• Published 13th Mar 2013
  • 18,095 Views, 914 Comments

Let the Silence Sing - Aegis Shield



Celestia decides that Big Mac's barn is an excellent place to take naps. Big Mac decides that Celestia is a welcome guest.

  • ...
61
 914
 18,095

Sing

Let the Silence Sing
Part 8: Sing

One Week Later…

“This is it, here.” Celestia said gently, gesturing. A few doors down from the royal apartments, a new doorway had been created. “It will only open for you, I promise.” She smiled, pointing to the little apple symbol painted next to the doorknob. Leaning, she opened it to reveal a wall beyond. Stepping aside, she let him try.

Big Macintosh reached for the door, closed it, and reopened it. The whoosh of warm summer air touched his face. He blinked in wonder, sticking his head through. Beyond the archway was Sweet Apple Acres! Turning his head this way and that, he found that the magical archway had attached itself to the side of one of his family’s seed silos. He smiled broadly.

“Now you can come visit me, whenever you like, without having to take the train or a sky chariot.” The Alicorn waited for him to lean back. “Nopony else may pass through it, so you don’t have to worry about any shady sorts coming through to the palace. Its protected.” She chuckled merrily. He smiled up at her, and they shared a quick nuzzle after he shut the door. “Do you like it?” she asked.

“Yup.” He said, nodding rapidly.

“Then let’s go to brunch. My sister is eager to meet you.” The white alicorn turned. Both waiting guards saluted, then fell in line behind them. The couple walked the palace halls together, getting curious looks from everypony they passed. Maids cocked their heads at Big Mac’s massive hooves, then tutted at the trail of dirt he seemed to leave in his wake. Nobles and Statesponies stared curiously, unsure of what to make of such a thing. They murmured back and forth conspiratorially. The great red stallion was clearly something special, pulling their Princess’ eye like that. Now and then a servant would wave or smile at them.

Big Mac felt overwhelmed at all the fancy, high-ceiling’d halls and intricate filigree. The palace was a different world than his own. He felt small and insignificant in it all. But then he remembered Celestia was right there beside him and he felt better. He caught her eye and smiled. Her eyes lidded into a cute, earnest sort of grin.

Princess Celestia’s mind was already projecting the future. Suppose things… you know, worked out between them? Then what? She’d made no assumptions, but suppose they really and actually did?

The Alicorn Amulet had been recovered, after centuries of being lost. She could extend his life as long as he wished and she could keep him as a proper companion. Shining Armor had received a dose of its magic a few months after his honeymoon. Cadance had been elated when Twilight Sparkle had recovered it from Trixie of all ponies. Shining Armor was slated to live until age 1200 or so… then he’d probably get another dose of it. The trinket was designed to emulate the powers of an alicorn for anypony that wore it. A unicorn would grow stronger in magic. A Pegasus would split the sky in its flight. An earth pony, however, would live forever. Why something so specific? Earth ponies represented the never-ending cycles of the earth, of the birth and rebirth of all things living. Alicorns lived forever, and that facet of their power had been imprinted into the amulet as the earth pony side of things. However! If an alicorn wielded the Alicorn Amulet, she could bestow its gifts on another pony like a tattoo. A fixture to the core of their beings that would last centuries. He or she wouldn’t have to wear it all the time. In all technicality, if Celestia or Luna wanted, they could have husbands. The amulet itself had been created some centuries ago when Luna had fallen in love with a stallion, very deeply. Sadly, it hadn't worked out and she'd passionately discarded it into a rushing river. She’d even colored it to match his fur and mane, so she couldn't look at it at the time. (His name was Sombra.)


=-----=-----=-----=-----=


Princess Luna, Princess Cadance, Prince Blueblood, and Prince Shining Armor fidgeted in their seats a little. The royal dining room was rarely occupied by all of them at the same time. But, so rare was it an occasion that Princess Celestia had a very special somepony, well—wouldn’t YOU come rushing to meet him? I thought so.

They perked up when the double doors were opened by servants. Celestia glided into the room with all her usual grace. Next to her plodded a red earth pony stallion. Everypony around the table beamed. They hadn’t known what to expect, but they were glad it wasn’t a stuffy lord or something strange.

“Come in!” Offered Blueblood, lighting his horn to pull back a chair for him. Big Mac smiled politely, slipping up and into the seat. “I’m Prince Bloodblood, you must be Big Macintosh!” he said, shaking his hoof firmly. He gestured around the table, introducing everypony. “It’s so good to meet you.” He gave his perfect, blonde mane a toss. He liked Big Mac already. A humble, farmer-looking stallion? Excellent! He himself had to beat off gold diggers with a stick, practically. Countryside ponies were known to be noble, humble, upright sorts. He was glad his aunt had chosen such a good stallion. Good for her!

Celestia took her seat at the head of the table. Luna smiled, but it didn’t reach her eyes. The white alicorn knew her sister was still sulking a little. Ambassador Doppleganger had returned to the southern badlands, back to the hive. He was a diplomat, after all, and his visit had come to an end. He would be back in a few months, with counter-offers and other reperation talks from Queen Chrysalis. But, it wouldn’t keep Luna from missing him (and writing him lusty, giggly love letters). The white alicorn touched her sister’s hoof, smiling gently. Luna returned the smile.

<He seems very nice, sister.> Luna’s thoughts touched Celestia’s mind. Thought-speak was for private, royal conversations. Celestia gave her a look, though, to make her speak aloud instead. It was rude in such good company.

Even Celestia’s coltfriend was not above being cross-examined by the eager family sorts. They wanted to hear all about Big Macintosh, where he came from, what he did, and so on. He wasn’t much of a stallion for long conversation, but he gave them answers and shy smiles when they asked if they’d kissed or anything yet. Nods were appropriate there.

“Mine sister is aglow with happiness, that is all I care for.” Luna said firmly. There was nodding, and Big Mac blushed a slightly darker red. Reaching, the night time Princess clinked her glass with a fork a few times. Servants came with soup and salad for them, along with aromatic garlic bread and sweet water. It was a light-food, conversation-heavy sort of meal. Early brunch, considering the time of day.

Big Mac was thankful when the spotlight slid off of him for a bit and they accepted him. Blueblood was supposed to be in a horn-fencing tournament soon. Shining Armor and Cadance were still trying for a foal or two. Luna had just finished eliminating over forty-seven outdated tax laws from the books, streamlining the process in certain places. Despite the table he was sitting at, the crimson stallion felt like he was watching a normal family. Celestia caught his eye and smiled lovingly. He put a massive hoof briefly over hers before pondering over the seven forks and spoons in front of him. He was thankful for the portal-door Celestia had made for him— he knew he wouldn’t survive long in such a fancy place if Celestia wasn’t next to him at all times.

He entertained the thought for a few moments. Celestia next to him at all times. He blushed a little. They were just starting dating. Sort-of-dating anyway. Who knew if it would work out or not. He liked things how they were now and if they went further than that, well… they’d cross that bridge when they came to it. No doubt the newspapers and other riffraff would get ahold of this news soon and they’d have to be careful where and how they met, but— “Oh, pardon me, sir.” A servant had appeared with the morning paper. “The morning paper, your majesties.” He bowed to the five royals and Big Macintosh.

Big Mac set it to one side, smiling to himself as he reached for another breadstick to dip in his soup. But, his hoof froze. He unfolded the paper. Plastered across the front page was a candid shot of himself, ontop of Celestia, making out like the world was ending! His mouth fell open in icy, gut-wrenching embarrassment.

PRINCESS SMOOCHES SOUTHERN STALLION,
SWELTERING SUMMER ROMANCE IGNITES!

The headline was positively blistering. He went pale. In the photo Celestia was splayed out on her back under him like a mare in heat, her mane looking wild and alive. His barrel was pressed to hers so hard he looked like he owned her. He was thankful they’d only been kissing, holy cow… Judging from the angle and such, that pony must’ve been very close by. But who? The sub-header gave it all away and Big Mac’s eyes widened.

LOCAL FOAL PHOTOGRAPHER GIVES EXCLUSIVE STORY!

Bucking. Featherweight. He must’ve been hiding in the loft the last time they were there! Luna saw what she thought she saw on the front page, snatching up the paper and bringing it to her nose. Her eyes locked on the photo, her mouth making a perfectly scandalous o-shape. Then she burst into uproarious laughter, turning it over to show the others. Celestia turned as red as a… well… apple. This was certainly an interesting way to start out in a relationship!



THE END

Author's Note:

Be sure to read the sequel!
Let the Silence Sing 2!

~Aegis

Comments ( 217 )
Comment posted by Jkight1212 deleted Mar 24th, 2013

Damn........nice way to end the story there man. I wish I hadn't already given you a thumb up just so I could it now.

One of the sweeter stories I've read, excellent work:trollestia::heart::eeyup:

Nice ending on this. I wonder if you're considering a sequel? It would be interesting to see how they wound up making a go at it, and if it was for the long haul.

Five stars. Would read a sequel.

It's so nice to read shipping stories with a free shipping ad at the end of every chapter!

Very nice story^^
I look forward to the next one my friend!^^

I laughed.

It was good

....That was super fast. :rainbowhuh:

So origins of the Amulet and Sombra. Ok now that is interesting, Blueblood accepts that his aunt is dating Mac, you don't see that too often... perhaps he should hook up with AJ, I mean she is a fine upstanding farming mare that isn't a gold digger.

So this is the end of the story, and now I do wonder if there will be a sequel since now everypony and their grandmother knows that Celestia is dating Mac.... two words Political Shitstorm. Still you've done a damn good job with this story and good progression on the romance. Plus having Blueblood not being an ass is a good touch.

I look forward to seeing more.

Short, but sweet. Bravo, good sir! :pinkiehappy:

Damn it Featherweight... That probably isn't something a foal should see anyway.

Must it end? :fluttershysad:

And so this sonnet comes to an end, i really wanted to see more of it, If you would be so kind as to do an epilogue who knows what would happen! eitherway i loved this story great job

Welp.

:rainbowlaugh:

The Alicorn Amulet: Created by Luna, able to grant normal ponies eternal life, therefore making a romance between a princess and everpony else possible. Hereby permanently ingrained in my headcannon...

God dammit Aegis, you just ruined a whole genre of Romance/Sad fics for me.

Dat ending :rainbowlaugh:
Excellent story good sir! :moustache:

great read,you can always trust aegis to put up quality work :moustache:

:v now to hope someone makes Luna X Doppelganger into a glorious fanfic at some point, for I desire this shop so much O_o

Ah, it's over. I wasn't prepared for this.

FeatherWEIGHT!!!!!!!

holy crap i have a whole new view of Blueblood now the you show this. it makes me think that he may have thought Rarity was a gold digger and that is why he treated her like crap.

:raritydespair: That ending... toooooo sooooooon!
:raritycry: Why all good fanfics die so young (just 8 chapters... really? there should be at least over 500!).

:moustache: Leaving my drama aside... I love it. Please keep up the epic work my good sir or mam.

Yours truly... :pinkiecrazy: The stalker under your bed. NecromancerX69

Ps... :pinkiehappy: We need more stories like this

:trollestia: :heart: :eeyup:

So much D'awwww in this story. Aegis, you are an artist when it comes to stories such as this. Keep doing what you do best!

“Come in!” Offered Blueblood, lighting his horn to pull back a chair for him. Big Mac smiled politely, slipping up and into the seat. “I’m Prince Bloodblood, you must be Big Macintosh!” he said, shaking his hoof firmly. He gestured around the table, introducing everypony. “It’s so good to meet you.” He gave his perfect, blonde mane a toss. He liked Big Mac already. A humble, farmer-looking stallion? Excellent! He himself had to beat off gold diggers with a stick, practically. Countryside ponies were known to be noble, humble, upright sorts. He was glad his aunt had chosen such a good stallion. Good for her!

With that paragraph alone, you broke my image of scumbag Blueblood.
Great story!:twilightsmile:

Huh. Ok story, but the ending was a bit sudden.

Clearly Featherweight has too much free time on his hooves. Since he likes spending so much time on the farm, maybe a little farm work would do him some good. Put some muscle on those skinny little twigs he calls legs.

A very excellent place to end the story indeed!

2309683
Blueblood insulted A.J.'s baking in a rather arrogant manner I think if he ourted her she'd tell him off royally (pun intended). Though for all that, I think he did get more hate than warranted from the episode, and it's nice to see him in a story other than as a complete jerk.

Dat ending.
*pulls out megaphone* LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOOOOOL

Poor Featherweight is probably scarred for life...
Oh well. At lease he's set for life with the money for those pictures. :eeyup:

2310076
He also got a face full of pastry, so he was somewhat justified in dissing the bake goods. I do agree that the hate for him really isn't warranted. Also, 2309909 you aren't the only one to think that and there are a few fics to delve into that idea., and 2309989, going be the his main scene he's a ass not a scumbag. Also you three: Give Blueblood Some Character, a group dedicated to expanding his character and for the most part not making him a jackass.

2310136
What do you mean "going be the his main scene"?:rainbowhuh:

I honestly felt that the ending was rather abrupt. The romance just went too perfectly. There wasn't any conflict! I did really like the story, but in the end, it left me feeling empty. Maybe in a sequel, we could see the struggles of Big Mac and Celestia trying to be a couple, with a dose of royal court intrigue? That would have made the story much better, honestly.

Sorry for the somewhat negative review. I do love a lot of your stories, and liked parts of this one. I just want to be honest.:applejackunsure:

i like the fics where Blueblood is not an ass.
Cheezus that ending, what must've been Featherweight thinking when he saw them like that?:twilightoops:

Blueblood, not a douche?! THE END?! AAAAAAAAAHHHHH

2310173 Everypony is zooming in on Blueblood in this chapter, haha. :rainbowlaugh:

sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel sequel

TWO CHAPTERS IN ONE DAAAAY? :pinkiegasp::pinkiegasp::pinkiegasp::pinkiegasp:

THAT CALLS FOR A PARTY! :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

I loved this story. It is so kewt and cuddly without being clopp-y. Good job, sir/ma'am. :raritywink:

:trollestia::eeyup:

Comment posted by MalWinters deleted May 6th, 2013

No sequel, dude. It's a great story, but sometimes ya just gotta step back and be satisfied with your accomplishment.

2310182 i know right, the fics where he is not an ass are rare! like My Little Alicorn 2, The Return of NM and Stallions on Strike!, those are the only ones I've read where he is not a total ass (not till the ending), but then there are some fics that i just hate the guy so much i wanna punch the screen :pinkiecrazy:

Oh so Big Mac will be immortal eh?

I just got to do a double like~!

A doorway to Sweet Apple Acres? Sayyyyyyy........Now you're thinking with portals!:eeyup:

:pinkiehappy:

Not bad.

Might as well join the chorus, always nice to see a non-jackass Blueblood. I really like the Alicorn Amulet ideas here.

hope there is a side story or more, you sire, are a fucking brilliant einstein-level genius!

2310182

*cough* Blue Blood is best pony *cough*

Love that, a fair point to end it at, would have loved a Rarity Vs Blue Blood round two with this Blue Blood you have set up, but you have bigger and better things to move on to! :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment