• Published 17th Feb 2014
  • 5,967 Views, 211 Comments

Twilight on Acid - Majin Syeekoh



Twilight accidentally ingests LSD

  • ...
23
 211
 5,967

Three Days Later

Twilight was deep in her laboratory, performing an extraction on some ergot she had taken from Applejack’s corn fields. She remembered the look on the orange mare’s face when she had asked for it, happily giving it away while stumped on why she would want bad corn. Oh, if only she knew. Twilight then looked up. If only I knew.

She had combed through Starswirl the Bearded’s journal after her alicornification and stumbled upon a recipe - no, a chemical formula. She had remembered to tear it out before returning the journal. Now here she was, dissolving alkaloids and basifying solutions, wanting to find out why Starswirl had this compound in his journal.

Finally, she was on the last steps. Ethanol, 4 N KOH, and time. She sat down, her hair frazzled, her eyes bloodshot. How long had she been down here? There were no windows in her basement laboratory, so she sealed the compound in vacuo and walked upstairs. Her legs felt creaky, her joints popping from disuse. She opened the door and shielded her eyes from the burning rays of sunshine which pierced her vision.

“Spike?” She called out hoarsely.

“What?” Spike called out.

“What time is it?”

“It’s three o’clock,” to which Twilight let out a sigh of relief, “on Friday.”

Twilight’s eyes shot open as she bit her hoof. Friday!? But it was Tuesday when I went in!

“What did I miss?”

A baby dragon walked out of the kitchen, holding a plate with a daisy sandwich on top of it. “Well, three days worth of meals, for one. Along with cleaning, organizing, and pretty much all of your library duties.” Spike smirked. “It’s not like anypony uses the library except you, though.”

Twilight ran over to Spike and picked him up. “I’m so sorry I left you alone for three days! I promise I’ll never do it again!”

Spike twisted out of Twilight’s grasp. “What WERE you doing down there, anyway?”

Twilight smiled. “Just some chemistry. I found a new chemical in Starswirl the Bearded’s journal and I just HAD to synthesize it! He called it Lysergsäure-diethylamid.

“What does it do?”

Twilight frowned. “I’m not really sure. He didn’t leave any notes on it, just the chemical and a synth process. I think it’s dangerous.”

Spike raised an eyebrow. “Dangerous? Like explosive?”

Twilight shook her head. “No, it’s not explosive or inflammatory in any way. I think it might be caustic, though.”

“Why?”

“Because the process used quite a bit of acidic compounds.” Twilight shook her head again, sitting down as she picked up the daisy sandwich with her magic and took a bite. “I won’t really know until I’ve done more tests with it.”

She finished her daisy sandwich and sat back, thinking about sleep. Funnily enough, though, she wasn’t sleepy. In fact, she felt kind of...good. Not good as in being a good filly good, but just all is right in the world good. This worried Twilight, because when she felt good like that, something was desperately wrong. She meditated on this for a few more minutes, looking around. Eventually what started as a thought analyzing what could be so bad about good turned into noticing the moving shapes of the grains of wood that made up the library.

“Hey, Spike?”

“Yes, Twi?”

“Does the wood always flow so...smoothly?”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about. Go ask Applejack if you want to know about that.”

Twilight perked up. “Ok!” and she skipped out of the library towards Applejack’s house. Spike looked in awe at the normally not-skipping alicorn.

He faceclawed. “This can’t be good…”

----

Applejack was tuning her banjo when she saw Twilight…skipping towards her? She put her banjo to the side and leered down the path that led to the house. Yep, that was Twilight, and she definitely was skipping. Twilight soon came up to her. She had her creepy smile on. Applejack shuddered.

“Uh, hey, Twi...what’s gotten ya in such a good mood?”

Twilight said, “Well, I was in my house watching the grains of wood move, and Spike said you might know something about that, but now I have this sudden urge to hear you play your banjo!”

Applejack glared at Twilight. This was not Twilight. But still, if’n she wanted to hear some of her banjo, who was she to deny her the sweet pleasure of down-home country music?

Applejack smiled uneasily as she picked up her banjo. “Alright, anything for a friend.” Twilight nodded forcefully, causing Applejack some unease. She strummed a few notes, then started playing in earnest. She then began to sing:

Oh, give me a home where the Buffalo roam
Where the Deer and the Antelope play;
Where seldom is heard a discouraging word,
And the sky is not cloudy all day.


A home! A home! On the range
Where the Deer and the Antelope play,
Where seldom is heard a discouraging word,
And the sky is not clouded all day.

Oh! give me a land where the bright diamond sand
Throws its light from the glittering streams,
Where glideth along the graceful white swan,
Like the maid in her heavenly dreams.

A home! A home! On the range
Where the Deer and the Antelope play,
Where seldom is heard a discouraging word,
And the sky is not clouded all day.

Oh! give me a gale of the Celestia vale,
Where the life streams with buoyancy flow;
On the banks of the Beaver, where seldom if ever,
Any poisonous herbage doth grow.

A home! A home! On the range
Where the Deer and the Antelope play,
Where seldom is heard a discouraging word,
And the sky is not clouded all day.

Applejack let her banjo down to great applause from Twilight, still wearing her creepy smile. Applejack cringed at that.

“That was great, Applejack! In fact, it was heavenly! I could feel the music touch my being!”

Applejack raised an eyebrow at that. “Uh, yeah, thank ya kindly,”

“MORE!”

“Well, ah don’t know if there is anymore!”

Twilight’s smile softened at that. “Why not?”

“‘Cause those’re all tha words ah learned!”

“Oh.” Twilight said defeatedly, her face turning into a frown. Tears started appearing in her eyes.

Applejack smarted at that. “Well...uh...uh...why don’t ya try sommea our cider! I’m sure that’ll lift yer spirits!”

Twilight smiled again, Applejack dismayed to see that it was the creepy smile again.

“Ooooh, I love your cider! Lemme get some!”

Applejack sighed, then went inside. She came back out with a mug of cider. “Here ya go, sugarcube. Drink up.” Twilight greedily telekinetically grabbed the cider from Applejack’s hooves and thirstily drank it up, Applejack raising an eyebrow at this. This was not the Twilight she knew. “So, how was it?”

Twilight eyes widened. “Ooooh, it was great! It was like the apples were massaging my taste buds with their love and sharing it with me!”

Not the Twilight she knew.

Applejack held up a hoof to Twilight’s head, noticing it was warm. “Ya sure yer all right there, sugarcube? Ya seem ta be runnin’ a bit of a fever.”

Twilight shook her head. “Never felt better!” and took off into the sky, which was a very strange sight indeed. Twilight didn’t usually fly like that. Applejack took her hat off and held it to her barrel.

Something’s wrong with that mare.