• Published 24th Jun 2022
  • 1,528 Views, 13 Comments

Preston Garvey In Equestria - Bendy



Twilight summons Preston Garvey for help with the Cutie Map. She soon regrets her decision.

  • ...
6
 13
 1,528

Preston Garvey

Late at night, the large alicorn Princess Twilight Sparkle anxiously looked at the Cutie Map. She had not had a friendship problem in weeks. Was this the end? Had she finally fixed everything? Could she finally retire and read books all day until the end of time?

She shook her head. “No! There has to be friendship problems! I just need some help!” she shouted.

Twilight made to light up her horn with a deep pink glow. There then came a flash, and then an African American appeared before her. He wore a worn, open beige coat with a thin brown belt wrapped around it. Underneath, he wore a dark brown jumper, and around his neck, he had a dark green scarf. Down below, he wore brown pants and thick leather boots.

To top it all off, he wore a cowboy leather hat with a bent on the left side. He wore a completely neutral face. He was unfazed about being teleported into another dimension.

Twilight raised her front, right hoof to greet him.“Preston Garvey, I’ve heard many a tale about you. It said you are well known to find problems.”

Preston Garvey simply stood there, staring at her blankly for a moment, before he spoke in a dull, monotone voice. “General, I’ve gotten word about another settlement that needs our help. I’ll mark it on your map.”

Twilight tilted her head to the side curiously. ”Already? You just got here.”

“I've heard of another settlement that's in trouble. I’ll mark it on your map.”

Twilight gasped in joy, clapping her two, front hooves together. “Whoa. You are amazing. So, uh, what do you think of this place?”

“General, another settlement needs our help. Apparently, someone's been kidnapped. I’ll mark it on your map.”

“Uhh, that's not what I asked you. I asked what do you think of this settlement? As in the town Ponyville.”

“I've gotten word about another settlement that's being threatened by raiders. I’ll mark it on your map.”

Twilight gasped, bringing a hoof over her mouth. “Raiders? Have the griffons broken their long peace with us?”

“One of our settlements is asking for help. I’ll mark it on your map.”

She blinked at him and gave him a dumbfounded look. “Uhh, is everything you say something to do with a settlement?”

“General, I’ve gotten word about another settlement that needs our help. I’ll mark it on your map.”

“Yes, Preston Garvey, I get it. Another settlement needs our help. Is there anything in this specific geographical area, which is also a settlement that needs help?” she said sternly, starting to become impatient with him.

“I've heard of another settlement that's in trouble. I’ll mark it on your map.”

Twilight snorted, shaking her head. “Preston Garvey… answer the question, please.”

“General, another settlement needs our help. I’ll mark it on your map.” Twilight simply growled angrily in answer. “General, another settlement needs our help. I’ll mark it on your map.” Twilight simply growled angrily in answer. “General, another settlement needs our help. I’ll mark it on your map.”

Twilight raised her front hooves high into the air, before dropping them down on the floor with a loud bang, cracking the floor with her super alicorn strength. Preston Garvey was not remotely startled at this. He simply looked at her with the same dull expression.

“Just stop it! Please! You are starting to annoy me!” she shouted, with her horn glowing menacingly with her magic.

“General, another settlement needs our–.” Twilight flashed her horn, zipping his mouth shut with a spell.

“Shut up-shut-up-shut-up! Say something that isn’t related to settlements!” she shouted, glaring at him with her eyes narrowed to slits.

Twilight gave Preston Garvey a moment, before undoing the spell. The moment she did so, he spoke a familiar sentence. “General, another settlement needs our help. I’ll mark it on your map.”

Twilight’s left eye twitched from hearing this. “Preston Garvey, are you even sentient? Everything you say is something to do with another settlement needing our help.”

“General, I’ve gotten word about another settlement that needs our help. I’ll mark it on your map.”

Twilight sighed, shaking her head. “Yep, you aren’t sentient. You are literally a robot.”

“General, another settlement needs–.” with a flash from her horn, she zipped his mouth shut again.

“Nnnnnnnnnneeeiiiiiiiihhhhhgggggghhhhhh!” she neighed at him angrily, glaring daggers at him. Her whole body was shaking with anger, along with her mane becoming a total wiry mess. “I can’t take it any longer. I am banishing you back to the horrid land from whence you came, demon!”

She released a quick burst of magic from her horn. Only for nothing to happen.

Her eyes widen in alarm. “Oh… no. I can’t send you back. Well, at the very least I can keep you–.”

He reached up with his right hand and pulled the zipper off his mouth. “General, another settlement needs our help. I’ll mark it on your map.”

Twilight slowly backed away from him, looking at him in sheer terror. “No… no… noooooo!”

“General, another settlement needs our–” before he could finish, she blasted him with a pink particle beam from her horn, turning him into a pile of ash on the floor.

Twilight gasped in horror over what she had done, tears immediately falling down her cheeks. “Oh no! I killed an innocent human being! I’m a monster! I have no right to be a princess if I abuse my power over those weaker than me.”

She took a deep breath. “No… he was a robot. Yes. He wasn’t even alive. Just a mindless machine.”

Twilight told nobody what transpired here. She simply went to bed after this.

She sighed, tucking herself in bed. But then… the glowing ghosty figure of Preston Garvey appeared standing next to her bed. She gasped in horror at the sight of him.

“General, I’ve gotten word about another settlement–." his dull voice became drowned by Twilight's screams of terror.

“Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!” she screamed.

Forever and ever, the ghost of Preston Garvey haunted Twilight. Being an immortal alicorn she was unable to kill herself. Her friends could not see, or hear Preston Garvey. The poor alicorn had to be put away in an insane asylum.

Comments ( 13 )

Princess Twilight Sparkle another settlement needs your help...... I'll mark it on your map

And the ashes moved on their own, forming marks on the floor. Oddly, the marks were perfectly formed equiish words which read: General, I’ve gotten word about another settlement that needs our help. I’ll mark it on your map.

Well yeah that tracks for me I think the only reason I chose the Minutemen yesterday when I was playing was because I was on some really really strong painkillers so I could tolerate Preston‘s ramblings. you want me to help another settlement OK do do do do do do do do do do do blast blast smash smash do you do hello mister super mutant I’m giving away free bullets today would you like a sample “filthy bleeder!”understood sir blast hey thanks for the cap Donation have a wonderful day

Might still be feeling a little of the effect

Good story BTW

Forever and ever, the ghost of Preston Garvey haunted Twilight. Being an immortal alicorn she was unable to kill herself. Her friends could not see, or hear Preston Garvey. The poor alicorn had to be put away in an insane asylum.

That ending was priceless:rainbowlaugh:

Kai
Kai #7 · Jun 24th, 2022 · · ·

She shook her head. “No! There has to be friendship problems! I just need some help!” she shouted.

Twilight made to light up her horn with a deep pink glow. There then came a flash, and then an African American appeared before her.

lesson zero unreleased cut is wild

Twilight just needs to install the mod 'We Are The Minutemen', as it lowers the odds of Preston's radiant quests appearing, and sets a hard limit of one per 48 hour (in-game) period. This will allow her to fully appreciate the Minutemen storyline, without the radiant's being too annoying to bear.

You haven't unlocked The Last Minuteman quest yet.

Nnnnnnnnnneeeiiiiiiiihhhhhgggggghhhhhh!” she neighed at him angrily, glaring daggers at him.

You know what they say, hell is other people.

A fate worse than death

Freaking Garvey! Never understood why enough firepower to kill a pair of BIG super mutants wasn't enough to deter bandits. Or why all those minute men waltzing around the base could do it. A General is supposed to command people to handle that stuff, NOT do it himself! AS a character he'd not a bad dude, really. But as to his main function, well, everyone has felt that pain. Now even poor Twilight has!

Honestly, I like Preston. He's an altruistic character in a sea of cynics, raiders, and factions without humanity's best interests at heart. I mostly ignore the settlement/map issue with him, because it's a bug. I've noticed that just before he gives you the mission, for a split second a message appears before being replaced by another, as though the game would have given you a choice but the bug causes it to auto-accept Preston's missions. Preston as a character (not as faction leader/ quest-giver) is awesome, one with a hopeful outlook for the future and a positive vision for the Commonwealth.

As opposed to the Institute (replace people with synths and perform experiments on the Commonwealth), The Brotherhood (just out to kill synths, gather tech, and bully people into giving them food), the Railroad (obsessed with synth, and only synth, slavery), and the Nuka World Raiders (kill and steal from everyone), the Minutemen and Preston look pretty good.

Login or register to comment