• Published 19th Dec 2020
  • 1,922 Views, 1,138 Comments

My Little Pony: Sparkling Harmony: Season Two - Captain_Cosmos



Sparkler and her friends are back for new adventures!

  • ...
14
 1,138
 1,922

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 60: Unsteady Yule Tides Pt 1

“This would’ve been so much easier if you had just agreed to a dress Sparkler.” Rarity told Sparkler as she helped Sparkler into her Yule Ball Tux.

The night of the Yule Ball had come and Sparkler and Twilight, along with their friends, and Night-Mare, were at the Canterlot Boutique getting ready. Rarity took one look at Sparkler when she arrived and immediately started grimacing over how Sparkler’s womb had gotten increasingly bigger than she expected.

Sparkler shook her head. “Ok, in my defense Rarity, I had no idea this pregnancy was gonna happen. And I still think a Tux is better than a dress.” She said. “Also, I did not think there was enough time for you to design and make a whole new dress anyway.”

Rarity laughed. “Ha! You underestimate me darling. If need be I can turn over a new dress in 24 hours. Guaranteed.” She told her.

Sparkler looked at Rarity wide-eyed. “Wow. Impressive.” She commented.

“I can attest to that.” Night-Mare called over, she glanced in the mirror at her Yule Ball dress, which Rarity was indeed able to produce in under 24 hours.

“So rest assured that you had time Sparkler.” Rarity said as she inspected the tux that she had to modify even more upon seeing Sparkler’s increased womb size.

“I’ll remember that.” Sparkler replied.

Night-Mare smiled as she wandered over to Sparkler while Rarity was busy fussing over her tux. “So. You nervous Sparkler?” She asked.

“What do I have to be nervous about? I’m pregnant with Triplets, about to escort Twilight to a Ball which will probably be full of Anti-Sparkler Nobles. Oh, and I’m gonna perform perhaps the most important Hearth's Warming tradition in Equestrian history which I somehow already knew before Twilight said anything to me about it. And on top of that, I could go into labor literally at any moment. So uh, what do I have to be nervous about Night-Mare?” Sparkler replied.

That got a good chuckle out of everypony there. Pinkie bounced over to Sparkler and smiled at her. “Oh relax Sparky! Don’t let those mean old featherbrains ruin tonight for you! It’s gonna be the best night of your life!” Pinkie told her. She then leaned down and focused on Sparkler’s womb. “And as for you three. I know you probably want to be born as soon as possible but your mommy needs you to not be born today. You can be born any other time.” She told the Triplets.

Sparkler felt a kick in response. She winced, grunted, and clutched her womb. “Gah! Darn it, I think they didn’t like that.” She said with a pained voice.

Starlight raised an eyebrow. “Uh, are we sure it’s a good idea for Sparkler to go to the Yule Ball? Honestly speaking she looks like she’s ready to burst.” She observed.

“Uhm, I kinda agree with Starlight.” Fluttershy said. “In fact, Sparkler, uh, your womb looks like it’s carrying more than just Triplets. Maybe Quadruplets?” She inquired.

Sparkler’s eyes widened and she quickly looked in the mirror. She focused on her stomach, and indeed a fourth foal could easily fit in there. She shook her head to clear that preposterous thought. “I can’t be pregnant with Quadruplets Flutters. Two doctors have confirmed that I am only pregnant with Triplets.” She said.

“And her missing the Yule Ball?!” Rarity let out a dramatic gasp. “How can you suggest such a thing? This is Sparklers’ and Twilights’ night to be romantic and to have a wonderful time. And you think she should miss it?” She asked.

“Not to mention that Celestia’s personal doctor recommended she give birth at the castle.” Applejack interjected. “Now, I’m not saying she should or shouldn’t go. But I am pointing out how going has it’s benefits.” She said.

“All the more reason for her to go!” Rarity responded. “In the event that she goes into labor she shan’t go far to a bed.”

“But there’s also those noble featherbrains.” Rainbow said. “They’re going to notice Sparkler eventually and once they do, who knows what will happen.” Rainbow said.

“And without her magic is kinda vulnerable.” Night-Mare mused.

“Precisely why I’m here.” Flash, who had been standing idly in the boutique, chimed in. “And I even arranged for some…extra security dedicated to Sparkler’s protection.” He revealed.

Sparkler raised an eyebrow. “I agreed to ONE guard as an escort Flash.” She told him. “Just one.”

“Sorry Sparkler.” Flash replied. “But the Yule Ball is gonna be filled with Nobles that hate you. And if Twilight were to say…go to the lady’s room, that’s a significant portion of your defense absent.” He told her. “But if it helps, these arrangements won’t crowd you. It’ll just be me by your side.”

Sparkler wanted to argue, but she really didn’t have any grounds from which to do so. Flash had her. She couldn’t use magic herself, Twilight going to the restroom was a very real possibility, and if the stories she heard were to be believed the Nobles would be looking for an opportunity to do something. Instead, she just sighed. “I feel like I’m back in school.” She said.

“Squawk! But there is a difference this time. Squawk!” Flappy commented. He had been fixing himself up for his time at the Ball with his new girlfriend Mina and had been listening in. Deciding now to chime in. “Squawk! This time you aren’t alone. Squawk!”

“Yeah!” Everypony else there said in unison.

“You have friends now, Sparkler.” Fluttershy said.

“And no way are we leaving you hanging.” Rainbow added.

Sparkler smiled and began to tear up. “Thanks everypony. I couldn’t have asked for better friends than all of you.” She said.

Maddy, who was sitting there idly because she refused to be left behind at the house this time, barked happily and jumped up to lick Sparkler’s face. Sparkler giggled and pet Maddy’s head. “And of course I can’t forget about you Maddy.” She said.

Maddy wagged her tail when she was pet, and then proceeded to move to Sparkler’s side and sniff her stomach. After a bit of sniffing, she looked up at Sparkler in confusion.

Sparkler sighed as she pet Maddy’s ahead again. “Kicker’s in there Maddy. At least, I sure hope so.” She told her.

Maddy whimpered and nuzzled Sparkler’s womb. Night-Mare sighed. “She really misses Kicker.” She concluded.

“She always wants to cuddle up with my womb.” Sparkler replied. “Night-Mare, are you sure she’ll be allowed at the Ball?” She asked.

“That’s what Lulu told me when I Horn Pulsed her a bit ago.” Night-Mare replied. “Speaking of, Sparkler, thank you for your part in us getting together.” She added.

“No problem Night.” Sparkler responded. “I’m sure you two will be very happy together.”

“I hope so.” Night-Mare said.

Rarity inspected Sparkler one more time, and smiled. “And there! You are now officially ready for the Yule Ball!” She declared.

Sparkler smiled as she looked herself over in the mirror. She was wearing her tuxedo that Rarity had made, and her fancy sparkly bow. Her mane was curled several times at the bottom, the top had been tamed and curled at its end. And since her tail wasn’t covered by a dress. It too had received curls at the end, and even had black bow tied at the base of her tail. And the centerpieces were her Cutie Mark pin on her left and Twilight’s Cutie Mark in her mane.

“Thank you Rarity.” Sparkler said. “I love it.”

“You are most certainly welcome darling. Shame that Twilight had to leave early to greet guests.” Rarity responded.

Night-Mare nodded. “Yeah it’s a shame. I don’t envy the task of being a princess.” She commented.

“Why do you think I refuse to be crowned?” Sparkler asked. “And if the Nobles are making this much of a fuss because of it then I’m REALLY glad I didn’t accept a crown. Because I am not gonna wear a crown for selfish Nobles who would’ve otherwise been kissing my hooves hoping I’d grant them some loan or some crap like that.” She explained.

“Ouch.” Rainbow let out a sizzling sound.

“Dang. Savage Sparkler for the win.” Night-Mare added.

“Just…don’t say that to their faces.” Rarity interjected. “While I agree. It’s better to not talk to them.”

“Yeah. Because I’m SO itching to talk to them.” Sparkler said sarcastically.

“Don’t worry about them darling. Tonight, it’s you and Twilight. Nothing else matters…save for the foals.” Rarity told Sparkler. “And you two are gonna KILL it during the Alicorn Winter Waltz.” She beamed.

“Yeah.” Sparkler replied. She smiled. In truth she was looking forward to the Waltz. Not just because it was gonna be her first dance with Twilight, but also because it was an ancient Alicorn Tradition. And since she was an Alicorn, might as well partake in the traditions of her species.

“Alright!” Spike, who was in a tuxedo as well, said. “If we’re all ready then let’s get going!” He declared.

Rarity beamed and clapped her hooves rapidly. “Yes! Let’s go!”


At the Castle, Twilight stood with the other princesses and shining, greeting guests as they came. In truth she was nervous. Thankfully no nobles had tried to woo her yet, but she was afraid of what would happen when they did and they found out who she was courting. That and Sparkler and her friends had yet to show and for every pony that came before them, that was one more pony Sparkler would be walking into a room full of that may have a problem with her.

Shining noticed his sisters’ nervousness and chuckled. “Nervous Twily?” He asked.

“Given the situation with you know who and the Nobles. Wouldn’t you be?” She asked.

“Oh relax. It’ll be fine. Those guys will be too busy mingling to notice her…hopefully.” Shining replied.

“But what if they—“

“Ah. Princess Twilight. Good to see you again.” Came a new voice.

Twilight turned to see who greeted her. And had to force herself to smile when she saw the LAST pony she wanted to see. It was Silver-Mane, head of the Anti-Sparkler club.

“Hello Silver-Mane. I trust you are doing well?” Twilight asked. Resisting the urge to wipe that smile off his face.

“Things could be going better but I suppose I cannot complain.” Silver-Mane replied. “And I must say that I am looking forward to performing the Alicorn Winter Waltz with you this evening as always, seeing as you still do not have a suitor I presume?” He asked.

Oh how Twilight wanted to smack Silver-Mane into next week. To do SOMETHING to him in return for all the harassment towards Sparkler. While she couldn’t risk a scandal like that, she could however dash his dreams of a Waltz. “Actually Silver-Mane, I do have a suitor. As such I shall be enjoying the waltz with them this year.” She told him. Genuinely smiling this time.

Silver-Mane was taken aback. He had not expected that response. He cleared his throat. “Well. That is wonderful news. May I ask who the lucky stallion might be?” He asked.

“I see no reason why you would need to know that.” Twilight replied.

“Hmmm. No matter. I shall see them with you out on the dance floor. I do hope you enjoy yourself with your suitor.” He said, proceeding into the Yule Ball.

Shining watched him go and grimaced. “Boy is he in for a shock when he learns who you’re with Twily.” He said.

“Thank Faust Flash arranged for extra security for Sparkler. From the looks of it, she might need it.” Twilight responded.

Elsewhere in the ballroom, Fletcher, dressed in a tuxedo, walked among the crowd, watching out for any activity. His eyes caught Silver-Mane arriving and stopped. “Well look who decided to show up.” He engaged his mind link with his partner, Omega. A link that they established earlier today.

Alpha to Omega, I have eyes on the head whiner.

Roger that. Any sign of the mother-to-be?

Negative. But I have a feeling she’ll show soon.

Ten-four.

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the ball, Chief Quill was by the refreshments stand, also keeping an eye on things. “I still feel like we need more security here.” He commented. Celestia had told him what the security would be like for the Yule Ball. In addition to the regular security, a pair of special forces guards were assigned undercover to keep an eye on the non-Royal Alicorn. He grimaced when he saw Silver-Mane. “SOMETHING is gonna happen. I can feel it. And he is gonna be the cause.” He muttered under his breath.

On a beam high above the ball, Philomena sat idly. Looking down at the ponies on the ground. She soon heard a voice that she longed to hear. “Squawk! Why hello there, beautiful! What’s a pretty bird like you doing on a beam like this? Squawk!” Mina turned to see Flappy land beside her.

“Flappy! You made it!” She leaned in and kissed Flappy on the cheek.

Flappy blushed at the peck. “Squawk! Like I was gonna miss hanging out with you tonight. You and our bundle of joy. Squawk!” He replied.

“Ooh. Speaking of, Dr. Shadow Wind said I was pregnant with triplets today.” Mina told Flappy.

That reached his ears, and Flappy groaned. “Squawk! Sparkler’s having triplets, you’re having triplets. What is the fixation? Squawk!” He asked rhetorically.

Mina shrugged. “Who knows. But Uhm, Flappy, do you think Sparkler would mind if you took the kids to live with you guys in Ponyville?” She asked.

“Squawk! Oh? And why is that? Squawk!” Flappy asked.

“Cause well, I don’t want them to be in the spotlight. I want them to live peaceful lives away from the ponyrazzi, basically.” Mina explained.

Flappy nodded. He understood where Mina was coming from. “Squawk! I’ll talk to Sparkler after she gives birth. But for now. Let’s enjoy tonight. Squawk!” Flappy said.

“Yes.” Mina replied. Wrapping a wing around Flappy.

Flappy nuzzled Mina as he glanced down and saw Sparkler and their friends walking into the Yule Ball. He took a deep breath.

Here we go. If tonight ends without an incident I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

To be continued…

Author's Note:

Here we go. Sparkler is in the same room as Silver-Mane. Shivers

What will happen? STAY TUNED!

THX FOR READING!

PreviousChapters Next