• Published 21st Sep 2012
  • 8,206 Views, 265 Comments

Elements of Harm - totallynotabrony

  • ...
51
 265
 8,206

Canterlot

“You all know the plan,” whispered Twilight. The mares and one dragon gathered around her nodded. The unicorn smiled grimly. “Let’s get to it.”

“One thing,” said Rarity. “Could somepony help me get set up?”

“Did you have to pick such a big gun?” complained Rainbow. She begrudgingly assisted the unicorn to set up her weapon. The others dispersed, heading towards the castle in the center of the city.

After the battle of Ponyville, Nightmare Moon’s forces were on high alert. Shadowbolts, diamond dogs, and all matter of evil creatures stalked the streets of Canterlot. It was not going to be an easy fight.

After Rarity was settled, Rainbow rushed to catch up with the rest of the formation. A hail of tracer bullets erupted out of an apartment building and she did a barrel roll, returning fire. The pegasus didn’t have to worry so much about running out of ammunition, because the P90’s magazine held fifty.

Pinkie pumped the action of her grenade launcher and fired a round through an open window of the building. The entire floor blew out. There were other threats on other floors, however. Applejack shot the front door off its hinges with her shotgun. Twilight aimed her pistols inside and opened fire. She expended a couple of seven-round magazines before deciding that all hostiles had been taken down.

From her position, Rarity had been carefully putting down any threat that showed itself. She hadn’t been attacked directly yet, probably because of the lethality of her weapon. Eventually a couple of pegasus Shadowbolts made a charge at her. In an effort to be harder to hit, they swapped positions in midair as if in a living shell game. Rarity carefully timed their maneuvers until they were in a line and then fired. The single high-caliber bullet ripped through all three ponies without stopping.

In the streets, Spike hosed down an improvised bunker that had been set up. Fire poured through gaps in the bulwark, igniting several diamond dogs inside. Applejack and Twilight set up a choke point with interlocking fields of fire and took down their targets as they came pouring out to escape the flames.

With that objective down, the two mares collected Pinkie and ran to catch up to Rainbow, who was engaged in an intense firefight with a couple of Shadowbolts. They were the ones who had found sturdy cover. Others were not so lucky, and the high velocity 5.7x28mm ammunition in Rainbow’s P90 had shredded their flimsy hiding places.

Despite the heavy fire from both sides, neither could gain an advantage. Rainbow was too fast and well-armed, and her opponents were too protected.

“Watch this!” said Pinkie. She aimed her grenade launcher over the heads of the dug-in Shadowbolts and fired. Pulling her Desert Eagle, the pink pony shot the grenade as it passed over the top of the protective cover. The explosion caught the enemy combatants from behind.

Pinkie blew the smoke off the barrel of her weapon and grinned. Rainbow, Twilight, Spike, and Applejack stared at her in astonishment. Their surprise was short-lived however, as an enormous crowd of Shadowbolts, diamond dogs, and various other generic bad guys poured into the street.

The range was far too close for explosives. Pinkie brandished her sidearm and formed a circle with her friends, their backs pressed together. With enemies closing from all sides the only thing that could save them was—

Rarity sighed. She’d hoped to avoid nasty fully automatic firing. The .50 BMG machine gun in front of her bucked on its tripod as the unicorn opened fire. The heavy bullets mowed through the crowd attacking her friends. And they’d called her crazy for putting a scope on a Browning M2.

In seconds, the street was littered with bodies and parts. The fifty-caliber rounds often dismembered, it seemed.

Twilight touched her ear. “Thanks Rarity! We’re about to enter the castle now, so keep watch out here.”

Pinkie used a grenade to blow open the castle doors. Nightmare Moon’s elite guards waited inside. Fighting tooth and hoof, bullet and flame, the battle commenced.

It was certainly a good thing Twilight had six guns, otherwise she wasn’t sure she could keep firing some while reloading the others. Beside her, Applejack slapped a new drum magazine into her AA-12 and resumed shooting. Pinkie sprayed grenades and bullets with equal aplomb. Overhead, Rainbow was ducking and diving, returning more fire than she had to avoid. Spike was assisting all the mares by keeping their attackers at bay with his trusty flamethrower.

They fought their way though the castle, heading for the royal chambers. Applejack shot the lock off an important looking door and kicked it open. Inside, a tall black evil pony stood, surrounded by crates of weapons.

“Nightmare Moon!” shouted Twilight. “We’ve come to take you down!”

The black mare laughed. “You think it will be easy?”

“Well, we did just kill every single one of your guards,” said Pinkie.

“That was just entertainment,” said Nightmare Moon. “Now it’s time for the real fun!” She pulled a M249 machine gun out of one of the crates. The evil mare paused, smirking. “Or how about doubling it?” A second M249 joined the first.

Everypony squared off across the room. Hammers were cocked and actions were racked. The tension built, all of them waiting to see who would move first.

Suddenly, the door slammed open as if hit by a train. Princess Celestia stepped in carrying a M134 Minigun. The weapon’s six barrels began to spin.

In a panic, Nightmare Moon raised her guns and opened fire. Celestia met her barrage with a wall of lead of her own. Both alicorns were powerful, but only one knew how to curve bullets and make them meet others in midair.

Twilight watched in wonder as Princess Celestia shot down all of Nightmare Moon’s bullets, the Minigun easily keeping up with the fire from both M249s at once. Suddenly, the machine guns jammed and blew apart, the result of Celestia’s bullets going the wrong way down their barrels.

The explosion knocked Nightmare Moon back, a veil of blackness stripping away to reveal a blue pony underneath. The newcomer stumbled and fell, more stunned than injured. Celestia lowered her weapon, knowing this pony was no threat.

“Princess, who is that?” asked Twilight. She and her friends turned to listen attentively to the royal pony’s answer.

“It’s my sister, Luna,” explained Celestia. “A thousand years of corruption had tainted her mind, but no longer. I am sorry to have to hurt her, but she should recover.”

Celestia was interrupted by a shriek of pain. Everypony looked to where Luna lay, a bayonet protruding from her chest. A yellow pegasus stood beside her.

“Fluttershy…what did you do?” shouted Twilight.

“Oh, well, I thought about what happened in Ponyville and I decided that a knife was a much better way to deal with the wounded. It’s so much less wasteful.” Fluttershy ducked her head modestly.

She jerked her face back up in surprise as everypony in the room pointed a gun at her.

Comments ( 183 )

Fire the Applejack bullet and the Rarity bullet at each other and lets see where that takes us. Nice story by the way.

I do believe my read list needs to eat this one. It looks rather interesting.

Uhh... Good going Fluttershy. Yep... Way to go... and... aww who am I kidding? You're now a wanted mare!:yay:

That was quite possibly the most ridiculously awesome thing I've read in a very long time.

Only 3,000 words, but I just loved it!

You seem to know a lot about guns, dear Author. Good to see that. No obvious mistakes were found.

I also love the way how you gave each pony their own and unique weapons, styles and likes that fit their personality. A thing too many people ignore.

And the ending... Brilliant!

I didn't see grammar-related errors either!

Great job as always!

Nice... A slightly dark tale yet not without a touch of humor...

OMG, this was farking EPIC!

Celestia shows up with a minigun at the end. Luckily I wasn't drinking anything because the sheer silliness of that make me laugh out loud.

Thumbs up and watching.

I saw that ending coming a mile away.:rainbowlaugh:This story is awesome.

Fluttershy was just perfect at the end!:yay:

BRILLIANT!!!

This is pure awesome! I love it.
I didn't expect the ending XD. :rainbowlaugh: :yay:

two things popped into my head.
i wanna play Cod.
i wanna play TF2.
I'M SO CONFLICTED!
:pinkiesick:

Is it wrong to want to marry you on the spot?

1314204
Get in line. There have been a couple of people propose to me over FIMFiction already.

No, I'm not kidding.

1314209
Don'cha just love the internet?

Dat ending...

And respect to Carlos Hathcock, one of the most awesome snipers in history.

1314362
Yeah, I knew someone would catch the reference.

Oh Fluttershy. How I want to feast on what remains of you're corpse (Not really, that's pretty disgusting. Why did I bring that up, you have permission to shoot me now).

This entire story feels like a gun commercial. I suddenly have this incredible urge to buy an Automag. Of course, mom says that one gun is one too many, so I'm not sure how I'll convince her to let me get anouther. Especially one that costs as much as that.

1314003 play tf2, it's so much better.

Short, sweet, and to the point. I like it.

Luna got better.

Fluttershy didn't.

I like the story image, but the definition for Applejack is redundant. You've got liars on there twice.

1315076
It took me a second, but LOL

Wow.

Me gusta.

Anyway, I really like this story!
Sure there was the odd spelling mistake here and there, but not enough to make a difference.
Rarity putting a scope on a Browning M2? Hilarious.

Celestia bashing the doors in with a minigun? Utterly priceless!

Anyway, this is going right on my favourites.
Great story!

Your Faithful Student,
--TwilitLightning

I wasn't sure at first, but I couldn't stop, and that ending was just too awesome. Well played my good sir, well played indeed.

Please keep writing, I'll keep reading!

You know if the show wasnt for younger crouds this would probably be the most epic what if episode EVER.

I wasn't sure if this was going to be worth my time.

It was. Very well written, no sentence is in the wrong spot, and I've finally figured out where all the old weapons from WWI/WWII disappeared to when they weren't recovered. :pinkiehappy:

Fluttershy just ate a whole lotta lead.

1314003 Play Gears of War, it's better than either.

Great story

But I got to point out some inaccuracies. The M249 machine gun even firing at a Cyclic rate and Dual wielding would only have a firing rate of 1550 rounds per minute. While a M134 mini gun has a rate of fire that's 3000 rounds per minute. So Nightmare moon was taking about the rate of fire that she was putting out without landing any hits.

But still a great story.:rainbowdetermined2::pinkiehappy:

1315743
Celestia, being a badass, only fired what she needed to in order to shoot down all of Nightmare Moon's bullets, and then two more to explode her guns.

*handwave* MAGIC

:fluttershbad: WHY FLUTTERSHY WHY!!! Love the fanfic though! WHHHHHYYYYYY!!!!:fluttercry::fluttershyouch::fluttershysad::raritycry:

My avatar is very pleased. :trollestia:

Well this was a nice little trip. Reminded me of Resonance of Fate somehow, which I certainly am not complaining about. :rainbowwild:

Wish it was a little longer though.

And after that incident, Chrysalis attacked Canterlot but was gunned down along with the rest of her army by dozens of 50. cal stationary machineguns mounted on the castle walls.:trollestia:

My OC Boomdrop approves in whole.
Anyway, I don't necessarily... like... the ending. Poor Fluttershy.

this was just jaw dropping I absolutely love how you gave Rarity a scoped ma duece, when you said in the previous chapter that it was a .50 BMG I immediately thought "wait that's a maching gun not a sniper rifle" then in this chapter you confirmed it but with a scope and I then thought of that one sniper who used a set up like that i think his name was either hatchcock or hathcock. but the jaw dropping part was when fluttershy killed Luna or at least tried I dont know if she can die. but the part where she looked up at the guns pointed at her seemed like a huge cliffhanger. is there going to be more? or at least a sequal? I want to know how she will feel about killing somepony that was technically a non combatant who was possesed by an evil entity.

:facehoof: Now why did you go and do that, Snuffershy?

SS: dl.dropbox.com/u/31471793/FiMFiction/emoticons/misc_Fluttershy_umad.png

Other than the very end, great story.

...The hell did I just read?

Now it would all be perfect if Pinkie were to play Russian Roulette with all six chambers of her Deagle loaded.

Also... Fluttershy...Oh you...

sorry but aj's kills me

I LOVE the way Rarity ended up using a fifty-cal machine gun as a sniper rifle the same way Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock did back in Vietnam! It was just. So. Unbelievably EPIC!!! I squeed. :rainbowkiss: Time to die, darling :raritystarry:

Login or register to comment