I'm a little bit messed up to think that. (Though it was funny all the same.)

Sad to see that Starswirl died from an over dose here... I have no idea what destroying an ego honestly means. Does one go braindead? I'm curious as to this, but not curious enough to go look it up. :P

In all this story was fantastic and I loved it all the way through. Again, brilliant work here and you have meen interested in your other tales. I shall take a peek and we shall see what there is to offer On that note I'll do a little shameless advertising and ask if you'd be interested in reading my first pony fic, Pinkie's Fear. The third chapter is gonna be posted sometime tonight or tomorrow. If not I understand completely and wish you a wonderful day!

Quaver Ava

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

4084899 Thank you for your review! I will check out Pinkie's Fear when I get the chance.

Here's an explanation on Ego Death that does it far better than I ever could.

4084915 Mmm, this is fascinating in itself but even that was hard to comprehend. I get what happens, but is it permanent? I assume from that one example there it isn't. Just for a bit. Perhaps it's a reset mechanism? I'll have to do more research on my own time. Thank you.

4084600
That's an odd thing to say considering later story events suggest RD is not in fact hetero, and was indeed acting / in denial. You might wanna avoid generalizing your experience to all heterosexuals in the future, too

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

4103762 Not exactly...I left out some key parts.

Not bad, not bad. A bit excessive on the zaniness at times, but still most enjoyable. (Besides, when I made Pinkie Pie a five thousand year old creator and destroyer of worlds, I forfeited any and all right to complain about going overboard with her.)

Thank you for a strange but ultimately enjoyable trip. Especialy the Ren & Stimpy reference. :twilightsmile:

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

4115705 You are most welcome.:pinkiehappy:

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

4120410 Because she was thirsty?

But yeah, I'm siding with Twilight on this one as well.

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

4122213 Good catch. I have to change that immediately.

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

4154200 Thank you very much! Honestly, I wasn't expecting you to accept a tripped out story like this, but I'm glad to see that your minds are open to such fare!

4154204
You're very welcome :twilightsmile:

Or maybe under Daymare Sun
She’s a bandit on the run
Where she isn’t having any fun
And she’s got so little money?

I really need to catch up on this story and review the chapters. I remember the author asking for something like that in their blog.

I liked this story, but besides the chemical formulation and process, it didn't really stand out to me. I mean, I'll add it to "Favorites" mainly due to the fact I have not seen many stories where the character is on drugs. Those really don't make it around. But in the end, I feel this narrative won't stick with me like others have.

DO A PINKIE ON WEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4157247 I'm curious as to what story that little quote is talking about.

This is the greatest thing I've ever read.

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

4216780 It actually is "4 normal KOH" which refers to the normality of potassium hydroxide is in a solution.

4217044 Learn something new everyday.
Thanks ^_^

Welp, I understood about three lines of that multiverse poem...rhyme...thing...and that's about it.

...Meh, regardless.

globalnerdy.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/cool-story-bro.jpg

Faved and upvoted.

4234758
I understood more lines than I'm comfortable admiting... and I am proud ot say that I have still never read cupcakes! :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment