• Published 19th Dec 2020
  • 1,923 Views, 1,138 Comments

My Little Pony: Sparkling Harmony: Season Two - Captain_Cosmos



Sparkler and her friends are back for new adventures!

  • ...
14
 1,138
 1,923

PreviousChapters
Episode 80: Long overdue Respects

After the events of the day, and the trial that ended in disaster thanks to the Nobles, everypony was sound asleep in their beds or sleeping bags. Sparkler was one such pony. Who was wrapped up in Twilight’s loving embrace.

Sparkler’s world suddenly turned into a…fairly standard living room. Something that confused her because a moment ago she was flying with her family. “Uh…hello?” She asked, for the moment, nopony answered, but then, a pair of ponies appeared right in front of her. A Pegasus mare and an earth pony stallion. Sparkler blinked as they phased into existence. “Uh…hi?” She greeted them skeptically.

“Hello there.” Said the stallion, both the Pegasus and the earth pony smiling at her.

Sparkler studied them. Raising an eyebrow. “Do I…know you from somewhere? You both look familiar.” She said. Indeed, she felt like she had seen these ponies before.

“We have never met directly. However, Autumn Apple brought a photograph of us to give to our little foal.” The Pegasus responded.

Sparkler’s eyes widened. Autumn? The photograph… “You’re Kicker’s parents…” She realized.

The Pegasus nodded, smiling. “I’m Cloud Mist. And this is Storm Kicker.” Cloud introduced herself and her husband.

“I-It’s an honor to meet you two.” Sparkler responded. “My name is Sparkler.”

“Yes. We are aware.” Storm replied. “We’ve been watching you guys.”

“We wanted to say thank you. For saving our son from those monsters.” Cloud said. “For giving him the life that we’ve always wanted for him.”

“Although. We admit that we didn’t see him becoming an Alicorn Filly coming.” Storm mused.

Sparkler gulped, and chuckled nervously. “Yeah uh…that was an accident! I swear I wasn’t trying anything!” She blurted out.

Cloud and Storm glanced at each other for a moment, before laughing. “Yeah. We know.” Cloud said.

“We told you we’ve been watching you.” Storm said. “And while it was unexpected. We certainly won’t complain about the result. Six Alicorn children. You and your significant other have your work cut out for ya.” He mused.

“We’re ready.” Sparkler responded. “I promise we’ll take good care of Melody, and her siblings.”

“Good.” Cloud said. “We’ll hold you to that.”

At that moment, there was a door that was opened, and then closed after a moment. Then, rather confused, all six kids walked into the living room. “Hello?” Melody asked.

“Anypony—Mom?! Dad?!” Crystal’s, as well as her siblings’ eyes widened when they saw their new mother, and their birth parents!

Storm and Cloud smiled brightly. “Hiya kids!” Storm said happily.

“Guess who.” Cloud said.

The kids, after standing stock still for a few seconds, burst out smiling as they took off in a sprint and tackled their birth parents in a hug. “You’re here!” Sky exclaimed.

“How are you here?” Trail asked.

Storm chuckled as she caught the girls in a hug. “We came by to see you guys. We’re so glad that you’re finally safe!” He said.

“Thank Sparkler.” Melody responded. “She and Mommy Twi were the ones who adopted us.”

“We know. We’ve been watching you.” Cloud said.

“You sure went through a transformation didn’tcha Kicker, or should I say Melody.” Storm said.

Melody blushed. “Yeah uh…that’s ok with you guys right?” She asked.

“Of course sweetie. You can have whatever name you want.” Cloud assured Melody.

Melody smiled while Crystal beamed. “Does this mean you’re coming back to life?” She asked her perceived birth parents.

That’s when the mood dropped. Storm and Cloud sadly shook their heads. “Afraid not Crystal.” Storm said.

“It’s just not possible for us to come back to life.” Cloud said. “But don’t worry. We’re confident your new family will take good care of you.”

The kids all nodded in agreement. “Ok.” Lumber said.

“We promise to be good.” Lightning said.

Sparkler couldn’t help but chuckle. “I sure hope so.” She said.

Storm and Cloud smiled. “Well. It’s time for us to go now.” Cloud said.

“It was good to see you guys one last time.” Storm said.

“We miss you.” Melody said.

“We miss you too. But don’t worry. We’ll always be with you. No matter where life takes you. So long as you remember that Friendship is magic.”

“And it will never fade away.” Storm and Cloud told the kids.

All six kids nodded, understanding their birth parents. After one last group hug, which Sparkler was pulled into, Storm and Cloud faded away. As did the kids. Leaving Sparkler alone in the house. Or so she thought.

“Magic truly is a wonderful thing isn’t it.” Sparkler heard Luna say, before she revealed herself from behind a corner.

Sparkler smiled. “You had something to do with this didn’t you.” She said, realizing what must’ve happened.

“Storm and Cloud did indeed contact you from the afterlife, as I said, magic is a wonderful thing.” Luna responded. “I merely merged your children’s dreams with yours so that they might be able to see their birth parents one last time.”

“Thank you Luna.” Sparkler said. “For everything.”

“My pleasure Sparkling Medley.” Luna responded.


“Good morning Equestria, I’m Gabby Tostudio. Here today with your morning news radio broadcast. Top story, Nobility is HISTORY. For those unaware, the majority of the Nobility has been quite vocal in their opposition to non-royal Alicorn Sparkling Medley’s decision to stay out of royalty. There have been little incidents like the Yule Ball disaster that spawned from this political conflict. But it came to a head yesterday when the Nobles stormed a courtroom in which Sparkling Medley was located and made aggressive moves towards her. Due to this riot, two convicts by the name of Sparky Rump and Misty Mystique have escaped life sentences passed down to them only moments prior. In response, Princess Celestia has had all of them arrested, and addressed the nation mere hours after the incident.”

“The Nobility has officially been dissolved. I wish for my little ponies to be able to live their lives as they see fit. But the Nobles’ actions in recent weeks against Sparkling Medley, which has resulted in two criminals escaping justice, have gone too far. The Canterlot Police Department is investigating all those responsible and they will face consequences for their actions. With any luck this shall rectify a mistake that should have been corrected long ago.”

“Equestria is going to have an adjustment period with there now being no Nobility. But ponies all around have expressed their distaste for the Nobles’ actions and are glad something is finally being done to knock them down a few pegs. And now over to Blast Storm for the weather.”

True to Blast’s weather report, it was a nice, sunny, chilly winter day in Canterlot. Twilight, Sparkler, and the kids met up with Autumn and they all headed into the Canterlot Cemetery. Autumn took the lead as they walked the rows of graves, until they came across a trio of graves. The graves that held the remains of Autumn’s husband, and Storm Kicker and Cloud Mist. “Here we are.” Autumn said. “Where your parents and my husband rest.” Autumn told the kids.

The kids all nodded…and one by one, they each placed a rose from a pack that Sparkler had picked up in front of each of the three tombstones. Paying their respects to their parents, and Autumn’s husband, who tried saving them. When the kids were finished, Sparkler and Twilight each placed their own roses in front of the tombstones. Once all the roses were in place, the nine ponies all just stood there, silently looking at the stones.

“Astarih jydan alan, li'ahibaayik fi hawafir jayida.” Sparkler said as she placed her roses

“What Sparkler?” Twilight asked.

“It’s a Saddle Arabian prayer. It means Rest well now. For your loved ones are in good hooves.” She explained.

“I can agree with that.” Crystal said. After which they returned to respectful silence.

“It’s sad.” Autumn said after a moment. “The murderers responsible for this are still out there. And all because some idiots didn’t like that an Alicorn didn’t have to be a princess.”

“At least Celestia took care of that.” Twilight responded. “Finally.” She was relieved that she wouldn’t have to worry about the now-former Nobles trashing Sparkler anymore. Now she just needed to worry about the escaped convicts. We’ll find them. And when we do, they’ll be thrown into the dungeon where they belong.

They all stood there for a little longer, before deciding that it was enough and heading out. After the Cemetery, they all proceeded to Donut Joes. Where Pinkie decided to throw a party to Celebrate the Nobility getting what they deserved at last. All their friends and family were there. Plus Princesses Celestia and Luna, Candy, Hanzal, Fleur, Fancypants, Investigators Nosey and River, Chief Quill, Flash Sentry, as well as Pearl, Audrey and Serena, who the sextuplets had become fast friends with, and of course all the pets. Mina, Flappy, their kids, Maddy, and Autumn’s dog Bella, who had been very happy to see her best friend Maddy after all these years.

Overall, it was a good way to cap off such an eventful two months. It wasn’t all sunshine and roses. But they weathered through it all, and for Twilight and Sparkler, it only reinforced their bond.

“You know what Sparky?” Twilight asked.

“What?” Sparkler responded.

“Having gone through all this, I’m now more confident than ever that we’re better together.” Twilight told her marefriend.

“Me too Twi.” Sparkler kissed Twilight’s cheek. “After all this. I’m ready for anything life throws at us.”

“Me too.” Twilight responded. Her words genuine and determined to make it so. They watched as their kids all gathered around Fleur and Fancy and started bombarding her with questions. Primarily about Fleur’s wings. Fleur’s an Alicorn too…how many more are out there?

To be continued next time…

(Below song plays throughout the final moments of the episode beginning when they leave the cemetery)

Author's Note:

Well, it's been over a year, but Season Two has at long last reached its conclusion. Not the happy ending everyone probably wanted but hey. Coulda been a lot worse.

Now, I'm gonna take a week or two break from writing SH to recharge my batteries. But don't worry. I got something for ya to theorize about in the meantime. The titles for all of the stand-alone stories taking place between Seasons 2 and 3 that are currently planned. In roughly the order they'll be released. (Titles are subject to change. As is the order of release)

SH Season 2.5 period
Sparkling Harmony: First Date Take 2
Sparkling Harmony: Seeing Triple
Sparkling Harmony: Repairing Burnt Bridges
Sparkling Harmony: Future Incursion

Have fun Theorizing what these could be about (I'm sure some are easier to guess than others. Lol.)

Until we meet again my friends! THX FOR READING!

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 34 )

Nce you found a place for this old thought, looking forward to the next story!

Though, i wonder...if there was a Nobel who supported Sparkler, (like Fanxcy for example) how would this change the status if Nobility is discolved?

11157823
Those that were good. Like Fleur and Fancy, don't get punished. They just lose the title

11157826
thus me wondering how the disolve of nobility affect them

11157828
It's literally JUST the title they're losing. They keep everything else

11157917
You have the titles for the next four projects. Wanna take a guess as to what the plots are for the next four stories?

very nice ending

11157979
Thanks.

Care to take some guesses as to what the plots of the next four projects are based on the titles?

Fantastic and emotional ending for Season 2, love it, cant wait for the next season and where it's heading:twilightsmile::heart:

11158093
Care to take any guesses as to what’s coming next based on the titles I released?

11158095
Dates, slice of life, repairing friendships and an invasion of some sort?

11158106
Good guesses. We’ll have to see if you’re right. :)

WE haven't seen how the home merger went yet. :derpytongue2: As to the nobility while those in Canterlot aren't a big lose there are those as said supported Sparkler but historically speaking they did serve a vital purpose as local representatives of crown

11158224
You'll see how the merger went hopefully next time.

And I more imagine the mayors of the towns are the true representatives. Not the Nobles

11158233 That's certainly how it worked in the cities after a while. London's mayor is referred to Lord Mayor officially

11158233
Will there be elements from the show in the next season of this fic?

11158381
There were always elements from the show here. After all this wouldn't be much of a MLP fanfiction without the MLP.

But yeah. There will be elements from MLP.

“We told you we’ve been watching you.” Storm said. “And while it was unexpected. We certainly won’t complain about the result. Six Alicorn children. You and your significant other have your work cut out for ya.” He mused.

I feel Luna's hoof in this

“The Nobility has officially been dissolved. I wish for my little ponies to be able to live their lives as they see fit. But the Nobles’ actions in recent weeks against Sparkling Medley, which has resulted in two criminals escaping justice, have gone too far. The Canterlot Police Department is investigating all those responsible and they will face consequences for their actions. With any luck this shall rectify a mistake that should have been corrected long ago.”

That's a bit harsh I'd say.
Look for example at poor Fancypants. He gets stripped of his title while still being a good guy....

“It’s a Saddle Arabian prayer. It means Rest well now. For your loved ones are in good hooves.” She explained.

Amen
Good touch with the actual arabic!

Sparkling Harmony: First Date Take 2
Sparkling Harmony: Seeing Triple
Sparkling Harmony: Repairing Burnt Bridges
Sparkling Harmony: Future Incursion

Ok here we go.

First Date Take 2: Twilight and Sparkler want to have a proper first date. A changeling posing as Twilight takes her place mid-date exchanging with her without anypony noticing, in order to eat the love. With all the love, the changeling defeats Chrysalis and proceeds to become the first Changeling king.

Seeing Triple: Flappy develops a third eye to keep track of all his chicks. But the eye is on the back of his head.

Repairing Burnt Bridges: Another standard day for AJ while rebuilding old bridges. The sextuplets feel they need to help. Now it's AJ's worst day ever.

Future Incursion: Exploring the friendship castle, the kids find the old time spell of Starlight, but they read it backwards and travel to the future, when they're adults and have moved away from the castle. They find their now old mothers, and without being seen, make them remind of the times they were all together. Turns out it was the Cutie Map who sent them there to help, and make them go back after they've finished their quest.

11158723
This happens after Thorax took control. So yeah. Chrysalis is currently no threat at the moment

11174011
Betty’s only a pony. Sometimes we don’t always connect the dots right away.

Also, thanks for giving me the heads up about the typo

11174557
Yeah that probably makes more sense

11425432
That’s his entire point. He doesn’t acknowledge that Flurry exists. And when it’s thrown at his face, he essentially calls for her execution.

Ooh. I should have him make that remark in front of Cadence. See how well he does after that one.

11425439
I guess he is perfect enough to work with the other villians

11425443
Well, He's already going full blown villain at this point.

11425414

“Grah. Ok fine!” Shining said. “So she didn’t foalnap anypony. I still don’t trust a word of her supposed backstory. Born an Alicorn to non-Alicorn parents? Treated like a freak in school and forced to hide her wings because of it? How can you be sure she’s not just saying that to get ponies to feel sorry for her?” He asked.

MY OC'S ORIGIN BASICALLY THE SAME!!
without the bullying.

11425444
OH god

what would his actions be against Sunny Starscout?

Comment posted by MatTheBook deleted Nov 17th, 2022

11425457
Actually in this Universe she really DID ascend to Alicornhood so she actually counts as an Alicorn in his eyes.

Still would decry her though because she's not royalty

“Grah. Ok fine!” Shining said. “So she didn’t foalnap anypony. I still don’t trust a word of her supposed backstory. Born an Alicorn to non-Alicorn parents? Treated like a freak in school and forced to hide her wings because of it? How can you be sure she’s not just saying that to get ponies to feel sorry for her?” He asked.

MY OC'S ORIGIN BASICALLY THE SAME!!
without the bullying.

“No! It may be the norm, but it is most certainly not a requirement. You can be one without the other. The two concepts are completely independent of each other!” Fleur growled. “Sparkler has spent her entire life dealing with ponies berating her for being an Alicorn. And now she’s having to put up with you lot just because she made a choice on how to live HER life!” She roared. “Equestria was built on the foundation of friendship. Of freedom. What you pinbrains are doing flies right in the face of those beliefs. It is Sparkler’s life and she will choose to live it as she wishes. And if you don’t like that. TOO BUCKING BAD!” She roared. She glanced at Celestia. “Princess Celestia, the floor is yours.” She said.

ALICORNS ARE NOT GODS, ALICORNS AREN'T ALWAYS ROYALTY, THEY ARE ALSO NORMAL PONIES!

“Me too.” Twilight responded. Her words genuine and determined to make it so. They watched as their kids all gathered around Fleur and Fancy and started bombarding her with questions. Primarily about Fleur’s wings. Fleur’s an Alicorn too…how many more are out there?

Many could be hiding for safety
11425479

11517986
Exactly: If it can go wrong, it will go wrong.

Login or register to comment