• Published 19th Dec 2020
  • 1,923 Views, 1,138 Comments

My Little Pony: Sparkling Harmony: Season Two - Captain_Cosmos



Sparkler and her friends are back for new adventures!

  • ...
14
 1,138
 1,923

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 58: Unexpected Allies

Sparkler and Twilight said goodnight to everypony and made their way into Twilight’s old room. Sparkler climbed up into bed with Twilight. “Due anywhere from tomorrow to Saturday…” She commented.

“Yeah.” Twilight said as she laid down and pulled the covers over her and Sparkler. “This is definitely the strangest pregnancy that’s ever happened. Hooves down.”

Sparkler nodded in agreement, she idly glanced down at her triplet carrying belly and sighed. “Twi, I think we need to talk about what we’re gonna do with the extra foals. I think we should have that decided before I go into labor.” She said.

“I agree, and the sooner we decide the better, seeing as how you could go into Labor at any time.” Twilight said. She was expecting Sparkler to bring it up soon after learning when she could be expecting. She bit her lip before continuing. “What are you thinking?” Twilight asked.

Sparkler sighed. She had been thinking about it ever since she knew she was pregnant with triplets. And while having two extra kids made certain things more challenging in the long run, it didn’t change the fact that Kicker now had Siblings, something that she knew he would want. On that note…”I…think we should keep whatever comes out of my womb.” She said.

Twilight’s eyes widened. “Really?” She asked. Admittedly she had come to the same conclusion as well, but at the end of the day it was Sparkler’s choice.

“Really.” Sparkler replied. “Having two extra kids will make things harder. But to offset that, Kicker having siblings is something I think will be good for him in the long run. Having somepony to play with if we can’t, somepony who’ll always be there even if we’re not…” Sparkler trailed off. “W-What do you think?” She asked nervously.

Twilight looked at her for a second, before smiling. “Exactly what I was thinking.” She said. She pulled Sparkler in for a kiss. She pulled back after a few seconds of passion. “We’re in this together. We can handle anything life throws at us.” She said.

“If you say so.” Sparkler responded, smiling. “I love you Twilight.”

“I love you too Sparky.” Twilight replied. “Goodnight.” She said.

“Goodnight.” Sparkler replied as they both drifted off the sleep cuddling.


Soon, in the Dream Realm, Sparkler sat, watching Princess Luna as she sang and played guitar. She and Luna had been going at these practices for a few days now, and she was still having a bit of trouble wrapping her head around the fact that Luna came to her for music lessons.

After a moment, the song came to an end and Luna put down the guitar. Sparkler nodded. “Luna?” She asked.

“Yes Sparkler?” Luna replied.

“I dare say you’re ready.” Sparkler told her with a smile. “I don’t know if I’m just that good a teacher, your a fast learner, but either way you are ready to win your crush over through song.” She announced.

Luna smiled widely when she was told that. “I dare say you are just that good a teacher. Thank you Sparkling Medley. I am in your debt.” She told her.

“Yeah I might need to cash that in when my triplets are born. Because I imagine me being pregnant with Kicker was not what Family Services had in mind and I don’t know if I can go through the stress of battling them to keep Kicker when there are other, easier means” Sparkler joked.

That got Luna to chuckle for sure. “Do not worry Sparkler. You and Twilight will not lose custody of Kicker. Celestia and I shall make it a royal decree if we have to.” She told her.

“Thanks Luna. I really appreciate it.” Sparkler replied with a sigh of relief. “So, do you want to finally tell me who it is your trying to win over?” She asked.

Luna blushed as she lit her horn. “It is somepony you know.” She said.

At that moment, a pony phased into existence, and Sparkler’s eyes widened when she saw…

“Night-Mare?!” Sparkler‘s jaw dropped. Unless she was misunderstanding, Luna had been learning music so that she could win over Twilight’s twin sister!

Luna nodded with a blush and a sheepish smile. “Indeed.” She said.

Sparkler slowly started smiling. “Doctor Night-Mare, PHD in astronomy. Going for brains and beauty I see.” She mused.

“You and I have similar tastes.” Luna replied giggling.

“Apparently so.” Sparkler replied.

“Thank you agree Sparkler. I really do appreciate it.” Luna said.

“No problem Luna.” Sparkler replied, proud to help the princess.

Luna smiled. She had already secured a stargazing date with Night-Mare the next day and she intended to take advantage of that. It was gonna be a good night.


The next day, some time after breakfast, Night-Mare and Twilight wanted to take Sparkler around Canterlot, seeing as how she had never been there before. So while Spike and Flappy elected to stay at home and play Ogres and Oubliettes with Shining and Nightlight, and Velvet and Cadance had plans to go shopping, Sparkler, Twilight, Night-Mare, and Flash were all walking the streets. Maddy came along too.

“So, let me get this straight. Apparently Kilihima Village is so remote that you had no idea that you were part of a species rather than a one off?” Night-Mare asked Sparkler.

“That’s right.” Sparkler replied. “I’m fairly certain that if it weren’t for Twilight, I would never have learned as much as I now know about my own species.” She said, nuzzling Twilight in the process.

“Yeah. My BTSFF is smart like that.” Night-Mare responded.

“Ya know, I just can’t believe two non-Alicorn ponies made an Alicorn.” Flash chimed in. “Flurry Heart was a surprise, but you’re something else entirely Sparkler.” He said.

“I’m a miracle child Flash.” Sparkler commented with a chuckle, nudging him playfully.

Flash chuckled along with Sparkler. “Good thing for Twilight eh?” He replied with a wink.

That got everypony to laugh. Twilight couldn’t be happier with how this was going. She was glad Sparkler and Flash were becoming friends, rather than Flash just being Sparkler’s escort.

“Ya know. You not having Alicorn parents gets me wanting to learn more about them. Like actually researching them.” Night-Mare said. “Celestia and Luna can move the Sun and the Moon respectively. I wonder if Alicorns are linked to the Cosmos in any way.” She mused.

“Sparkler and I have been trying to figure out how she could be an Alicorn ever since she came out to me.” Twilight said.

“Say, maybe we could work together!” Night-Mare suggested. “Pool our resources!”

“That’s a great idea!” Twilight exclaimed excitedly. “Ooh! We can use the data Sparkler and I have as a starting point…”

While the twins started talking science and research, Sparkler just looked on with admiration. “Faust I love it when she gets like this.” She whispered.

“Yeah Twilight has quite a brain.” Flash commented. “I think you made a good choice.” He told Sparkler.

“What makes you say that?” Sparkler asked.

“I was like you once. In that I had a crush on Twilight.” Flash revealed.

Sparkler stopped smiling. “Really?” She asked.

“Yep.” Flash replied. “A while back. But then you came along.”

“O-Oh…” Sparkler replied. She bit her lip. Not knowing what to say. Although a tiny bit of worry crept up.

Flash saw her expression and chuckled. “Don’t worry. I won’t try to steal Twilight from you. I just want her to be happy. And if that’s with you, then I won’t be a wedge.” He told her with a smile.

Sparkler internally breathed a sigh of relief. “Good.” She said. “And hey. I’m sure you’ll find somepony. Plenty of fish in the sea.” She told him.

“The only question I have is. When are you gonna pop the question?” Flash asked with a chuckle.

Sparkler jumped when Flash asked that and blushed like mad. “Flash! We’ve only been together for two weeks!” She told him.

“And yet you already have a child together.” Flash countered, smirking at her. “And two more on the way.”

Sparkler stammered, trying to come up with a response, before she realized something. “You’re just messing with me aren’t you.” She said, grumbling.

Flash laughed. “Gotta have my fun when I can. Do you know how hard it is to be the Captain of the Royal Guard? Not to mention I have this really hard task of escorting a pony around Canterlot because some ponies don’t like her.” He explained jokingly.

Sparkler genuinely laughed at that. “And who’s that?” She asked.

“She’s pregnant with Triplets and they won’t stop kicking her.” Flash responded, laughing.

Sparkler laughed, and opened her mouth to say something, before she felt a Kick and gasped. It ended her laughter and she held her stomach. “Gah. Darn it I think they heard you!” She grimaced.

Twilight and Night-Mare heard the gasp and stopped their own conversation. They looked over at Sparkler. “Sparkler?” Night-Mare asked.

“You OK Sparky?” Twilight asked, concern clear in her voice.

“Yeah.” Sparkler replied. “Just felt another kick.” She panted. This kick was harder than the others. I hope that means they’re coming soon. She thought.


Meanwhile, at Donut Joes, Candy took a bite of her donut as she stood next to the joint’s radio. Listening to the station it was on.

“And up next, we have the hottest new song this holiday season, performed by music sensation Airwave and rising Alicorn star Sparkling Medley, Perfect Hearths Warming! This is what the holidays are made for folks!”

Candy’s eyes widened at Sparkler’s name drop as the song kicked in. After a few seconds, she heard Sparkler’s voice. She smiled as she listened to the song. “I said it before and I’ll say it again. Moving to Ponyville was the best choice Sparkler has ever made for herself.” She commented out loud.

“What do you mean by that Candy?” Asked one of Candy’s fellow radio listeners, Fleur Dis-Lee, a pony that Candy had come to consider a good friend these last few weeks.

“I mean, back in Saddle Arabia, her life was horsecrap Fleur. Not her homelife, but her school life. Nopony liked her.” Candy explained.

“Preposterous.” Said Fancypants, who was also there listening to the radio. “Alicorns are revered across the world.” He said.

“Tell that to the Kilihima school Class of 980.” Candy replied. “They treated her like trash. Like most of the Nobles are doing today.”

Fancypants shook his head. “Featherbrains. Especially Silver-Mane. Can’t be born an Alicorn. Seriously, where does he get his logic?” He asked.

“And where does it say in the law that an Alicorn must be royalty? If she doesn’t want to be Royalty why should they care?” Fleur asked.

Candy just stood there and smiled. Much to her relief, both Fleur Dis Lee and Sir Fancypants were not in fact Anti-Sparkler Nobles. Quite the opposite.

“You two are the only ones who deserve to be called Nobles as far as I’m concerned.” She commented. “Unlike the others, you two actually have a brain.”

“We just understand that Sparkling Medley had no control over what she was born as and that she wishes to remain out of Royalty.” Fancypants responded. “It is her choice and we have no right to impede on that choice.”

“Plus, we understand that yes, one CAN be born an Alicorn.” Fleur added. “Flurry Heart is a prime example.”

“I’m sure quite a few ponies will be happy to hear you say that.” Candy responded.

After a moment of silence, Fleur spoke again. “I will say that I actually look up to Sparkler a bit.” She commented.

Now that got Candy’s attention. “Oh?” She asked. “And why is that Fleur?” She was not expecting to hear that a Noble actually looked up to Sparkler.

Fleur was about to say something, before they heard the door to Donut Joe’s shop open. Candy glanced past her fellow two Noble Radio listeners and smiled when she saw who walked in. “Speak of the devil. Hey Sparkler!” She trotted over to Sparkler and her party.

Sparkler, Twilight, and Flash, after leaving Night-Mare outside with Maddy, entered the shop. Sparkler heard her name and glanced around to see Candy trotting up to her. “Hey Candy!” She said happily.

Candy pulled Sparkler into a hug. “How’re you Sparkler? I didn’t realize you were in town.” She said.

“Yeah, this trip wasn’t exactly planned.” Twilight explained.

Candy than noticed something. Even through the cloak that Sparkler was wearing, she could see something that she knew wasn’t right. Sparkler’s belly was bulging. “Sparkler?” She asked. “What’s wrong?”

Sparkler sighed. She gestured to a booth and she, Candy, and Twilight op went over to that booth while Flash volunteered to get the donut snacks. Once they sat down, Sparkler told Candy. “Candy…I’m pregnant with Triplets. And one of them is Kicker.” She said.

Candy blinked, letting the info sink in. After a few seconds, she gasped. “You’re pregnant?! How?! How far in?” She asked.

“According to yesterday’s doctor’s visit, I could be due as early as today and as late as Saturday.” Sparkler told Candy.

Candy’s jaw dropped. Her friend was due to give birth anywhere in the next three days?! “…How?” She asked, not knowing what else to say.

“Let’s just say, Alicorn Sneezes can be magical.” Twilight replied.

While Candy, Sparkler, and Twilight talked, Fleur and Fancypants watched from afar. They did not miss that Captain Flash Sentry was with them.

“Looks like princess Celestia assigned a Royal guard to Sparkler.” Fleur concluded.

“That’s right.” Flash chimed in, he did not fail to notice Fancypants and Fleur were there, and while he waited for the order from Joe, he had decided to wander over to the two. “Princess Celestia is not taking any Noble crap towards Sparkler. So don’t even try.” He warned them.

“Do not fret Captain.” Fancypants responded. “Unlike our colleagues, we do not have any problems with Sparkler.” He told him.

“We actually want to be friends with her if anything.” Fleur added.

Flash’s eyes widened. Did he just encounter a pair of Nobles that were actually OK with Sparkler? He eyed them suspiciously. “What are you two up to?” He asked.

“We are not up to anything. We mean it when we say we don’t have any quarrels with Sparkler.” Fancypants said.

Flash stared at them for a moment, before smiling. “Well I’ll be a lightning bolt. Nobles that I DON’T have to worry about.” He said.

Fleur giggled at that. “If anything I idolize her. She was very brave for coming out as an Alicorn.” She commented. A hint of disappointment in her voice.

Flash raised an eyebrow, not missing that disappointment. “Something wrong?” He asked.

Fleur glanced at Fancypants, and then at Flash, and then back to Sparkler. “There’s uh, something I’d like to say to Sparkler, and, well, tell her. But I would prefer if we talked in a more private setting. Ideally just me and her.” She told Flash.

Flash bit his lip. So far he couldn’t detect an ounce of deception in Fancypants and Fleur, but he also had orders. “I’m under orders to stay close to Sparkler at all times. And not let her out of my sight. So if you want to talk to her in private, I’m afraid I’ll have to join.” He informed her.

Fleur nodded. “If you must.” She replied. She was not about to argue when she had no ground from which TO argue.

“…I could talk to Sparkler and Twilight. Tell them that you want to talk to Sparkler.” Flash offered. “Arrange a meeting in a neutral, private location picked by me” He said.

“I see you’re taking Sparkler’s protection seriously.” Fancypants observed. “Not allowing Fleur to pick where to meet.”

“Considering I only found out a few moments ago that you two are on her side, I think I can be forgiven for not taking any chances. Oh, and I can’t and won’t promise that Twilight wont also be there.” Flash told them. “Twilight, from what I’ve seen, is very protective of Sparkler and I have my doubts that she’ll allow Sparkler to see you without her there.” He said.

Fleur nodded in agreement. “If you can talk to them that would be great. Thanks Captain.” She said.

“Hey, it’s best if Sparkler knew she has allies among the Nobility.” Flash remarked. “If I may. What is it that you wish to talk to her about? Something I can bring forward to them.” He asked.

“Just, tell them we want to reach out to Sparkler in friendship.” Fleur replied.

Flash nodded. “I’ll get word to you what they decide.” He said. In truth he was still skeptical about the whole thing. On one hoof, he couldn’t detect an ounce of deception, on another, he wasn’t the Element of Honesty. Fortunately, I can request backup. He smiled inwardly. He already had in mind who he would request for backup.

To be continued…

Author's Note:

To those of you who were wondering what Fleur and Fancypants thought of Sparkler. Here you go.

THX FOR READING!

PreviousChapters Next