• Published 17th Jun 2013
  • 3,068 Views, 127 Comments

With Great Power - SuperPinkBrony12



Shining Armor, Twilight, and Trixie are all related to each other through Star Swirl the Bearded. Let the headaches begin.

  • ...
20
 127
 3,068

The truth will set you free

Star Swirl the Bearded breathed heavily. He knew his time was limited. Lighting up his horn he levitated a quill and began to write a letter that he knew would be his last.

The letter went as follows.

As I am writing this my old age has finally caught up to me, and I know this will be the last letter I will ever write. You all know me as Star Swirl the Bearded, the greatest unicorn of all time and the founder of the animorphic spell.

However, what you do not know about me is that there is one thing I always wanted. More than fame, more than fortune, more than glory. More than anything else I wanted a family, a loving family that would continue my legacy long after I am gone.

Shortly after Equestria was founded I attended a ceremony, announcing the ascension of my student, Clover the Clever, into the ranks of royalty. While there I met this beautiful young mare. Her blue coat glistened and sparkled like the night sky, her majesitc red mane and golden eyes, made her look irresistable to me. It was not long before I realized that I had found what I was looking for, a mare that I could call my own.

The next day I introduced myself to the beautiful mare, and she told me that her name was Sweet Dreams. She invited me inside, and for the first time in years I felt young again. I soon discovered that our fields of interest shared much in common. Even though she was but a humble earth pony, I was attracted to her and asked her out on the spot. She said yes and our courtship was a grand affair.

Before long we agreed to take the next step in our relationship and said those faithful words 'I do'. Thus we were married, and we spent our honeymoon in the newly established capital city of Equestria, Canterlot. However, unlike those stories of fantasy that ponies have come up, with our marriage did not have a happy ending. For reasons I still do not know, my lovely wife was taken from me during child birth, her final gift to me were two fillies that she named Spectrum and Star Song.

These are the very fillies that I claimed I had found abandoned on my doorstep as foals. I know now that such a lie was selfish of me, and that I should not have tried to forget about the existence of my wife, even though she left me before her time. Regardless, I taught the two fillies everything I know, and so I entrust them with carrying on my legacy when I am no longer of this world.

Sweet Dreams, my dear. I can only hope that you are waiting for me in the next life, and that you have forgiven me for all the things I said and did after you were gone.

Star Swirl put the quill down. He left the letter on the desk in the hopes that someone would read it and went upstairs. Every step he took threatened to be his last, but he eventually reached his bedroom. Climbing into bed he removed his signature hat and cape for what would be the last time. The old stallion took one last deep breath and closed his eyes, never to open them again.

The next morning Princess Clover, who had always been known as Clover the Clever to Star Swirl came by. She grew worried when her former mentor did not answer the door. Using her magic she unlocked the door and went inside. Not seeing Star Swirl at his desk, hunched over a pile of notes only made her worries grow, and thus she did not notice the letter that sat on the desk. Fearing the worst Clover went upstairs, upon entering Star Swirl's bedroom she saw her mentor's trade mark hat and cloak neatly hung up on the nearby rack. And there was Star Swirl himself, at first glimpse he appeared to be sleeping, but when Clover the Clever felt his hoof her fears were confirmed as the hoof felt cold.

Her mentor, the mighty Star Swirl the Bearded was no more. Clover was heartbroken.