• Published 17th Jun 2013
  • 3,069 Views, 127 Comments

With Great Power - SuperPinkBrony12



Shining Armor, Twilight, and Trixie are all related to each other through Star Swirl the Bearded. Let the headaches begin.

  • ...
20
 127
 3,069

All's well that ends well

In the end the only punishment Rarity faced was apologizing to Lyra and the citizens of Ponyville for getting so carried away. She also promised never to take charge of the town again, and if she did she would be severly punished. Thanks in no small part to Rarity's pleading and begging the citizens of Ponyville quickly forgave her, and the incident soon faded from memory.

"I really am sorry for the way I acted." Rarity said to her friends at Sugarcube Corner the next day "I just got so obessed with all the attention everyone was giving me that I let it go straight to my head and I went crazy."

"That's understandable Rarity." Applejack said "We're just glad everypony was o.k."

"Yeah it's all fun and games until somepony gets hurt." Pinkie Pie said "After all getting hurt's no fun."

"I'm lucky to have such good friends and family members.'" Rarity said "Every one of you displayed a lot of guts when you stood up to me."

"Well after everything that we've been through you should've expected no less from us." Twilight said. Then she turned to Trixie "So are you finally going to tell me why you decided to help Shining Armor and I take down Rarity?"

"I must admit I'm intrested as well." Rarity said "After all if you hadn't shown up I doubt we'd be sitting around discussing it."

"Do you Really want to know?" Trixie asked.

"Yes." Twilight said "We're all ears."

Trixie sighed and took a deep breath. "Very well then." she said "Trixie must warn you that this story is not for the faint of heart."

"I'm sure we can handle whatever it is." Twilight said "Go on."

"Don't say Trixie didn't warn you." Trixie said and began her story. "The truth is Twilight Sparkle you were right all along when you said Trixie was jealous. Trixie was jealous of you."

"Are you serious?" Twilight asked.

"Very serious." Trixie said "You see for as long as Trixie can remember everyone has always held high expectations for her. Trixie's father was always trying to make a name for himself as the greatest magican who ever lived and so he never really had time for Trixie. Trixie never really knew her mom, her dad told her that her mom was unable to put up with the long hours her dad spent on the road and ran off. The only fond memory Trixie has of her childhood was when her father taught her how to use magic, as he intended to eventually teach Trixie all his tricks and have her join him in his show."

"So what happened?" Rainbow Dash asked.

Trixie sighed "Not long after Trixie started attending school there was a terrible accident. One of her father's tricks had gone horribly wrong and he was left unable to perform ever again. From that day forward Trixie was forced to fend for herself and make a living anyway she knew how."

"And that's why you became a perfomer isn't it?" Flutterhsy asked.

Trixie nodded "You are correct. Trixie tried her best to be like her father in order to make enough to support herself and her father. But she could never be as good as her father, a fact that her old stallion constantly reminded of her. Eventually Trixie couldn't take it anymore and ran off, she constantly traveled from town to town, intrested only in making a name for herself. But not long after her stage career began Trixie made the decision to come to Ponyville and well you all know how well that turned out."

Twilight and her friends could still remember that not so friendly visit. Needless to say the memories made them feel really guilty.

Trixie continued "And of course Trixie already explained in her last visit what happened after that so Trixie shall skip to after her second visit to Ponyville. Trixie thought she could finally start fresh and returned home. But she found out that her father had gotten sick and since he had no money he did not see a doctor. Trixie had returned just as he drew his last breaths and Trixie pleaded with him to forgive her. Trixie felt guilty, beliving that she was reponsible for her father's death and took to the streets once again. This time taking on whatever odd jobs she could find. But everyone seemed to expect so much out of Trixie and Trixie was unable to live up to them. Trixie drifted from job to job and from town to town looking for a way to finally make a living. Then when she found that she was related to Twilight Sparkle who had recently become Equestria's newest Princess Trixie assumed that everyone would expect even more of her. And she grew jealous once again, she figured that it was unfair that Twilight Sparkle had life hoofed to her on a silver plater while Trixie could barely afford to feed herself."

"Trixie I had no idea." Twilight said "You should've said something sooner, I could've arranged something. Maybe even put in a good word for you in some place like Manehattan or Fillydelphia."

"No Twilight." Trixie said "Trixie's pride would never have allowed that. Anyway when Spike asked Trixie how she could live with herself Trixie finally started to feel something she had never felt before. Love. For once in her life Trixie had others who truly cared about her and Trixie had foolishly thrown it away. But then Trixie realized it wasn't too late to turn it all around and finally make a name for herself. She would no longer be known as 'The Great and Powerful Trixie, The pony who only cared about herself', she would be known as 'The Great and Humble Trixie, The pony who cared about others'. And that is what prompted Trixie to teleport to the train station and use all the money she had been saving from her various jobs to buy the train tickets."

A silence came over everyone as Trixie finished her story. "That's quite a story." Twilight said "Is she telling the truth Applejack?"

"Yep her story's as true as can be." Applejack replied.

"Does this mean we can finally put our differences aside once and for all?" Twilight asked "Because I'd certainly like to have you as a friend and not an enemy."

"Trixie agrees and accepts your offer of friendship." Trixie said. The two of them promptly shook hooves. Everyone smiled.

"Hey you know what this calls for?" Pinkie Pie asked, breaking the mood.

"What?" Trixie asked.

"I think I know." Twilight said.

"A party!" Pinkie Pie said happily.

"I knew it." Twilight said.

A few hours later Pinkie Pie hosted a combination hero party for Twilight, Shining Armor, Trixie, and Lyra, a I'm sorry party for Rarity, and a "Twilight and Trixie are now friends" party. Just before the party began Twilight pulled her cousin Vinyl Scratch aside and learned that just as she had assumed Vinyl was also a descendant of Star Swirl the Bearded.

The party itself was a grand affair and everypony who was anypony was there. Everyone drank plently of punch and ate plently of cake. By the end there was not a single slice of cake or a single drop of punch left and even if there was no one would've wanted any. They were all stuffed to the brim.

The day after Twilight, Shining Armor, and Trixie returned to their home in Canterlot along with Spike who had come down to Ponyville after Rarity had been defeated. Upon arriving they found a unicorn mare with a crimson red and yellow mane and tail, a light amber coat, and a red and yellow shimmering sun for a cutie mark. "Um hey there." the mare said "I was begining to wonder if anyone was home."

"Who are you?" Twilight asked.

"You've probably never heard of me." the mare said "My name is Sunset Shimmer and I'm a former student of Princess Celestia."

"Hm that's funny. I knew I wasn't the first student Celestia ever had but she never mentioned anything about you." Twilight said.

"Well that's because I did something that lead to me and Celestia having a falling out." Sunset Shimmer explained.

"What did you do?" Twilight asked.

"Let's just say it's something that I'm not proud of." Sunset Shimmer said "And my attitude probably didn't help my case. I really don't like to talk about it though."

"Well what are you doing here?" Twilight asked.

"I found out I was related to Star Swirl the Bearded and I figured I should at least introduce myself to my new family members." Sunset Shimmer said.

"Well the more the merrier right?" Twilight asked Shining Armor and Trixie. Both of them nodded in response.

"Thanks." Sunset Shimmer said "And if it's alright with you could I stay here for a while?"

"Don't you have your own place?" Twilight asked.

"I have a recently purchased home in the Crystal Empire." Sunset Shimmer said "But when I heard about that Star Swirl the Bearded exhibit I thought I'd come here because I'm certain Princess Celestia will show up. I'd like to at least apologize to her for what I did."

"Well if it's o.k. with everyone else then I don't see why not." Twilight said "Well what do you think?"

"Like you said Twily the more the merrier." Shining Armor said.

"I suppose Trixie won't mind too much." Trixie said "After all now that you and Trixie are friends you could use another rival to keep you on your toes."

And so Sunset Shimmer was welcomed into the group. The rest of the days leading up to the Museum of Ancient Pony History's new Star Swirl the Bearded exhibit passed uneventfully. The opening itself had a lot of press coverage and every pony that had been confirmed as a descendant of Star Swirl the Bearded was present, including Rarity, Sweetie Belle, Lyra Heartstrings, and Vinyl Scratch as well as their friends. Sunset Shimmer and Princess Celestia managed to patch things though they did so in private and away from the media hounds.

After the exhibit was opened to the public life went to being normal for everyone. Or at least as normal as life usually got.

Comments ( 26 )

And so this fic draws to a close. I hope you've enjoyed it.

Stick around as more stories should be coming soon.

Kinda a meh ending. Throwing in all those new relatives kinda took away from it for me. It was fine for the story when it was just the four of them but then even after all the excitement you kept adding more and it was just like, Why?

You know who write about next? The mother/son relationship(not that kind of relationship sickos) of Princess Celestia and Spike.

Wow. You used EVERY SINGLE unicorn I suggested! Even Sunset! I wub you so much. :rainbowkiss:

it wasn't bad but that ending was so.........:unsuresweetie: I guess bland is the best way I can describe it. oh well, still not bad

2767123 Thanks. I'm eventually going to write a story involving how Sunset Shimmer could be worked into the continuity of FiM without Equestria Girls but I want to wait until I see the movie and learn what caused her to have a falling out with Celestia.

You know Sunset has an attitude similar to Trixie in the movie minus the annoying habit of speaking in third person, maybe that's why she had Snips and Snails as her henchmen.

2771522 Maybe. Especially since it takes place after Season 3 regardless of cannon. I heard that human Trixie does appear as well though. (Haven't see the movie yet by the way.)

2771572 She only has one line in the movie.

2771584 I'm surprised she speaks at all. I thought she'd be a cameo person like humanized Vinyl Scatch.

2771930 I wanted Vinyl to speak. But we'll have to deal with Trixie.

I'm going to have to give this story a down vote, but I'd at least like to tell you why first.

It started with Rarity. They joke about the attention going to her head, but that isn't foreshadowing. Since you have her own internal dialog going on about how works going to be harder, and if worst comes to worst she'll have to ask for Fluttershy's help.

IF Rarity was mobbed by ponies who wanted a hand out to the riches that one descended from the most famous pony of all time, or she got in over her head with poperazi [sp?], or even if a Trixie Alicorn amulet like thing where a powerful magician came and assaulted her to prove that they were more powerful than a descendant of Star Swirls. Those would've been believeable. That had a very possible lead up.

Going from worried about business to mere moments later with no lead up going mentally freaking insane. And Flutters and Pinks (who knew a problem was brewing around Rarity) just bowing there acting against their friends made no sense. Pinkie at least would've helped save Lyra, or would've tried saving Rarity from herself. Hell, she's a bucking Reality Warper. With Pinkie Sense (predictive powers similar to Spidey Sense). She wouldn't be afraid of what Rares would do. And Fluttershy sure as heck wouldn't stand by and let an innocent get hurt. She has the freaking Stare for crying out loud. That's at least somewhat decent crowd control against Rarity to get Lyra away. This is of course if you had gone into leading up to this moment the proper way. As it had been done should never have come up in the least. It was unbelieveable and took away from the story alot.

Then you have this chapter. Bringing in Sunset Shimmer into the fic and she's a relative ... Just freaking wrecked this story for me. There is no possible way that she was led up to or should've entered this fic. She has no reason for existing here. A resolution to Trixie, was good. A touching family moment, would've been a good happy ending. How you did it just ruined a story that started strong, then sunk big time at the end.


I hope you have good luck on your other fics.

-TheGreatEater

Eh, could have been better, more thought out.

3344447 Well do you like it, hate it, or are you indifferent?

3344566 It seems a little rushed to me somehow. No real understanding of what was happening or how. Rarity takes over a town... how? And the ending. Just... poof:
:twilightangry2: "Rarity, you've been a bad filly."
:duck: "I'm sorry."
:twilightsmile: "Yay! We're friends again!"
... seems a little too easy.

3344633 Really? And yet somehow Rarity took down a Prince, almost took down a Princess, and had to be restrained by two other unicorns. I'd hardly call that easy. Unless you're referring to her punishment.

3344645 I was referring to after that, when Twilight cornered Rarity after she took down Shining Armor.

3344660 You mean when Twilight fooled Rarity by playing possum? Cause when she revealed that trick Trixie and Lyra had already succeeded in restraining Rarity.

2767123 I thought it was prince blueblood

3498296a lyre is smaller, handheld. A harp is played by balancing it on the ground and shoulder, as opposed to in the lap. Also, harps have more stings, and thus a higher range.

Apparently genetics (or I should say geneology) can indeed work mysteriously in Equestria as of the last episode. I guess that makes at least three fics that predated "Pinkie Apple Pie", published by me, which included an idea present in said episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81QPymhBou0 i have started a series wher ei read this fim fic

3875959 Derped link there buddy. Might wanna try again. :derpyderp1:

sorry if the sound quality sucks, i had done the best i could useing my laptops mic which kinda sucks but i hope you still enjoyed it ^_^ please leave a like comment and sub thanks

Wow cool story, The only problem with it, is that it ends. But alas everything good thing must come to an end.:twilightsmile:

A classic case of, "Show, don't tell."

Login or register to comment