• Published 3rd Mar 2024
  • 3,344 Views, 161 Comments

Apple Hospitality - Maonyman



Anon befriends the apple family while working on their farm. Applejack gets a little more than she bargained for.

Comments ( 13 )

That chapter hits hard. But you know what? AJ did throw a massive red flag. I'm not sure, in real life, if it would be smart for Anon to try to start it up again. The fact he already has a new admirer means there are plenty of fish in the sea. The tear-jerking story about AJ's trauma is yet another red flag that shouldn't be ignored. The idea that she just 'sees the light' and never again feels surges of anger/hate is wishful thinking. Nobody likes to be rejected, and he was rejected thoroughly. I dont think a person is going to just bounce back unphased after such an episode. My advice to him would be to refuse to wallow in self pitty, scrub his mental hard drive of any imagined futures with AJ that he'd cooked up in their short relationship and move forward. Create a business rather than looking for work. And perhaps moving to a place with more opportunity would be a great place to start.

In Street Fighter Alpha you could link Ken and Ryu's life bars to fight, both players against Bison/Vega at the same time. The bar dropped fast when they both took damage, but their power meter shot up so much faster....

Byaz #4 · March 25th · · ·

The Factory must grow.

Even with Granny relaying that whole story, he really might be better off getting to know Valencia and possibly giving dating her a try. Suspect he won't though.

SRY
SRY #6 · March 25th · · ·

Yeah....as much as it will suck I'm going to go with he should just write Applejack off. Way too much fucked up stuff there. She will never be a good romantic partner to him without a shit ton of therapy. Even if he patches things up he will always be metaphorically walking on eggshells around her and letting her run roughshod over his wants and desires. A relationship with her without her fixing the underlying problem is doomed to fail at some point.

The story Granny Smith tells just kinda comes off as flat if I was Anon. I agree with him that it does nothing to help. AppleJack was really coming off as a real bitch. Stubborn or not, it was really uncalled for what she did to him. I don't know myself if I could have forgiven her. I mean sure maybe if she had come over and tried to smooth things out, but no. The very next encounter he had with her was a slap in the face. Not even an attempt to reconcile or make amends for blowing up on him. Cycle or not, what she did on that chance meeting out front of the grocery store was cold. Applejack needs a good slap across the face to reign her in and knock her down a peg. Or maybe there is a chance with this new mare he has met. She seems generally interested. Give it a go Anon. New winds are blowing and all he has to do is set sail.

Gets the story, read the story and.......

This went to hell real fast. Anon needs to flee Ponyville or stay the hell away from the Mane 6.

I think you've done a great job writing AJ as a complex and difficult character, but I have to agree with the other commenters. I just can't see a situation in which they can get back together that would seem natural without anon being a spineless doormat. The backstory was neat but doesn't excuse her behavior towards him much.

This new mare however...

Dam it that's sad was hoping for Anon and AJ to work out

Thus far I can't help but feel anon has been spineless and it's oh so frustrating. Many a story features a spineless anon and never do they do anything to fix it. Anon just shrugs and forgives and quickly forgets. I hope that this will be a different and refreshing take but all signs point to another lack luster ending with no one suffering any real consequences for their actions.

Hello, I really like how the story is going, will you continue with it? I would like it that way

11872449
Yes I will continue it. Sorry for the slow update, been feeling like shit the past couple weeks.

Login or register to comment